USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

19 hours ago, USMC_PackFan said:

I checked last night as well and week 10 was the only one I think he could've won if he had a 2nd QB on the roster and played E. Ingram over Kelce (bye).  Week 11 was a complete abomination.  Having said that, I will agree that we'll just leave things as they are as far as the draft order for next year. 

However, a very strict 3 strike rule will be in effect from now on and it is as follows:

1st Strike - First round pick gets moved to end of the round.

2nd Strike - First round pick gets moved to end of the draft.

3rd Strike - Out of the league!

It should go without saying that we (the other 2 LMs & myself) will consider any extenuating circumstances which led to the line up issue/issues before handing down any penalties.

Thoughts?

Fine with me

On 1/4/2018 at 11:25 AM, USMC_PackFan said:

I checked last night as well and week 10 was the only one I think he could've won if he had a 2nd QB on the roster and played E. Ingram over Kelce (bye).  Week 11 was a complete abomination.  Having said that, I will agree that we'll just leave things as they are as far as the draft order for next year. 

However, a very strict 3 strike rule will be in effect from now on and it is as follows:

1st Strike - First round pick gets moved to end of the round.

2nd Strike - First round pick gets moved to end of the draft.

3rd Strike - Out of the league!

It should go without saying that we (the other 2 LMs & myself) will consider any extenuating circumstances which led to the line up issue/issues before handing down any penalties.

Thoughts?

I'm assuming this is for tanking...I would consider adding:

Point adjustments will be made for the match-up at the time of the strike.

If a GM is replaced, the new GM will start with a clean slate and won't be penalized from the past GM's strikes.

4 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I'm assuming this is for tanking...I would consider adding:

Point adjustments will be made for the match-up at the time of the strike.

If a GM is replaced, the new GM will start with a clean slate and won't be penalized from the past GM's strikes.

My concern about that...

its very easy for a replaced owner to get another account and avoid punishment. Just my opinion. 

Derrick Henry is primed to take the reins. It's been easy to wait on his opportunity as an owner due to what he had shown in a limited role. Some players don't give us much to go off of whether it be limited opportunity, injuries, missed opportunity. We hold players for different reasons, but a lot of it is dependent on draft capital spent, or purely on our own personal belief in the player. I gave up on Devante Adams the season before he blew up.... Who on your squad is the player that's tearing you apart? Who's the player that you can't help but hold on to?

13 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

My concern about that...

its very easy for a replaced owner to get another account and avoid punishment. Just my opinion. 

I think what @WE-R-Lions is trying to say, is that since the points would be adjusted that same week that the draft pick would automatically adjust to where it should be regardless of the tank. So if someone was to make an alt account the pick would be where it should be. The same goes for new owners, no one should benefit from another's tanking, that is unfair to everyone that put in the time and played legit. Actually I'd really prefer new posters to get in the league when we have an opening. That is in no way a knock on we-r (hockey's right, we need a nickname) because I know he's an active gm and a good commish of my second dynasty over on PHREAK. Its just a personal preference not to be playing with the same guys in different leagues. Though it's a hypocritical stance since I'm in both. :D Anyways I'm rambling now.....

4 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

I think what @WE-R-Lions is trying to say, is that since the points would be adjusted that same week that the draft pick would automatically adjust to where it should be regardless of the tank. So if someone was to make an alt account the pick would be where it should be. The same goes for new owners, no one should benefit from another's tanking, that is unfair to everyone that put in the time and played legit. Actually I'd really prefer new posters to get in the league when we have an opening. That is in no way a knock on we-r (hockey's right, we need a nickname) because I know he's an active gm and a good commish of my second dynasty over on PHREAK. Its just a personal preference not to be playing with the same guys in different leagues. Though it's a hypocritical stance since I'm in both. :D Anyways I'm rambling now.....

That sounds good. As long as their are punishments through the season...that’s very fair. 

16 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

That sounds good. As long as their are punishments through the season...that’s very fair. 

Next season, if anyone has any sort of issue with any suspected tanking, inactivity, or knowingly not playing an "optimal" lineup contact either @USMC_PackFan @chisoxguy7 or me @honolulu2786... We have a group chat where we will discuss, scrutinize, and determine what punishment if any is needed. This may include PM's to the GM in question to defend their reasoning. We are not looking to be ticky tack here, your roster is yours to play as you see fit, but your reasoning for your lineup should make sense and that will be determined by the three of us. Mind you this is only for for eyebrow raising situations.

Edited by honolulu2786

58 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

Yes, exactly!! Nicely stated!

Chances are it won't happen again.;)