NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

Remember when Raiders fans were all debating who they were going to take in top 5 with Bears pick?  I said you are going to be picking in top 5, but pick will be your own.

They stole a first rounder from Dallas though. That was a nice move. But then Dallas went on a run and moved that one back too spoiling it a bit.

They hired Mayock. Weird. Guy knows talent though.

We are one of only team forums not talking draft.  Bears essentially had two drafts in 2018 with Mack trade and trade into 2nd.  Worth it IMO. 

42 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Mitch has progressed big time from the beginning of the year. Blitzs don’t phase him as much and his third down completions are insane.

i expect him to convert third downs consistently.

MT10 was the 3rd best qb on 3rd down in 2017, I'm trying to find 2018 numbers, but that really confirms what I feel like I'm seeing which is that the kid is just money on money downs

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Remember when Raiders fans were all debating who they were going to take in top 5 with Bears pick?  I said you are going to be picking in top 5, but pick will be your own.

They stole a first rounder from Dallas though. That was a nice move. But then Dallas went on a run and moved that one back too spoiling it a bit.

They hired Mayock. Weird. Guy knows talent though.

We are one of only team forums not talking draft.  Bears essentially had two drafts in 2018 with Mack trade and trade into 2nd.  Worth it IMO. 

Not only did the Bears have two drafts in 2018, but it had two GREAT drafts. If you can add a Mack level player ever two drafts you are doing great. Miller from 2019's draft shift of number twos and we've got the makings of two great drafts occurring in 2018 and any other players that prove to be productive (Smith, Daniels, etc.) are merely gravy. Throw in that Miller can come into 2019 as a seasoned second year vet with the same offense as Mitch gains full NFL control of the offense and we've got the makings of syncing our talent within the dreaded four-five year cap window.

12 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Serious question? What the hell are offenses going to do if Goldman continues to realize that hes the biggest, baddest, strongest man in the middle and that iol have no chance against him.  700+ lbs that can move and hold their gaps is just unfair.  

Then add Nichols and RRH playing with them and Bullard rotating to keep them fresh for the big money passing downs.

Just nasty.

There are 2 story lines that I hope hold true into next season,

1. Kirk Cousins seems to be a huge mistake. 28/season for a QB who is simply not good in games that matter.

2. Aaron Rodgers in his 2nd season of decline. Not saying that he still is not very good, but this was a bad year and the injuries keep piling up.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The fact that our backups forced 2 turnovers on downs may have been the most dominant thing of the entire game.

The Vikings 84 million dollar QB, struggled to move the ball against backups.

When Amos' big hit caused the first TOD, the Vikings gained 5 yards total on the 4 plays. Hicks and Mack didn't play any of those 4 plays. Impressive as hell.

17 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The throw Trubisky made on the lone White reception was incredible. An unblocked blitzer and he stayed in there and threw a dime. Progress.

Coolness under fire. That's one of the fundamental traits of a good QB or leader. Doesn't show up at the combine measurables.

A QB learning a system or the speed of the game can look like he doesn't have "it" and at too many times Mitch has looked like "it" might not be part of his game.

Every play like that makes it look more like he does indeed have "it" and that the game is slowing down for him.

Archived