LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE

mistakey

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

A parrot with the ability to only say run could have won us the Jacksonville game last year. That game was the worst coaching effort I ever saw.

Or it is a testiment to Hue’s coaching that we were within striking distance of winning against a legit super bowl contender with our bad news bears roster in the first place.  All coaches make calls that blow up in their face from time to time.  Especially when the coach is trying to be head coach and offensive coordinator at the same time.  I hope you realize how rare it is to see a perfectly called game.

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Or it is a testiment to Hue’s coaching that we were within striking distance of winning against a legit super bowl contender with our bad news bears roster in the first place.  All coaches make calls that blow up in their face from time to time.  Especially when the coach is trying to be head coach and offensive coordinator at the same time.  I hope you realize how rare it is to see a perfectly called game.

Well if you face the #1 passing defense who was like 29th against the run and your strength is the ground game and it is extremely windy and rainy/snowy and you drop back to pass 40 times and run less than 15 times and 16 of the 19 points that you gave up were from turnovers in the passing game in your 19-7 loss then I think I may be able to think of a thing or two that could have been done better by the coach.

34 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well if you face the #1 passing defense who was like 29th against the run and your strength is the ground game and it is extremely windy and rainy/snowy and you drop back to pass 40 times and run less than 15 times and 16 of the 19 points that you gave up were from turnovers in the passing game in your 19-7 loss then I think I may be able to think of a thing or two that could have been done better by the coach.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Our strength was not the run game, we had no strength.  Teams stacked the box against us because they knew that we could not pass.  We could not pass, we could not run, we play from behind, of course we are going to TRY to pass the football.

On 5/16/2018 at 6:51 PM, DizzyDean said:

Our strength was not the run game, we had no strength.  Teams stacked the box against us because they knew that we could not pass.  We could not pass, we could not run, we play from behind, of course we are going to TRY to pass the football.

Agree to disagree cause I don't expect Huebris to be flawless but I do expect my HC to at least be competent in the play calling. I'm admittedly not a play calling savant but I felt I could've called better plays in most of our games last year, shoot I felt a monkey throwing darts at a board could've called better plays the Hueball did. Just my opinion and opinions are like buttholes in that everyone has 1. 

47 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Agree to disagree cause I don't expect Huebris to be flawless but I do expect my HC to at least be competent in the play calling. I'm admittedly not a play calling savant but I felt I could've called better plays in most of our games last year, shoot I felt a monkey throwing darts at a board could've called better plays the Hueball did. Just my opinion and opinions are like buttholes in that everyone has 1. 

Its impossible to call winning plays when you do not have players on the roster that can execute them.  Of course he could have called different plays.  The results would not have been much different.  Crowell is not an all world back, we could have ran the ball a ton, and we would have still sucked, only it would have been in a different way, and the arm chair head coaches here would be complaining about Hue for not opening up the offense with our strong armed boy wonder QB (without all of that throwing, folks would have denied how terrible he really was).  It is what it is.

Hue's one and only stint as a HC in the NFL prior to coming here was in Oakland, if I am not mistaken, that year he fielded a top 6 offense in the league with Jason freaking Campbell at QB and won 8 games.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Its impossible to call winning plays when you do not have players on the roster that can execute them.  Of course he could have called different plays.  The results would not have been much different.  Crowell is not an all world back, we could have ran the ball a ton, and we would have still sucked, only it would have been in a different way, and the arm chair head coaches here would be complaining about Hue for not opening up the offense with our strong armed boy wonder QB (without all of that throwing, folks would have denied how terrible he really was).  It is what it is.

Hue's one and only stint as a HC in the NFL prior to coming here was in Oakland, if I am not mistaken, that year he fielded a top 6 offense in the league with Jason freaking Campbell at QB and won 8 games.

Raiders were 16th in offensive scoring in 2011 with Hue as head coach a year after finishing 3rd in scoring. The Raiders also lost 4 out of their last 5 to finish 8-8 and Carson Palmer started the majority of the games and had the worst year of his career. So, uh, great job Hue.

8 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Raiders were 16th in offensive scoring in 2011 with Hue as head coach a year after finishing 3rd in scoring. The Raiders also lost 4 out of their last 5 to finish 8-8 and Carson Palmer started the majority of the games and had the worst year of his career. So, uh, great job Hue.

I hate you both for encouraging the nonsense.

On 5/18/2018 at 2:14 AM, Thomas5737 said:

My bad.  Could have sworn I read otherwise.  Still yet, let’s put things into perspective.  After a promising 4 and 2 start, the starting QB went down with an injury that year.  In a desperation move to save their playoff hopes, they swing for the fences and trade for a retired QB, who, while he was familiar with Jackson had been sitting at home.  No ota’s no off season work, no anything really to be ready to play.  The team collapsed.  They still finished a respectful 8 and 8.  Of course Campbell’s injury and Palmers crazy interception total was Jackson’s fault right?  They were 9 in the league in yards on offense and 7 in the league in rushing.

On 5/17/2018 at 11:14 PM, Thomas5737 said:

To be fair, Carson Palmer wasn't on the team to start the year. Jason campbell was their starter and played well and then he broke his collar bone. That was also the year that Al Davis died. Al didn't leave a succession plan so after he died hue went absolutely power crazy and traded two first round picks for Palmer. I thought hue got an unfair shake until the stories started coming out about how he was an egomaniac that went on several tirades and basically berrated people in the front office in front of other employees. That was the last .500 record the raiders had until they went 12-4 two years ago for a miriade of other reasons

I used to watch a ton of raiders games back then because they would stagger the games with the 49ers and it would be the only other game on. 

This thread is hilarious. Remember when the niners were trying to hire hue? Our front office wanted to dump Kaepernick but hue wanted to make kaep his starter.. I was pissed lol 

Archived