Elliott Suspension Discussion

Texasmade

9 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I sincerely hope this case gets thrown out and the judge doing so reams the NFL a new one. Talk about being hypocritical. 

What part of Comrade Goodell's M.O. hasn't been hypocritical in virtually every suspension he's handed down? It's not like this is the first time he's gone off the deep end when it comes to abusing his power.

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

What part of Comrade Goodell's M.O. hasn't been hypocritical in virtually every suspension he's handed down? It's not like this is the first time he's gone off the deep end when it comes to abusing his power.

I'm in agreement, just saying. The NFL has become a joke when it comes to punishing players under Goodell. 

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I'm in agreement, just saying. The NFL has become a joke when it comes to punishing players under Goodell. 

You bet it has. But, the NFLPA has culpability here, too. They never tried to get this out of the CBA, so they need to accept some of the blame as well.

1 hour ago, Runaway Jim said:

If Zeke is suspended, who is the better fantasy play, McFadden or Morris?

I'm not sure. DMC is a healthy scratch for whatever reasons and Morris' stats continue to slide. Actually....this might just be a good topic if/when the time comes. I'm not terribly confident the replacement is in-house right now.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm not sure. DMC is a healthy scratch for whatever reasons and Morris' stats continue to slide. Actually....this might just be a good topic if/when the time comes. I'm not terribly confident the replacement is in-house right now.

I think it's McFadden. McFadden is like the lite version of Zeke. Can catch, run, block. Morris is more of a compliment. He just runs the ball and blocks. I think I could see McFadden stepping into the starting role if Zeke misses.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Wonder what yalls thoughts were about Adrian peterson? Do you think he would make a good change of pace between the tackles type back to help take pressure off Zeke? Or would he be just another Morris/DM in the backfield?

He's not really excelling in that role in New Orleans at the moment. AP is the kind of back that needs several carries to get going. 

Archived