What is your REALISTIC expectation for this year?

BigD1123

I expect an 8-8 record.

Carr to get back to TOP tier QB class.

Cooper to find his best/beast form.

The running game to be solid.

Miller, Hall, Hurst and Key to look like our new foundation behind Carr and next to the interior OL.

Conley to break out.

LB and S play to cost us multiple games.

Hoping Gruden can turn this offense back into what Musgrave had going, worried by the OL in particular our OTs. Asking Penn to swap sides is a big risk anyway but playing Miller ahead of him at LT is even bigger. Hopefully Jordy can be a solid receiver for DC and Coop can regain his form. 

Defensively I think Guenther will improve us. His ability to disguise and mix up coverages will have to aid the pass rush cos without Mack we might struggle. We need the rookies to contribute immediately on the DL which is never easy. Big season for Lee, Conley and Joseph.

I’ll be happy with a 7+ win season, fear we might not get that many.   

On 7/26/2018 at 10:06 AM, big_palooka said:

Who are you predictions for the following:

Breakout guy: Gareon Conley 

Comeback kid: Amari Cooper

Rising Star: Gareon Conley/PJ Hall (since I named Conley for breakout guy)

Don't forget about: Jordy Nelson 

Needs to rebound: Derek Carr 

Darkhorse MVP: Amari Cooper/Bruce Irvin 

Under the Radar: Jalen Richard 

23 hours ago, Dessie said:

Hoping Gruden can turn this offense back into what Musgrave had going, worried by the OL in particular our OTs. Asking Penn to swap sides is a big risk anyway but playing Miller ahead of him at LT is even bigger. Hopefully Jordy can be a solid receiver for DC and Coop can regain his form. 

Defensively I think Guenther will improve us. His ability to disguise and mix up coverages will have to aid the pass rush cos without Mack we might struggle. We need the rookies to contribute immediately on the DL which is never easy. Big season for Lee, Conley and Joseph.

I’ll be happy with a 7+ win season, fear we might not get that many.   

I see it exactly the same, well said.

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm sorry.... but Mack doesn't account for 4 wins.

No but losing Mack and the lockroom because of it can account for 4 loses.

Mack almost won the game tonight for the Bears. Problem is Aaron Rodgers...

4 hours ago, G said:

People getting all up on the Bears and Trubisky for losing this game. Theyre a good team with alot of talent and are gonna compete as they gel and get the system down better.

Its like playing the Pats week 1 in Foxboro and losing in the last couple minutes, and saying said losing team is gonna suck for the year. 75% of the league wouldve lost to the Bears tonight. They just happened to be playing against the Tom Brady of the NFC on his home field.

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

People getting all up on the Bears and Trubisky for losing this game. Theyre a good team with alot of talent and are gonna compete as they gel and get the system down better.

Its like playing the Pats week 1 in Foxboro and losing in the last couple minutes, and saying said losing team is gonna suck for the year. 75% of the league wouldve lost to the Bears tonight. They just happened to be playing against the Tom Brady of the NFC on his home field.

But they’re gonna be facing the same situation over and over their division is stacked.

9 hours ago, G said:

This is why you sign guys like Jordy, DJ, Hall, etc. to provide leadership in the locker room. That defense is going to be hungry. You're not losing the locker room with the vets in it. 

6 hours ago, riceman80 said:

GB, Pats any team that has had a good/great QB in a similar system (HC) over time will always have an advantage week 1. Hopefully one day we will be the same because of stability at HC and Carr. 

BP I hope you're right. Our future will be better but being I'll be at the opener tonight I preferred to win now before leaving Oakland. 

Archived