Deshone Kizer Appreciation Thread

FGK

6 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

If you look at the other rookie games, they aren't even playing the same position.  All bootlegs, rollouts, sprints, etc.  Moving the pocket and limiting the reads.

Kizer was the only one playing NFL QB.  None of those other QBs stayed in the pocket, manipulating defenders both on the line of scrimmage and in the secondary, like a seasoned pro.

Early results show that we got the best of the bunch, and by a wide margin.  

Yeah, it's important to not get ahead of ourselves but at the same time you can't dismiss what he did.

On that final TD throw he looked like a 10 year vet the way he moved in the pocket, kept his eyes downfield, stepped up and threw it.

He wasn't, as ditch points out, running a college or limited nfl playbook and making one read throws.

On 8/15/2017 at 2:09 AM, Mind Character said:

One game doesn't tell us anything and only time will tell.

It's not just this game. It's been his entire career even at ND. Remember man this isn't a surprise this is what we saw from the beginning. Trust it my friend. 

By march, Deshone was the forgotten man for whom many of us thought "yo...is this muther bucker about to fall to round 2...oh my goodness..." Then came the draft...the pick was made and people were upset we didn't take Obi Melifonwu instead.

By draft day no one still believed except for the chosen few.

Yeah man I thought that was ridiculous. Lmao people are crazy. I didn't think Kizer would get past Arizona. But when they went Budda Baker it was as if Moses departed the Red Sea to bring the Browns to our promised franchise QB finally. 

But those few of us who even on draft day thought it was Kizer first then maybe Trubisky second on the list will soon have a chance to have our predictions come to fruition.

The only difference between @brownie man and me now are that he's allowed himself to believe.  He hasn't hesitated in that belief. I admire that, but I just can't believe it yet. I tried to convince so many people with nonquality/super long posts praising Kizer just to now not want to believe

See...the thing is....I've been hurt before.........and I just don't know if I can love again.....

After the Kizer pick, Deep deep down inside I began to remember a whisper of a dream of all the Kizer positive things I once said about him, but now that he was the Browns QB I buried and surpressed all those positives feelings b/c surely something good at the QB position can't really happen here....can it??

I can't even enjoy what he did in game 1 b/c I'm afraid of being hurt again by another QB....

Someone out there help me believe....and love again..............

At this rate I'm not celebrating or believing anything I see until the very end of the season...maybe then I can allow myself to feel that special feeling again.....

Bro it's no worries. He's it he's the guy. Trust me man you can love again it's ok. We finally got our franchise QB we really did along with the coach to mold him. 

He is nowhere near the bums we've brought in before. Guys like Johnny Weeden Quinn and McCoy all sucked as prospects. 

Kizer is on a whole different level. Honestly we need to send Brian Kelly a edible arrangement because for him to cause Kizer to fall to the 2nd was a blessing. 

For those of you podcast listeners out there, you should check-out the first ten or so minutes of Dane Brugler's "Trust the Tape" podcast that was released last night. They discuss potential OROY candidates and once they get past the obvious choices of the rookie running backs, he points to Kizer and states he was his favorite pick of the draft, which is pretty high praise given Dane's prestige in the draft scouting community. 

46 minutes ago, brownie man said:

It's not just this game. It's been his entire career even at ND. Remember man this isn't a surprise this is what we saw from the beginning. Trust it my friend. 

Yeah man I thought that was ridiculous. Lmao people are crazy. I didn't think Kizer would get past Arizona. But when they went Budda Baker it was as if Moses departed the Red Sea to bring the Browns to our promised franchise QB finally. 

Bro it's no worries. He's it he's the guy. Trust me man you can love again it's ok. We finally got our franchise QB we really did along with the coach to mold him. 

He is nowhere near the bums we've brought in before. Guys like Johnny Weeden Quinn and McCoy all sucked as prospects. 

Kizer is on a whole different level. Honestly we need to send Brian Kelly a edible arrangement because for him to cause Kizer to fall to the 2nd was a blessing. 

Edible arrangements?? Hahaha....Does that edible arrangement come with fruit flies or nah....

That post season time leading up to the draft was insane for Deshone...shout out to Brian Kelly...and the underwear Olympics

I hear you man.......I'm going to try my best..but remind me every once and a while if I start to stray off the "we have our developmental QB1" true path....

Just now, DizzyDean said:

Maybe we should be sending one of those Edible arrangements to Bill O' Brien too, if you listen to what Joe Thomas has to say and put stock in his thoughts about the issue.

I'll send the Texans one for the draft pick, they have to send me several if I have to watch Brock play in the regular season though.

1 minute ago, LouBegaFreak said:

I'll send the Texans one for the draft pick, they have to send me several if I have to watch Brock play in the regular season though.

Joe Thomas seems to think you will have to watch him play in the regular season... and I agree with him.

15 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Someone did say that all of the QBs in this draft were projects... they got grilled for it pretty good.  Who was that guy?  The name is on the tip of my tongue :P

Except he just said that Kizer isn't a project, that he's making NFL plays already and looking like an NFL passer in the pocket.  So I think the guy you're thinking of who said that the rest projects but that Kizer the truth: @brownie man.  I think that's the name on the tip of your tongue.

I wasn't referring to Brownie when I was speaking of someone saying all of the QBs in the class being projects.  :-)  The person I speak of included Kizer as a project... kinda like Joe Thomas when he said he could be good in a few years.  That is the very definition of a project.

He did look great, against 3rd and 4th stringers on a team with a bad defense to start with, running a vanilla defense.  That is encouraging, but its not something to be overly excited about.  Put him against a good NFL defense, and if he shows the same promise, then get excited.  

He likely faced tougher defenses in college than he faced against the Saints.

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Except he just said that Kizer isn't a project, that he's making NFL plays already and looking like an NFL passer in the pocket.  So I think the guy you're thinking of who said that the rest projects but that Kizer the truth: @brownie man.  I think that's the name on the tip of your tongue.

Thank you lol

but I wouldn't classify Kizer as a project or a guy that's ready to play asap. 

Id put him in the middle. As a guy who is prepared but needs to be more consistent with his mechanics and understand the offense. I don't think that's a developmental project I think he's player who needs to continue to develop and master being a QB.

i never said I wanted him to play week one, but I also don't think at all he needs to sit the year on the bench. 

Whenever he fully understand the playbook, his protection calls, and is consistent enough with his mechanics along with a supporting cast ready to produce for him then I say put him out there. Till then send Cody or Brock

Archived