Deshone Kizer Appreciation Thread

FGK

Just a reminder about how one game doesn't mean much.....look at Deshaun Watson and Mitch Trubisky's starter hype after game 2 of the preseason

After game 1, every sports talk show, blogger, and fan on their forum was on the "They look ready.....they should start now..." or at least the "it looks like we could have our QB of the future...I'm excited..."

After game 2, Watson 3 for 10 with junk yards and spotty inaccuracy...now Texans fans are all "He's not ready...he needs time..."  Bears fans that crowned Trubisky the messiah after game 1 are silent now and not as optimistic

If Kizer goes out and performs poorly...our fans will feel the same and those on the Kizer sucks bandwagon preseason will feel like they have confirmatory evidence...but...more importantly, if he goes out and balls out...it doesn't mean he's ready or that the first glowing opinions were correct after game 1 either...the Trubisky and Watson sucks fans are also not vindicated when the QBs struggle....

2 preseason games with vanilla defenses against defenses that rest veteran starters is not an accurate sample size to assess these QBs....just a reminder

He's a rookie...no rookie's are ready...he needs time....I say wait until after the bye week if necessary....

No matter how it goes game 2 for Kizer...he's still a rookie QB which means he's not ready yet as none of them are....we're not competing for the super bowl this year......there's no need to rush his development...we don't want him second guessing himself....when he's ready Hue will know...

I'm going to make my opinion after the season has ended...I'm not going to be the Eagles fan that has the time of his life with Joe Montana and Dan Marino comparisons the first 5 games of the season with Wentz...just to feel pessimistic about Wentz future after he struggles...

One season of struggle even if that happens to Kizer doesn't mean he's not ultimately the guy...it does however mean we should plan accordingly...

12 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Just reminder about how one game doesn't mean much.....look at Deshaun Watson and Mitch Trubisky's starter hype after game 2 of the preseason

After game 1, every sports talk show, blogger, and fan on their forum was on the "They look ready.....they should start now..." or at least the "it looks like we could have our QB of the future...I'm excited..."

After game 2, Watson 3 for 10 with junk yards and spotty inaccuracy...now Texans fans are all "He's not ready...he needs time..."  Bears fans that crowned Trubisky the messiah after game 1 are silent now and not as optimistic

If Kizer goes out and performs well....our fans will feel the same...but...more importantly, if he goes out and balls out...it doesn't mean he's ready or that the first glowing opinions were correct after game 1 either...the Trubisky and Watson sucks fans are also not vindicated when the QBs struggle....

2 preseason games with vanilla defenses against defenses that rest veteran starters is not an accurate sample size to assess these QBs....just a reminder

He's a rookie...no rookie's are ready...he needs time....I say wait until after the bye week if necessary....

No matter how it goes game 2 for Kizer...he's still a rookie QB which means he's not ready yet as none of them are....we're not competing for the super bowl this year......there's no need to rush his development...we don't want him second guessing himself....when he's ready Hue will know...

Voice of reason

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Just a reminder about how one game doesn't mean much.....look at Deshaun Watson and Mitch Trubisky's starter hype after game 2 of the preseason

Trub didnt have nearly as good of a game in preseason game 2 compared to game 1, but he still looked pretty good.

14 hours ago, killin' it like ki7er said:

Forum Rules 

• Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
  • Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed. 
  • Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.  
  • Do not post copyrighted material. 
  • Do not promote (SPAM) other websites in your posts, signatures, or PMs. 
  • You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
  • You are only allowed one username. Anyone caught with multiple usernames may recieve a ban.  
  • Finally, this is a business and if you are doing anything which the webmaster deems 'bad for business' you will be asked to stop. If you choose to ignore the webmaster, you'll receive a ban. 

I've forwarded on to Spiderman to consider your ban, @brownie man.

58 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Forum Rules 

• Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
  • Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed. 
  • Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.  
  • Do not post copyrighted material. 
  • Do not promote (SPAM) other websites in your posts, signatures, or PMs. 
  • You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
  • You are only allowed one username. Anyone caught with multiple usernames may recieve a ban.  
  • Finally, this is a business and if you are doing anything which the webmaster deems 'bad for business' you will be asked to stop. If you choose to ignore the webmaster, you'll receive a ban. 

I've forwarded on to Spiderman to consider your ban, @brownie man.

Ha, I'm just a long time reader (4+ years) that has only just been able to join. I'm an Australian living here in Aus and have tried to join the old forum multiple times. It wouldn't even load for half the time I was browsing and I had to use a US proxy just to access it. Despite multiple registration attempts I never got a confirmation email.

The new site works like a charm though and it was all gravy to finally get amongst it. 

As weird as it is i'm familiar with most of you all and no stranger to seeing the accusations thrown out about duplicate accounts.

Look forward to discussing our browns with you all and the humour that comes along with it, i'm a member of another board but it's no where near the quality or quantity standard of FF so i'm glad to finally be here.

11 minutes ago, killin' it like ki7er said:

Ha, I'm just a long time reader (4+ years) that has only just been able to join. I'm an Australian living here in Aus and have tried to join the old forum multiple times. It wouldn't even load for half the time I was browsing and I had to use a US proxy just to access it. Despite multiple registration attempts I never got a confirmation email.

The new site works like a charm though and it was all gravy to finally get amongst it. 

As weird as it is i'm familiar with most of you all and no stranger to seeing the accusations thrown out about duplicate accounts.

Look forward to discussing our browns with you all and the humour that comes along with it, i'm a member of another board but it's no where near the quality or quantity standard of FF so i'm glad to finally be here.

Mmmm Hmmmmm pardon us if we don't take your word for it (no idea why we wouldn't but we won't). If it is all the same to you mate, we'd like to ask you a few questions. I'll start. Does your toilet flush clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Archived