Our Offense got a lot faster this off season.

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I get the worry that the A.Smith trade may be another disasterous trade for us, but I just don’t know the horse has to be beaten with the stick in every thread. It’s incredibly frustrating to not be able to say one good word about our new starting qb without getting chastised for it from 1/2 of the forum. I just don’t understand why every thread has to become a “the Alex Smith trade WILL DEFINITELY BE A DISASTER” thread.

We get it, some of you guys think this is going to be McNabb 2.0 but I don’t think the comparison fits. Alex is in better shape, he is coming from a similar offense and coming onto a team with a lot more talent on than the 2010 Shanahan team had.

I think if the hateerade for Alex Smith could be lightened up until it’s proven - if it ever is - that he’s not working out, the this would be a better place.

I don’t think Alex Smith will be a disaster I think he’ll be mediocre.  Trading a 3rd and Fuller then paying a mediocre QB 97 Mil was the disaster part.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t think Alex Smith will be a disaster I think he’ll be mediocre.  Trading a 3rd and Fuller then paying a mediocre QB 97 Mil was the disaster part.

So I am trying to nail down what it is you'd like to see happen for 2018.

From your point view, a disaster would be a great outcome. That way, it gets Smith and Bruce Allen out of DC faster, yes? 

All you could ever see Alex as.. is being mediocre...  

So, it makes most sense that you actually hope the Redskins are in for a disaster this season, amirite? Honesty, please. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Tbh, we never would have traded back and picked up a BETTER 3rd round pick if we had had our original 3rd. So the trade was Fuller for Smith at the end of the day. And even though I loved Fuller, and he balled out last year, the value of a top 16 QB (if you think he’s just average) FAR outweighs the value of a Nickel CB.  The FO screwed up the Kirk situation, no doubt, but I really like the look of this team for the next few years. 

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Tbh, we never would have traded back and picked up a BETTER 3rd round pick if we had had our original 3rd.

We don't know that, but we cannot prove a negative.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Maybe, maybe not. I think that’s my main point. I don’t know that he will or won’t be good, bad or mediocre but I’m hopeful as a fan that it’s in the good. I’m hopeful that he’s at least comparable to Kirk as he was last year and he has less than 10 turnovers again. If he continues to have less than 10 turnovers then it will help the team win more because possession is everything in the nfl. If you’re Qb is going to run the ball over 15 plus times a game, that’s a issue that leads to losses.

38 minutes ago, Woz said:

We don't know that, but we cannot prove a negative.

I’m like 99% sure about it. In some of the post draft interviews both Doug and Jay talked about wanting to take Guice at our original 2nd round pick, but there were other people in the room that were adamant about recouping a 3rd round pick. I’m guessing Bruce was the loudest voice in that regard so that his trade for Smith would look better. 

55 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I’m like 99% sure about it. In some of the post draft interviews both Doug and Jay talked about wanting to take Guice at our original 2nd round pick, but there were other people in the room that were adamant about recouping a 3rd round pick. I’m guessing Bruce was the loudest voice in that regard so that his trade for Smith would look better. 

Eh, okay. I'd like to see a source for the interviews, but I could buy that it went down that way.

Alex Smith - His speed is nothing to write home about. Also, who are the best QBs in the NFL? How many of them do you really care about their speed? Smith doesn't have an ability to avoid the pass rush beyond anyone any other good QB.

Richardson - Ran a 4.4 at the combine. Pryor ran a 4.38. Richardson really isn't the deep threat people are touting him to be. He's nowhere near Tyreek Hill or DeShaun Jackson. He struggled to get separation (2.4 yards separation average. Compare that with Hill's 3.5 or Teddy Ginn Jr. 3.5) and mainly got open after Wilson would extend a play.

Derrius Guice isn't fast.

They may have increased their speed, but it's a marginal improvement.

22 hours ago, oldman9er said:

So I am trying to nail down what it is you'd like to see happen for 2018.

From your point view, a disaster would be a great outcome. That way, it gets Smith and Bruce Allen out of DC faster, yes? 

All you could ever see Alex as.. is being mediocre...  

So, it makes most sense that you actually hope the Redskins are in for a disaster this season, amirite? Honesty, please. 

Let's say Alex Smith bombs this year or to @MKnight82's point, is terribly mediocre. We'll either be stuck with him on the roster chewing up tons of cap, or be rid of him but have a ton of dead cap. There's really no out over the next 3 years. That's the stupidity of the whole thing - we traded a 3rd round pick and a young CB to be tied to a mediocre QB for the next 3 years. 

16 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Let's say Alex Smith bombs this year or to @MKnight82's point, is terribly mediocre. We'll either be stuck with him on the roster chewing up tons of cap, or be rid of him but have a ton of dead cap. There's really no out over the next 3 years. That's the stupidity of the whole thing - we traded a 3rd round pick and a young CB to be tied to a mediocre QB for the next 3 years. 

Ya but can he win in domes?  

26 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

So to clarify this indirect answer to the question, you.. and presumably the evasive MK82 do indeed want your Redskins team to fail miserably over the next year or three. 

That about the size of it? 

Anyone else signing up for the Fans That Want Their Team To Suck group? 

( it's all good, I have seen this before.. just wanted it well noted )

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

So to clarify this indirect answer to the question, you.. and presumably the evasive MK82 do indeed want your Redskins team to fail miserably over the next year or three. 

Well obviously it's better if they win a Super Bowl...because then you won a Super Bowl, but that's not realistic with this team. We took a short term fix to keep the team in the 6-10 to 10-6 range in 2018 at the sacrifice of the ability to potentially win big in 2019/2020. 

And let's not kid ourselves. If Alex Smith fails miserably, I'll still be here, a Redskins fan, while you move on to another's teams forum to support a journeyman QB (just to make sure that's well noted).

10 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I don't root for mediocrity.  I'm not the fan who's going to sit there and applaud another 9 win season with 1 and done in the playoffs.  There's nothing about this current roster that makes me think they can win a Super Bowl.  The front office is a joke and needs to be gutted.  If losing gets everyone fired and high draft pick talent then that's what we need to do to get better.  

4 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Well obviously it's better if they win a Super Bowl...because then you won a Super Bowl, but that's not realistic with this team. We took a short term fix to keep the team in the 6-10 to 10-6 range in 2018 at the sacrifice of the ability to potentially win big in 2019/2020. 

And let's not kid ourselves. If Alex Smith fails miserably, I'll still be here, a Redskins fan, while you move on to another's teams forum to support a journeyman QB (just to make sure that's well noted).

Touche... and maybe so. I don't plan that far ahead, yet will disclose that I am still going to be watching favorably of Kansas City and always SF. 

That said, I am always hoping for the best of any team I claim to support.. assuming they win me over, over time. Now that I have dug into all personnel and whatnot of the Redskins (and GUICE is here!!!!), I would be very surprised if to not keep a strong interest in your team. Happy day, for you!!!!

So, there is that.. 

Archived