The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

Just now, ninjapirate said:

To replace who? He's not exactly a lot better or better at all than any of our projected starters out there. 

Williams. I still question his plate discipline and ability to hit off speed stuff.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Like I posted above. I feel like he has shown enough to be given the opportunity and I think Altherr might just be a better player when healthy.

Fair enough. Altherr has been a huge revelation this season. Might be the biggest part of the rebuild that comes out of it. We already knew Odubel was a building block, but having Altherr is huge.

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

wow i didn't realize how all stats hated altherr in the field until just now when I looked.

I thought he had a good reputation out there. 

His reputation is definitely better than his numbers. He should still be an average defensive outfielder.

5 hours ago, utley4568 said:

His reputation is definitely better than his numbers. He should still be an average defensive outfielder.

I don't know how much I trust defensive stats. Especailly range stats. It seems the more I look the worse I feel about them. Like Trout has a negative range factor. Too much seems based on a generic view rather than where the player starts for the zones. There needs to be something better out there.