The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Moniak has the tools to be a good player hopefully he'll turn it around. I mean Tocci went from a young kids with tools to a good player in AA. It happens. 

Although with the recent success of them taking the best college hitter in the draft probably isn't a bad move. 

Yeah I'm not overly worried about him.

Looks like 3B is the only spot in the lineup where there's a major hole, assuming Crawford can fill in for Galvis. Would be nice if Pete would just let Alfaro be the starter.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Yeah I'm not overly worried about him.

Looks like 3B is the only spot in the lineup where there's a major hole, assuming Crawford can fill in for Galvis. Would be nice if Pete would just let Alfaro be the starter.

Any college 3b of any interest at the top of the draft next year? 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

he had some 20+ on base game streak this year. He just needs to stay healthy. 

Yeah and it's inevitable that he's moved to third. He's still only 20 and looks like he has a legit shot of making it to Reading at the start of next season.

On 8/13/2017 at 3:21 AM, ninjapirate said:
On 8/13/2017 at 2:29 AM, Danger said:

I'm hesitant to call him an "Ace". Maybe a #2

He;s been the best pitcher in all of baseball the past 8 weeks or so. 

I think the Ace label takes more than 8 weeks to acquire....but yes, he's on his way.

I was laughting when Karabell  went on the rant about the 2 guys.  I hope  Mickey can turn it around and yes he is young but how many more top picks are we going spend on an OF.

I think Nola is on his way to being an ACE, id consider him in the 4th tier. tier 1(elite) tier 2(near elite) 3(proven vets tier 4(young and coming up)

4 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

og9n76.jpg

Is he still a legit prospect? First round pick still in A ball a couple years later and not dominating? Seems questionable

He's 20 and it was two years ago. Being 20 in High-A is not questionable at all.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

He's 20 and it was two years ago. Being 20 in High-A is not questionable at all.

I really need to work on my patience with prospects sometimes. High Schoolers take at least 4 years to be relevant, College guys can move pretty damn quick through the system (See: Kingery)