The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

On 12/20/2017 at 10:43 AM, flyguy1609 said:

hoping the phils do a move to get another Starter soon. also starting to get the feeling its going be Zack Greinke out of the names that are getting thrown out there(archer. duffy. Cole etc)... also wouldn't mind if the phils signed Lynn in stead.

yeah sign one of the good starters to a 4 year deal. I really don't want to give up "an arm and a leg" as middleton describes the asking price for the trade guys right now. Part of having the resource of money is being able to keep your prospects.

Plus a lot of the guys available for trade i'm not really too keen on if the price is high. 

Edited by ninjapirate
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah sign one of the good starters to a 4 year deal. I really don't want to give up "an arm and a leg" as middleton describes the asking price for the trade guys right now. Part of having the resource of money is being able to keep your prospects.

Plus a lot of the guys available for trade i'm not really too keen on if the price is high. 

I'd love Archer or Duffy. Duffy would fill our desperate need for a LHP. Would only want Arrieta or Darvish on 3-yr deals or less. Really don't want Arrieta at all because he's a clown.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

I'd love Archer or Duffy. Duffy would fill our desperate need for a LHP. Would only want Arrieta or Darvish on 3-yr deals or less. Really don't want Arrieta at all because he's a clown.

If they want to win this year trading for a duffy and signing a Cobb would make some sense. 

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If they want to win this year trading for a duffy and signing a Cobb would make some sense. 

I'd like Cobb on a 4-yr deal. I still dream of Chris Archer and that filthy slider in that Phillies uniform, though. I'd like Duffy, but I'd love Archer. I get that feeling that if we get Archer or Duffy, we're gonna add an arm in free agency. At that point we may as well go for it..

Something to look at with Carlos Santana that hasn't been mentioned (rightfully so because it's so far down the road), is that his contract will be up right around when Jhailyn Ortiz will ideally be knocking on the door to the majors. It sets up nicely.

4 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

I'd like Cobb on a 4-yr deal. I still dream of Chris Archer and that filthy slider in that Phillies uniform, though. I'd like Duffy, but I'd love Archer. I get that feeling that if we get Archer or Duffy, we're gonna add an arm in free agency. At that point we may as well go for it..

Something to look at with Carlos Santana that hasn't been mentioned (rightfully so because it's so far down the road), is that his contract will be up right around when Jhailyn Ortiz will ideally be knocking on the door to the majors. It sets up nicely.

Probably also be up when rhys probably cant handle left anymore. Ortiz I actually trust in the outfield kid is really athletic. 

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Probably also be up when rhys probably cant handle left anymore. Ortiz I actually trust in the outfield kid is really athletic. 

Especially considering his size. Thought he would for sure be a 1B only guy but he's proven that to be incorrect.

I though of this trade we should at least offer.. Maikel Franco/ Tommy Joseph to the Cards for Alex Reyes.. my thinking is the cards are rumored to be in for every 3rd basemen and Franco wont cost as much as Donaldson/ Manny. With Tj going he can play 1st they can put Carpt back at 2nd where he wants to play and Reyes gives us a young cheap SP whos coming off TJS.

2 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I though of this trade we should at least offer.. Maikel Franco/ Tommy Joseph to the Cards for Alex Reyes.. my thinking is the cards are rumored to be in for every 3rd basemen and Franco wont cost as much as Donaldson/ Manny. With Tj going he can play 1st they can put Carpt back at 2nd where he wants to play and Reyes gives us a young cheap SP whos coming off TJS.

There is no chance the Cardinals ever make a deal with Klentak again if he offers that to them. I can not stress this enough. Joseph has no trade value. If he did, he'd have been moved at the deadline. Franco's value couldn't be any lower.