The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

15 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

signing guys to big deals after they finish arb is what got us into a hot mess to begin with him leaving and us getting draft picks while we replace from within is how you maintain success long term. 

I think he meant this year. 

23 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

I though of this trade we should at least offer.. Maikel Franco/ Tommy Joseph to the Cards for Alex Reyes.. my thinking is the cards are rumored to be in for every 3rd basemen and Franco wont cost as much as Donaldson/ Manny. With Tj going he can play 1st they can put Carpt back at 2nd where he wants to play and Reyes gives us a young cheap SP whos coming off TJS.

That may be the most offensively terrible trade proposal I've ever seen.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, mse326 said:

That may be the most offensively terrible trade proposal I've ever seen.

I know it was offensively horrible, my buddies and I were talking about it and they were saying how good of a deal it is and im just sitting back laughing cause I know it would take something else for the cards not to hang up right away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • with  fa's not signing yet maybe they'll drop the price and we sign a lance lynn/cobb(although I heard Cobb turned down 3 yr 42mil from the cubs)  type sp 3 yr 45 mil.. I think with mlb having the 2nd wild card we could contend for that this year.

also I still think were going to make a move and trade for Yelich. maybe Franco, Williams and Joseph or something. just got a feeling Yelich is going be a Phillie

16 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

So rosenthal said we are checking in on every high profile free agent right now. Market is kind of coming right to us this year. Could end signing a few of these top guys. 

I hope we do something, we need a SP or 2. I think we should move VV to the bp.  also I was thinking could Cesar play 3rd? I know the phils have been moving Kingery  all around the diamond last yr but he got a gold glove at 2nd.