The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

5 hours ago, Danger said:

1. Arrieta
2. Nola
3. Eickhoff
4. Velasquez 
5. Thompson? 

I think you also have to look at Leiter and possibly Ben Lively, but Jake Thompson would be my pick at this time.

Why Thompson? I'd bet a lot of money that it will be Pivetta. 

Just now, utley4568 said:

Why Thompson? I'd bet a lot of money that it will be Pivetta. 

Pivetta has been horrendous both in spring training and last year? 

You know more than I do, so if I'm missing something let me know. I just don't see at this point in time why we'd go with Pivetta.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

You know more than I do, so if I'm missing something let me know. I just don't see at this point in time why we'd go with Pivetta.

Pivetta's spin rate on his breaking ball and quality fastball gives me reason to believe he'll improve. That, and Jake Thompson is a complete lost cause.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

pivetta has a good fastball and breaking ball. Thompson doesnt have a good anything anymore. He's a failed prospect.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

1. Arrieta
2. Nola
3. Eickhoff
4. Velasquez 
5. Thompson? 

I think you also have to look at Leiter and possibly Ben Lively, but Jake Thompson would be my pick at this time.

Think #5 will be Pivetta and I think Nola will start Opening day if that technically makes him the #1.

Arietta will not age well but this is a relatively safe deal. 

3 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Think #5 will be Pivetta and I think Nola will start Opening day if that technically makes him the #1.

Arietta will not age well but this is a relatively safe deal. 

he gives us a wildcard chance this year and makes the phillies more attractive as an FA destination next year.

• Like 2

Tommy Joseph Waived and claimed by the Rangers. He was just the odd man out here, he was ok, but never really anything that could be a key piece moving forward he was blocking playing time for other players who can contribute more down the line.

On 3/19/2018 at 3:35 PM, Danger said:

Tommy Joseph Waived and claimed by the Rangers. He was just the odd man out here, he was ok, but never really anything that could be a key piece moving forward he was blocking playing time for other players who can contribute more down the line.

ya he sucked 

Kingery made the opening day roster and we signed him to an extension. Guaranteed 24 million for 6 years with some options extending it to 9 years.

I love everything about this. Have to imagine he's going to be playing everyday if he made the opening day roster. And they must really have a ton of faith in his long term ability if they extended him this quickly.

31 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Kingery made the opening day roster and we signed him to an extension. Guaranteed 24 million for 6 years with some options extending it to 9 years.

I love everything about this. Have to imagine he's going to be playing everyday if he made the opening day roster. And they must really have a ton of faith in his long term ability if they extended him this quickly.

Thats a lot of faith in a guy that only has played 2 months above AA in his career. 

Especially one we don't really have any spot to play at. 

Edited by ninjapirate

14 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Thats a lot of faith in a guy that only has played 2 months above AA in his career. 

Especially one we don't really have any spot to play at. 

Yeah it might be a risk.

Seems like a lot of people outside of the organization have been talking him up as well. Saw that someone compared him to Pedroia.

It’s odd having this very high profile prospects with such lofty comparisons.

Kingery - compared to Pedroia by a scout

Sixto Sanchez - compared to Pedro Martinez by many scouts 

Jhailyn Ortiz - compared to Miguel Cabrera the other day by a scot.

Obviously all of these are hyperbolic and best case scenario comps but I don’t remember prospects like Dom Brown or Franco getting such widespread praise and lofty comps like this 

Edited by RollEagles