New policy for the National Anthem

HDsportsfan

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:
1 hour ago, youngosu said:

Please do, and don't quote me again. Don't bog down a thread already prone to unneeded responses.  

I'll quote you anytime I want. You don't wanna be quoted you can choose not to post. I stand by my reply. If this started with Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers kneeling for the anthem for some cause the uproar would have been nearly non-existent regardless of what that cause was. Just because you don't like to hear the truth doesn't mean its not the truth. 

I am allowed to respond just as much as you. You are the one that brought up a question about what caused the uproar. I responded. Deal with it. 

9 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I think we can all agree to this, so why not just get rid of the national anthem and be rid of political BS before games since it's essentially being turned into forced nationalism which has no impact on the game and was only introduced to make money in the first place? Why exacerbate a clearly sensitive issue and continue to drive a wedge between fans/players/owners/the league like this? 

That doesn't make any sense though. So if the players had a problem with and protested something else to make a spectacle. Does that mean the NFL needs to get rid of that too so it doesn't cause a scene? I mean where does that end with the whiners who always have to complain about something?

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They want people thinking, "If I join the military, I can be like JJ Watt" or "If I join the military, JJ Watt will like me".

JJ Watt ain't been on a goddam football field in two years, ain't nobody thinking about no goddam JJ Watt...

It's all about Jadevion Clowney, bruh.

This will not resolve this issue, im offended personally, however the biggest issue is the dod is having a personnel crisis. And normally the dod fills it's ranks with poor whites and poor minorities, these protest hit them hard and directly and overall decreased the moral of soldiers who saw how the right to protest( which they fight for) was literally swept under the rug so can they could maintain there supply bodies to fill the military ranks.

This wasn't media created, it was a government funded disinformation campaign to protect the stock of young strong, bodies of all races and to keep them flowing in to the military.

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The kneeling ruined that. Owners want to get back to that where the NFL is the place where people go on a Sunday to spend the afternoon. If the "opinions" of the outside world were really that important to everyone. Then they wouldn't be watching the game. They would be watching the news, or out in the streets protesting. They don't want that crap on their TV screens or at the game where they come for recreation.

Yes, because humans can't manage to have more than one interest at a time......

It is possible to both enjoy watching football, care about police brutality, and support the rights of a player to protest. Those aren't mutually exclusive concepts. 

I mean really, lets be real this has nothing to do with ratings or fan outrage.

The NFL needs government subsidizing for their Stadiums and expansions along side other kickbacks that float through the leagues pockets. The DoD contract is how they grease the palms on both ends.

That's why this is happening and why this isn't going away and why this will continue to be an issue.

6 minutes ago, youngosu said:

Until Trump decided he needed a nice distraction this was a small story so yes it was the people against it that started the damn drama. 

Better not go any further there cause the thread will get locked. I suggest not mentioning specifics like names and such if you want the thread to stay open.

Also it was already a drama. Far before any major figures came along to throw gas on an already developing forest fire. It was only a matter of time.

But yea the idea that politics needed to be included in football discussion is exactly why this story in the first place. The "its a great idea for the voiceless". People care, they do. But for those 2 hours they don't want to. And they shouldn't be forced to watch it.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean really, lets be real this has nothing to do with ratings or fan outrage.

The NFL needs government subsidizing for their Stadiums and expansions along side other kickbacks that float through the leagues pockets. The DoD contract is how they grease the palms on both ends.

That's why this is happening and why this isn't going away and why this will continue to be an issue.

10 million dollars is pocket change for the league, there are much bigger funds at stake when we start talking about political revenge and legislation changes, biliions

3 minutes ago, youngosu said:

I stand by my reply. If this started with Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers kneeling for the anthem for some cause the uproar would have been nearly non-existent. Just because you don't like to hear the truth doesn't mean its not the truth.

The complexities of your take are just insurmountable. You should just become an adolescent on twitter, instead of sliding in their DMs. Your points are just as deep and well thought out, and the sad doubling down on opinions no one cares about to make yourself feel special/noble is a checked box too. Wish you luck.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Better not go any further there cause the thread will get locked. I suggest not mentioning specifics like names and such if you want the thread to stay open.

Also it was already a drama. Far before any major figures came along to throw gas on an already developing forest fire. It was only a matter of time.

But yea the idea that politics needed to be included in football discussion is exactly why this story in the first place. The "its a great idea for the voiceless". People care, they do. But for those 2 hours they don't want to. And they shouldn't be forced to watch it.

Thats fine. Bringing up Trump in the context I brought up was not political, it was simply a factual statement. Trump's twitter rant (political or not) is what created the uproar. 

The drama had died down prior to those tweets. 

And no one is "forced" to watch anything and its certainly not for 2 hours. 

Archived