Teh Mafiaz (jfin's Revenge) - WHICKER WINS!!

Just now, theuntouchable said:

The only thing I think I would change with this move is the ability to choose who it then goes to. They can pick to redirect someone’s move but then it is randomly placed on one of the other remaining players.

The whole point of it was to prevent unnecessary claims. And it served its purpose.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

The whole point of it was to prevent unnecessary claims. And it served its purpose.

You aren’t listening. It would not have mattered whether a person claimed or not. They could just as easily redirect that players move and then hit them. They didn’t need to know who a person was. 

Long post coming.  

Having the mid game replacement meant the reading I was doing before joining was more for the fun and to pass some time at my daughters swim practice and other activities.  Only so much CNN I can read and stay sane.  My initial reads as mafia were 

My cursory thoughts on remaining players.  Hope to get some time later tomorrow afternoon to go over some more things.

mafia leans:  bcb, untouchable, utley, slappymc

town/Claims:  Darth, LTBF (though still uncertain on the strength of those, but no reason to significantly go against)

neutral:  Ragnarok, tk3,  EliteTexan, Whicker

Pretty off.   After the first night I could invest someone, I went after bcb quite inactive and I thought he could be mafia laying low.  Came back as he did nothing and after that night it was 

7:3:1

Mafia has been able to sit and let the civs peck each other off. If they know wicker is the alien, they don't need to vote him day 2.

I think the mafia are between rags, ET, Utley and bcb.

Less bcb currently. 

Slappy is also in there as well as suspicious.

Early Saturday, I looked at the voting and noted the top vote getters in just about each day were all civs that had been lynched/hit.  So driving to my nephews graduation for 2+ hours, I had a good deal of time to formulate a few theories.   That is when I recalled that @Ragnarok  was in the final 3 with Mission and Whicker.  Why not hit both those 2 if you were mafia and had the ability....I know I would have just the fun of it.  Utley became the director as he was staying out of the fray and slappy was the godfather as he would be invisible to invests and could go through.  

In the end, it was a pretty certain longshot, but with the ratio as it was and with a 2 hit night coming up for mafia, it would be 5:3:1 if we did not get 1.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

You aren’t listening. It would not have mattered whether a person claimed or not. They could just as easily redirect that players move and then hit them. They didn’t need to know who a person was. 

But they don't know if their redirect works or not. Otherwise it's an invest too. Mafia would have to correctly guess the doctor and move his protection. It doesn't matter if they choose you and hit you if someone else is the doctor and protected you. You would still be protected.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

But they don't know if their redirect works or not. Otherwise it's an invest too. Mafia would have to correctly guess the doctor and move his protection. It doesn't matter if they choose you and hit you if someone else is the doctor and protected you. You would still be protected.

I’m not talking about the doctor protecting someone else. I’m telling you they wouldn’t have to know who the doctor is to make their hit work against the doctor. They wouldn’t have to correctly guess, they just put in to redirect the player they are hitting and they can guarantee that they at least take the doctor out. 

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

I’m not talking about the doctor protecting someone else. I’m telling you they wouldn’t have to know who the doctor is to make their hit work against the doctor. They wouldn’t have to correctly guess, they just put in to redirect the player they are hitting and they can guarantee that they at least take the doctor out. 

Mafia could hit any player they wanted whether the player was protected or not.  

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

And again, I’m not even saying that it wasn’t fair. From my perspective they could easily take me out without even knowing I was the doctor. I had someone claim my role and then another player come out to not lynch said player. Was me claiming necessary to get ltbf lynched? No but how it came off to me was tk3 saving ltbf so he could bus him later and I wanted to get the vote swayed before nightfall. 

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

lol I agree 100%

not sure if I've ever seen a 3 man mafia that was so invisible in the first 4 days

Part of it was RL being nuts, plus BDL and BB.  But yeah.  We did jack ****.

57 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

that whole thing was so frustrating

you two need to learn to share information and talk instead of being cryptic and then attacking when people don't know what you are talking about.

That was hi-*******-larious.

53 minutes ago, Whicker said:

ET chose for me to win? He can say he doesn't like me all he wants but actions speak louder than words :) 

Indy over town all day.

Also, we went after you and mission night one cause I wanted to.  Squire nailed the reason yall got hit N1.  It was a homage to yall.

50 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@bucsfan333. And everyone else thanks for taking me in as a replacement.   I know there were a few questions for me from @Ragnarok and @Tk3.  Might have need other.  

I will be on laptop in about 30 minutes to respond .

All good man.  You did great for hopping in so late.

46 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I can't believe mafia hit @Whicker N1 and figured out who he was. He was lynched and pardoned. Then he outright claimed and survived all the way to the end for the win. ???

We thought we had control of his ability.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

We thought we had control of his ability.

You did. But instead of moving him to someone you were gonna hit or roleblocking him every night, y'all moved him onto ET. Which was like his only successful probe the entire game.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:
54 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@bucsfan333. And everyone else thanks for taking me in as a replacement.   I know there were a few questions for me from @Ragnarok and @Tk3.  Might have need other.  

I will be on laptop in about 30 minutes to respond .

All good man.  You did great for hopping in so late.

When you reacted the way you did, I thought my theory was strengthened. 

As I noted in another post, I would have done the same as you did with the situation.  Nothing better than being able to say it was you that put the hit on your opponents in BB finals

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

You did. But instead of moving him to someone you were gonna hit or roleblocking him every night, y'all moved him onto ET. Which was like his only successful probe the entire game.

Mafia should have roleblocked/redirected WHicker back to himself....if that would even be legal/possible.  They could have kept him at 1 probe all game

Just now, squire12 said:

When you reacted the way you did, I thought my theory was strengthened. 

As I noted in another post, I would have done the same as you did with the situation.  Nothing better than being able to say it was you that put the hit on your opponents in BB finals

Eh, that reaction was standard for me regardless of alignment.

Really, the one thing i didnt do this game was make multiquote cases.

Archived