2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Curry is more valuable on that team, but I think Durant is the better player. Easily taking him over Steph if I'm building a team, especially if I factor in injury history. 

I'd still take Steph even if I'd probably agree Durant is better. Culture and the way he plays/opens things up for other players. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But but but he's just a role player!!!! Lol

I like my bit that KD is a role player on the Warriors more, tbh. Gonna be tougher for him to play well in Cleveland, role players usually struggle on the road

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I like my bit that KD is a role player on the Warriors more, tbh. Gonna be tougher for him to play well in Cleveland, role players usually struggle on the road

Too bad Durant isn't one of the big game Nuggets players fighting for their playoff lives on the road in the regular season finale......That team is clutch as hell when it counts the most! Always coming through and getting to the playoffs.

So they said Iggy may or may not have had a small fracture in his knee. What the hell does that mean? Either he had a fracture or not. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Too bad Durant isn't one of the big game Nuggets players fighting for their playoff lives on the road in the regular season finale......That team is clutch as hell when it counts the most! Always coming through and getting to the playoffs.

2017 Nuggets won 1 less game than the 2012 warriors that got to the second round. Just wait on it 

I think the warriors, while still being one of the best teams ever, is going to be beatable next season. 5 straight finals is hard to do for any one team. They looked mortal against Houston, and even Cleveland has had a chance to split the first 2 games on the road. I would still put them as the heavy favorites to win it all next year, but Houston, Boston and Lebron will all have a chance to knock them off. Depth and age will start to become an issue. Iggy will be  34 and Livingston will be 32. the rest of the bench has not been very good. I suspect they will pick up several vets at minimum deals in the off season, but probably most of them will be older too. The big 4 is still the big 4, but there are some weaknesses to exploit. If nothing else, it will make the NBA a little more exciting next season, even if we get a 4th Warriors win, at least it wont be a foregone conclusion like it has been the last 2 years. 

I am starting to think that Lebron will either stay in Cleveland and try and force a Kevin Love trade to bring in someone of value or he signs with the 76ers and they trade Simmons in a deal for Leonard or something like that. I dont see Simmons and Lebron fitting well together at all. A fultz/Simmons/Saric package would be enough to get anyone that is litterally untouchable. Who wouldnt want to see a line up that features Lebron/Leonard/Covington/Embiid. That is one of the most perfect answers to the golden state warriors you will find. 

Chauncey Billups said LeBron was tired in game 2.  After game 2, LeBron said he got tired once.  There was 5 rest days he had.  I don't understand why this keeps being brought up.  I've never seen any other superstar keep getting the 'tired' treatment.  I've never seen Kobe, Jordan, Iverson, etc constantly be questioned about being tired.  

It's a joke.  Excuses, excuses, excuses.  Never run out for the King.

Well, the tired part is due to not getting any rests and having to create every single bucket for the team. Lue would rather LeBron play all 48 minutes, but he can find a breather here and there for him. When you have to isolate or run a high pick and roll every single possession, you will start to tire out. He mentioned it during last year's finals and during the Rockets series when Harden/CP3 kept isolating every single trip down. 

But I didn't notice him getting all that tired in the first half when Chauncey mentioned it. I saw him leaning forward and grabbing his shorts at one point in the 3rd quarter, but think he was fine in the first half. 

Archived