2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

28 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Interesting article with stats to add to the LeBron making teammates better discussion:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23684417/kevin-pelton-weekly-mailbag-does-lebron-james-make-teammates-better

This is one of the dumbest things NBA followers say, that a player makes other players better. It is obvious no one makes any other player better (well unless you are also their trainer). You just have a different role on a different team. And maybe that role fits your attributes better than another one or your old role doesn't help with winning but a different one will. 

26 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

This is one of the dumbest things NBA followers say, that a player makes other players better. It is obvious no one makes any other player better (well unless you are also their trainer). You just have a different role on a different team. And maybe that role fits your attributes better than another one or your old role doesn't help with winning but a different one will. 

Still doesn’t stop that narrative from being spread around by countless of “analysts”.

5 hours ago, JMG5 said:

No. He's certainly the best shooter of all-time though. The man hits some impossible shots.

What’s the argument for this one? He’s had the greatest impact on the game like no other we’ve seen.

And has become a very well rounded player.

4 hours ago, John232 said:

Steph has 4 FT's in 4 games. lol . 

Not surprised there not overly aggressive with him when he is shooting to avoid the 3freethrows or the 4pt play and a lot of time when he has been attacking the rim he has either gotten easy paths to the rim where no one is contesting him. Curry really hasn’t tried to get contact. I think last night when he tried to draw the contract but airballed his shot was the first time he really tried to catch a defender like that. 

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The problem with cross-generational ranking by position is that this era, more so than any other thus far, really smashed the positional molds. Curry is such a fundamentally different player than a Magic, Stocton or Kidd that it feels a little odd comparing them directly just because they were each listed as "point guards". I would essentially agree though, like if you're making an all time greatest basketball player list, Curry is going to be ahead of Stockton and Zeke no question. Obviously has the stats and accolades, but also no individual has had a bigger impact on the game of basketball in the last 10 years than Curry. 

Gary Payton always gets underrated in PG convos. He really should be up there with Zeke, imo. Really good offensively, though not quite at his level, but otherworldly defense.

The Cavs had their chance to make it a series and steal home court in Game 1. They blew it. Even with the obvious foul no call on LeBron, the very borderline charge turned block on LeBron with KD, and lane violation no call on DrayDoosh with Hill's free throw, if Hill makes his free throw or if JR doesn't make the most egregious playoff mistake I've ever seen in the history of the NBA (I can't say basketball, because...Chris Webber), then the Cavs either go up 1 with under 5 seconds to play or JR passes out to a wide open LeBron for a game winning shot opportunity. I like their odds there.

That said, the officiating in the final minute of Game 1 was unforgivable and definitely contributed to them losing. 

The Cavs have zero gripe in Game 2. Yes, the officiating was a joke. No, it didn't contribute to their loss.

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Well, some like Nash/Kidd certainly make others better compared to most. You have to be a ball mover to makes others better. Guys like LeBron/CP3 don't necessarily improve the stats of every player on the team, but they make the TEAM better. 

But yeah, that's always the biggest myth out there. I've been fighting this for years, but it won't ever stop from being said. 

7 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I SAID THIS NOT JRRY. 

i think i'm getting pushed to portland,. see ya there. 

Austin is truthfully getting overflowed with people but we would still accept you down here. no one else tho 

Archived