2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

And you don’t think that at the very least deters him from going to the line? If you fear you will miss, then why would he put himself in that position?

I don't think that applies to yesterday. His late game at times could be determined how he is performing the rest of the game, but he was taking it to the rack plenty. But on that last play, Green/Durant were waiting for LeBron at the FT line. Seriously, where the hell was he supposed to drive?

1_zps5ockspmd.png

His only option there was a one dribble contested pull up or that pass to Hill after he cut. Lets not make more of it than what it was. This time it wasn't him not wanting to go to the FT line or scared of missing, he just wasn't going to be able to get to the rack with Durant/Green waiting for him. 

After watching the play, I take back what I said about Klay. Dude saved the game with that foul. If he doesn't foul him, then Hill has a open reverse lay up for the lead. Looney didn't give any help as he didn't want to leave Love. 

2_zpslmi2pbf7.png

Klay first team All NBA with clutch fouls. 

14 hours ago, mission27 said:

The common theme here is that Durant and Irving are both cowards.

lol

Irving left a team that just made it to the finals for a young team that had gotten embarrassed in the playoffs the year before. 

Lebron leaving the Cavs in disarray (again) however to form another super team....what a warrior!

Okay so, people have to understand this.  The majority of players who are all-time greats are judge in large part on the amount of rings they have.  And a lot of times, context is not taken into account.  If the Cavs lose this series, LeBron will be 3-6 in the Finals.  Of all 6 losses, I think his team was only favored in two orof those series (Heat in 2011 and maybe Heat in 2014).  But that doesn't matter because everyone just says LeBron is 3-6.

So because players are judged so harshly on the amount of rings they have without any context, why then is Kevin Durant a coward for joining the best team in the league?  He wants to win rings and he literally put himself in the best position to do so.  Why would LeBron be a coward for leaving this Cavs team?

52 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

And you don’t think that at the very least deters him from going to the line? If you fear you will miss, then why would he put himself in that position?

If he is so afraid of FTs, wouldn’t he be afraid of the other clutch shots he has made or game winner? You’re either afraid of clutch moments or you’re not.   I don’t think he is afraid to take free throws. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Okay so, people have to understand this.  The majority of players who are all-time greats are judge in large part on the amount of rings they have.  And a lot of times, context is not taken into account.  If the Cavs lose this series, LeBron will be 3-6 in the Finals.  Of all 6 losses, I think his team was only favored in two orof those series (Heat in 2011 and maybe Heat in 2014).  But that doesn't matter because everyone just says LeBron is 3-6.

So because players are judged so harshly on the amount of rings they have without any context, why then is Kevin Durant a coward for joining the best team in the league?  He wants to win rings and he literally put himself in the best position to do so.  Why would LeBron be a coward for leaving this Cavs team?

Spurs were favored in 2014.  Mavs in 2011 was the only time his team lost as the favorite.

His team has won as the underdog twice.

39 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

lol

Irving left a team that just made it to the finals for a young team that had gotten embarrassed in the playoffs the year before. 

Lebron leaving the Cavs in disarray (again) however to form another super team....what a warrior!

Yeah, I think Kyrie is an idiot but coward is the last word I'd use to describe him.

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's exactly what I said. People didn't like that. LeBron forces his teammates to play LeBron basketball, even when that doesn't maximize their abilities. That's different from a guy like Steph who allows his teammates to do whatever is best for their game. Now, Steph can't carry a team like LeBron, but the point is that the Cavs' supporting cast seems bad because the system doesn't maximize their skill-sets. No-name guys come off the bench with Golden State, Boston, San Antonio, Houston, etc. and look good. Meanwhile, guys who started for other teams end up looking bad in Cleveland. That should speak volumes.

If Hill makes the FT, the Warriors have 4.7 seconds from half-court to get a shot off to win the game.

This is one of the biggest false narratives thrown around by Lebron haters. The only two players who seemed to have got worse playing with Lebron was Chris Bosh and Kevin Love, and thats because they went from being the #1 option on offense to being the 3rd option so of course their numbers will dip significantly. Actual role players tend to thrive playing with Lebron. Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier, Kyle Korver, Tristan Thompson ect... all looked good playing alongside Lebron. Kyrie went to Boston to be the #1 option and his numbers were virtually the same from from this year to last.

It's funny, because I was arguing in like 2009 or 2010 about the myth of it being easier to play with LeBron than Kobe. LeBron does have the ball in his hands quite a bit so it forces you to adjust your game a bit. The ones that make players around them better are natural ball movers. LeBron isn't going to elevate the game of another star player, but will make one dimensional role players better.

Saying that, Love gets plenty of touches as the 2nd option. He's just no longer the post player he once was so he's not as effective on the block. But yeah, if you can score effectively on your own like Wade/Irving, then your game isn't going to be hurt by playing next to LeBron. 

Those that are effective off the ball will always be easier to play alongside with. Durant is probably the only superstar that could play with damn near anyone regardless of the position they play. I don't know how Curry would be playing alongside Harden or Westbrook, but it wouldn't really hurt Durant all that much. 

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Bull. That’s why his shots on the line tend to be of the highest difficulty. Do I think it may deter him even more? Sure. But you’re naive if you don’t think his lack of confidence in his FT don’t play a part?

Nope. I see a player who makes the right reads. Whether it's passing it to an open cutter, passing it out of the double team, or taking the shot himself, he makes the right reads.

1 hour ago, BrownsDog23 said:

This is one of the biggest false narratives thrown around by Lebron haters. The only two players who seemed to have got worse playing with Lebron was Chris Bosh and Kevin Love, and thats because they went from being the #1 option on offense to being the 3rd option so of course their numbers will dip significantly. Actual role players tend to thrive playing with Lebron. Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier, Kyle Korver, Tristan Thompson ect... all looked good playing alongside Lebron. Kyrie went to Boston to be the #1 option and his numbers were virtually the same from from this year to last.

And yet his actual role players this year are constantly criticized as being terrible. Many were starters elsewhere. It's quite inaccurate to say that only two players have seemed to have gotten worse while playing with LeBron.

I think LeBron deserves to be criticized for passing the ball to George Hill.  LeBron is super hot and has Steph Curry defending him.  Why pass it to George Hill?  Hill isn't that good of a player.  LeBron should have taken the shot.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think LeBron deserves to be criticized for passing the ball to George Hill.  LeBron is super hot and has Steph Curry defending him.  Why pass it to George Hill?  Hill isn't that good of a player.  LeBron should have taken the shot.

Watch the screen shot I put up. He was going to have to take contested shot and wasn't going to be able to get to the cup. 

And Hill was on his way to having a great look to take the lead had Klay not held him. 

Bron used to predetermine a pass at one point in his career, but there should be no complaints about him passing it to Hill there. 

Archived