2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

And no, you are inconsistent. Measure them both by the same metric instead of cherry picking. You want to use Hood's ts% and efg% numbers to prove he was better in Utah than he is in Cleveland, but when I use the same ts% and efg% numbers to prove Love is better now than he was in Minnesota you conveniently cherry pick over to his per minute averages. You can't have it both ways. The only one being called out for lying is you, my friend. Be consistent if you don't want to get called on it.

I don't need to be consistent in pointing out your dishonesty. You claimed Hood was equally as efficient. He was not. You claimed Love's numbers weren't down when we accounted for him playing less minutes. They were. The fact that you still can't figure out that I wasn't making an argument there but was instead pointing out the gaping holes in yours is baffling. Not my fault that your distortions weren't consistent. Don't get caught spewing BS next time.

Love and Hood's potential isn't being maximized in Cleveland (this is an argument). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Bush's potential wasn't maximized in Miami either. LeBron forced guys like Bosh and Love away from what they do best. Those guys accept it to win, but let's not pretend Love is best used as a perimeter shooter.

17 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The Iggy love is incredible on the forum, absolutely incredible. If him missing makes this a series, then the warriors are trash. with or without him this should go 5 max. 

I don’t think Iggy matters as much, if at all, in this series as he did vs Houston. Honestly. Houston he absolutely mattered, I think think they would’ve won in 5 or at worst 6 if he played. Against Cleveland, the talent gap is so significant that it shouldn’t matter.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I don't need to be consistent in pointing out your dishonesty. You claimed Hood was equally as efficient. He was not. You claimed Love's numbers weren't down when we accounted for him playing less minutes. They were. The fact that you still can't figure out that I wasn't making an argument there but was instead pointing out the gaping holes in yours is baffling. Not my fault that your distortions weren't consistent. Don't get caught spewing BS next time.

Love and Hood's potential isn't being maximized in Cleveland (this is an argument). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Bush's potential wasn't maximized in Miami either. LeBron forced guys like Bosh and Love away from what they do best. Those guys accept it to win, but let's not pretend Love is best used as a perimeter shooter.

Love is absolutely best used as a perimeter shooter and anyone who’s watched him more than a hand full of times try and score in the post the last few years would know that. 

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Love is absolutely best used as a perimeter shooter and anyone who’s watched him more than a hand full of times try and score in the post the last few years would know that. 

His post up game is pretty trash now to be honest. Could punish guys like Miles, but anyone that provides some resistance? Good luck with that. I believe he was in the 45 percentile in post ups this season which is a big drop off from what he was in Minny. He could get some elbow touches and operate from there, but this season was pretty much as efficient as he has ever been. Deadly outside shooter and killed it in the pick and pop game with LeBron. Again though, against defenders who could recover to him off the screen, he has a lot of trouble scoring on. Young/Horford/Green all can do that and we saw or will see the results. Not a bad player at all, but Cleveland isn't holding him back as much as some think. Sure his stats could improve without LeBron getting more touches and having the offense ran through him, but that's not going to lead to many wins. If he puts back some weight which is questionable, then he would get eaten alive even more on defense. If he stays the same, then his body will break down trying to bang in the post 10+ times a game. Dude gets guys like Jonas or Ibaka on him, and then he will eat. 

His percentage at the rim is pretty awful for a player of his caliber. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So the Love from Minnesota never existed? Or are you going to ignore Love changing his body and game to fit a role that doesn't maximize his skill-set?(the point I've repeatedly made in this thread)

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

So the Love from Minnesota never existed? Or are you going to ignore Love changing his body and game to fit a role that doesn't maximize his skill-set?(the point I've repeatedly made in this thread)

That was 4 years ago and 4 knee/back/shoulder injuries ago. He’s not the same player. 

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I don't need to be consistent

Clearly, which is why your arguments are bad.

You claimed Hood was equally as efficient.

And you claimed he is, "quite a bit less efficient" and his ts and efg are both, "way down" which I already disproved as a lie. Who is really spewing BS here? The hypocrite in you is astonishing. His ORtg and DRtg are both up, his ts and efg are virtually the same, and he actually shoots a higher fg% per 36. Same player.

You claimed Love's numbers weren't down when we accounted for him playing less minutes.

Again, same player. He is more efficient with a lower usage rate, but I already explained this. You would understand if you didn't cherry pick again.

but let's not pretend Love is best used as a perimeter shooter.

He is, and he's never been better at it. This just proves you don't know basketball.

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He is, and he's never been better at it. This just proves you don't know basketball.

Feel free to tell us all again how Trevor "0 for 12" Ariza is one of the greatest role players of all time lol.

Archived