Walking Dead Season 10 (TV Talk Only) - Spoiler Mines

Manny/Patrick

3 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Enjoyed the finale.  A few plot holes, but overall they wrapped it up well. 

Overall, it was enjoyable. I thought the first half or so was paced fairly well. But that last half or so was rushed. I heard it was suppose to be 2 hours long, but the final time was only an hour. Was there really that many commercials?! Some things really bugged me. Specifically:

Spoiler

I hated the Rosita fake out. It was BAD. Killing her off there would have been so much better. But then it turns out she actually got bit. She landed on her back (on clearly visible padding) and after getting up her coat/shirt/back weren't torn up or bloodied. So I guess the dead magically can chew someone's back without actually penetrating clothing. I'll excuse the actual jumping/climbing onto a pipe for pure adrenaline; but still.

Lydia seemed absolutely fine for just having her arm bitten and then cut off. Nothing else to say.

The Rick and Michonne stuff at the end just felt so out of place to me. I don't know if it was supposed to make me excited for their show, but it just didn't do it for me. Would have made more sense for Daryl or someone to find the bottle that Rick threw with the note. Have Daryl read it and then leave to find them. Then show that Rick side story.

I'm still wondering how Danai got her Dora Milaje outfit onto Michonne and why she was reenacting Battle of the Bastards with the dead. But that whole Rick/Michonne ending was just a complete miss with me. With the way it was executed they should have left that out entirely and just put out a trailer with FTWD's new season.

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Overall, it was enjoyable. I thought the first half or so was paced fairly well. But that last half or so was rushed. I heard it was suppose to be 2 hours long, but the final time was only an hour. Was there really that many commercials?! Some things really bugged me. Specifically:

Hide contents

I hated the Rosita fake out. It was BAD. Killing her off there would have been so much better. But then it turns out she actually got bit. She landed on her back (on clearly visible padding) and after getting up her coat/shirt/back weren't torn up or bloodied. So I guess the dead magically can chew someone's back without actually penetrating clothing. I'll excuse the actual jumping/climbing onto a pipe for pure adrenaline; but still.

Lydia seemed absolutely fine for just having her arm bitten and then cut off. Nothing else to say.

The Rick and Michonne stuff at the end just felt so out of place to me. I don't know if it was supposed to make me excited for their show, but it just didn't do it for me. Would have made more sense for Daryl or someone to find the bottle that Rick threw with the note. Have Daryl read it and then leave to find them. Then show that Rick side story.

I'm still wondering how Danai got her Dora Milaje outfit onto Michonne and why she was reenacting Battle of the Bastards with the dead. But that whole Rick/Michonne ending was just a complete miss with me. With the way it was executed they should have left that out entirely and just put out a trailer with FTWD's new season.

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

Spoiler

I do like the fact that they showed Rick on the "outs" with CRM.  In a way, that lake and the muddy walker infested shoreline was possibly a metaphor for Train Car "A".  That, along with his wry smile.......is it to be a call back to this?  https://youtu.be/JrpApuCLOno

Overall it was a good episode and a good ending to this show. Like others eluded to, some plot holes and the Rosita thing was really dumb but it's OK.

This show definitely had it's ups and downs. The first few seasons were some of the best TV you could ask for but when Gimple took over and they got to the Savior arc, it really went downhill and fast. He has the tendency to do that to this show (see Fear the Walking Dead S4 and beyond). Kang brought it back to a respectable state w/ the Whisperer arc which was fantastically done. The Commonwealth wasn't the best but it wasn't bad and nearly as close to as bad as when Gimple took over.

All in all, this was an enjoyable show for a damn long time and they set up the future stories really well. I'll watch them although I'm not expecting S1 - S2 type stuff but I'm sure it'll be decent as long as Gimple is nowhere ******* near it.

Spoiler

Was glad to see they brought back Rick and Michonne for the finale. I felt like their presence, no matter how small, was undoubtedly needed and it was a nice cap to the episode

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

At least wont be meandering like the later season were

That was the worst part

Nah the worst part was present even in the beginning. Fake stakes for untouchable main characters. I’ll never not think of Daryl falling unconscious down a ravine and coming to with a zombie chewing on his boot. That encapsulates the show’s writing for me. It could’ve and should’ve been so much better