Walking Dead Season 10 (TV Talk Only) - Spoiler Mines

Manny/Patrick

Episode 3, non-spoilers:

I won't discuss what happens, but the lighting throughout the opening scene of episode 3 was pretty horrible. It was like Blair Witch with someone holding a camcorder with a bright light on the front of it. Terrible for what should be professional quality. I couldn't get over it.

Probably my favorite episode of the season so far, which isn't saying a whole lot.

Edited by kingseanjohn

11 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

They honestly just need to stop using guns at this point. I like how even McDermitt called the train tactics out on The Talking Dead lol. I didn't think is was too terrible though. Good suspense and I like what they're doing w/ The Commonwealth thus far. Don't disagree it's run it's course though. Just glad Kang brought it back enough to give a solid Whisperer arc b/c they ruined The Saviors.

I'm also amazed at how they have working flashlights and batteries this long after the collapse of civilization. That and everyone can see in the dark; ie Daryl in the underground subway with zero light sources and someone else in a specific scene in episode 3.

I'm definitely more interested in the Commonwealth. I'm wondering if that's who took Rick in. I imagine that the Commonwealth is the endgame for the series. Note, I've never read the comics and I never will. I also want to avoid any spoilers so if you know, please don't tell me.

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm also amazed at how they have working flashlights and batteries this long after the collapse of civilization. That and everyone can see in the dark; ie Daryl in the underground subway with zero light sources and someone else in a specific scene in episode 3.

I'm definitely more interested in the Commonwealth. I'm wondering if that's who took Rick in. I imagine that the Commonwealth is the endgame for the series. Note, I've never read the comics and I never will. I also want to avoid any spoilers so if you know, please don't tell me.

Yeah, I'll refrain from spoilers b/c after the Savior arc was ruined, I opted to read the comics which I said I wouldn't do until the show was over lol. I thought I was legit gonna stop watching it like I did w/ Fear b/c it was so bad. 

I'm not much of a comic reader but you can find them online and skim through them rather quickly. I really enjoyed it FWIW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 9:59 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Recently, we've gotten one scary episode every once in a while.  This was it for the first part of the final season.  Rather creepy.

I meant to come in here and make the same remark. This **** has become a straight up slasher movie and I'm digging it. The feral people were weird but whatever. It was very entertaining. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

After failing to really deliver on yet more storylines.....tonight was a reminder of what WD *used* to be like.   

Sadly, too much in-between fluff/filler & inconsistencies after so much promise post-Rick departure.    But tonight, a callback ep to what made it great.

At this stage, it's just loyalty that has me hanging on (and the perverse need to just see it through).    But at least for 1 night, I can remember what it was like to enjoy actual entertaining/not rehash & recycled tropes for the WD.

Still, I'll be happy when this show finally ends.   At least it has some hope it might go out with a modicum of dignity for what it once was.  But I won't get my hopes up lol.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 11:59 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I really enjoyed last night's episode. Very good. Basically anything w/ Negan is great and I cannot wait until the spinoff w/ him and Maggie coming out next year.

I just wish they wouldn't announce the spinoffs until after the series ends. We know nothing will happen to Carol, Daryl, Neegan, and Maggie because of this. Why remove that suspense from a series finale season?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I just wish they wouldn't announce the spinoffs until after the series ends. We know nothing will happen to Carol, Daryl, Neegan, and Maggie because of this. Why remove that suspense from a series finale season?

Completely agreed. They totally dropped the ball on this. JDM said the same thing. I did, however, forget about the Daryl and Carol one though lol

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finale is this Sunday. I started watching live for season 3. Had binged season 1 and 2 in about two weeks during college and was hooked. 

Excited and sad it’s coming to an end. It has had its ups and downs but for over a decade the fall has always been about football and TWD for me. 

Excited for some of these spin-offs and curious to see how they do it.