What blunder in NFL history matches what JR Smith did in the NBA Finals?

TecmoSuperJoe

13 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yes, similar to this. Just imagine it’s a championship game and the end of the 4th. 

washknee.0.gif

Well Washington was winning so in this situation so I'd hope he kneels.

That being said, given the real situation, this play already made Kirk Cousins the perfect Vikings QB.

16 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Well Washington was winning so in this situation so I'd hope he kneels.

That being said, given the real situation, this play already made Kirk Cousins the perfect Vikings QB.

Kneel in the redzone during the first half?  That's a bold strategy.

31 minutes ago, winitall said:

Kneel in the redzone during the first half?  That's a bold strategy.

27 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

He said championship 4th quarter. In that situation Kirk would be doing the right thing.

I didn’t watch that game - was he trying to spike it? Because that would make sense. Kneeling? Not so much...

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

what does that mean, that Viking QB's forget situational details? that makes no sense. are there other instances you can point to among them?

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I didn’t watch that game - was he trying to spike it? Because that would make sense. Kneeling? Not so much...

He was told to spike it, but he kneeled instead.  Kirk gets a bit scatter-brained in high pressure situations. 

Jim Marshall's wrong way fumble recovery safety based off of the comedy factor.

Leon Lett based off of the fact that it happened in the Super Bowl, while not factoring into the outcome at all.

Leon Lett landing on a blocked kick in the snow, fumbling it, and giving possession back to Miami who then re-kicked the game winning field goal.

Seattle's INT against New England.

Rahim Moore in Denver.

Steffon Diggs this year.

Atlanta 28-3.

The Rahim Moore goof is a good one. He clearly should have been aware of the game situation at that point. I'd compare that to forgetting the score. Moore wasn't even in a common sense position to make a play on the ball. Regardless if the pass was completed. 

Archived