The 2018 MLB Draft Thread

ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Dear 8 pound, 6 inch baby jesus, tiny and don't know a word yet but still omnipotent, please let the Angels take Brady Singer.

It's probably going to happen, even though he's carbon copy of a number of guys already in our system that I really don't like to ever even make it to the show.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Real good pick. Dude's a toolshed.

Adams?  Yeah.  Assuming he signs (which I'm guessing they wouldn't be picking him here if they didn't think he will).  He's committed to UNC where his dad is a position coach on the FB team.

Just now, The LBC said:

Adams?  Yeah.  Assuming he signs (which I'm guessing they wouldn't be picking him here if they didn't think he will).  He's committed to UNC where his dad is a position coach on the FB team.

Everyone taken today has a verbal agreement to sign. He's gonna sign unless he flunks a physical.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Real good pick. Dude's a toolshed.

Honestly I think he ends up trade bait. His value comes from running and defense and as long as Trout is there (which I expect him to be for his career) he isn't playing center and his bat doesn't profile to corner. I guess they could move trout to a corner like when they had Bourjous but I don't think they want to do that.

Still obviously a lot can change as he's a high schooler who is all tools so we are looking 5 years at least before he's MLB ready.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Honestly I think he ends up trade bait. His value comes from running and defense and as long as Trout is there (which I expect him to be for his career) he isn't playing center and his bat doesn't profile to corner. I guess they could move trout to a corner like when they had Bourjous but I don't think they want to do that.

Still obviously a lot can change as he's a high schooler who is all tools so we are looking 5 years at least before he's MLB ready.

Same.  And it's not a terrible strategy (we took another athletic OF last year with Adell).  The tools can tend to give them more "perceived" value as trade-bait.  One of Adams or Adell likely gets traded before ever reaching Cucamonga.  

Archived