The 2018 MLB Draft Thread

ramssuperbowl99

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No sincerely Naylor is really good and its worth gambling on Hankins.

Yeah my humor sucks on the interwebs lol. 

I assume the gambling part is injuries?  Hopefully with the Cleveland Clinic here we can straighten him up. He looks to have nice movement on his fastball. 

Lord knows we could use some more pitching :D

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah my humor sucks on the interwebs lol. 

I assume the gambling part is injuries?  Hopefully with the Cleveland Clinic here we can straighten him up. He looks to have nice movement on his fastball. 

Lord knows we could use some more pitching :D

Yeah the broadcast sucks so they didn't mention it at all, but he had should problems as a senior. At one point, his velocity backed up all the way to the mid 80s, but then reportedly was back in the 90's at the end of the year.

Is he healthy, and how so? What happened with his velocity, and will it happen again?

A 100% healthy Hankins goes top 5, so it's a gamble.

34 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Cleveland Indians absolutely NAILED their 1st round.

I'm gonna assume they know or strongly believe they can sign Hankins to take him here.

Not knowing a thing about the draft this year, how come?

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah the broadcast sucks so they didn't mention it at all, but he had should problems as a senior. At one point, his velocity backed up all the way to the mid 80s, but then reportedly was back in the 90's at the end of the year.

Is he healthy, and how so? What happened with his velocity, and will it happen again?

A 100% healthy Hankins goes top 5, so it's a gamble.

Gotcha thanks!

25 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Can anyone familiar tell me a bit about Jordan Groshans ? I read he's a 3B from Texas but Jays are saying he's a SS ? Most mocks had him towards end of 1st not at 12 ?

What's his tool set like ?

i wanted him to fall to the astros pick.  very good hitter.  will end up having plus power.  played SS in HS but he will most definitely be a 3B. 

I'm pleased with the Twins draft thus far. I like them adding some players with some power to the minor league system. They have some toolsy players in the minors right now, so adding some power will be nice for the future.

Archived