The Siege of Gotham Mafia - Mafia Wins!!!

Just now, MathMan said:

i think they might have thought i was the protector. and then when i claimed my bp vest role, they lost interest because i didnt have moves left

Still you've have had a lot of sway with the votes, and nominally a good sense of the game. Taking you out makes more sense than taking gopher at that point.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Rag was on there?

Yes.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

I didn’t include ragnarok because I simply won’t accept Batman as a cover role for a bad guy

Oh I agree, but at this point, I want to be 100% accurate with what we state.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Six nights, four successful kills for mafia

1. Targeted dome, got zorched, kill failed
  2. Targeted bucs, kill succeeded
  3. <more on that in a moment>
  4. Targeted gopher (known governor), kill succeeded
  5. Targeted squire12 (protector, when known?), kill succeeded
  6. Targeted OleXmad (forensics investigator, known), kill succeeded

Targeting squire as the protector obviously makes sense as the mafia wants to make sure their hits are good. Targeting OleXmad makes sense because he was the last one who could get a read on a player's status.

On the face of it, targeting the governor on N4 looks a bit odd. However, it might make some sense if there's only one mafioso remaining: almost every pardon attempt would benefit town, not him.

It's night three that is the problem.

Assume for a second that Malf is mafia. Why forgo the night hit? Is it because he missed the timeline (dubious since he was involved regularly)? Is it because the mafia needed to declare who was making the hit, and Darth was the one who tried but was killed before it happened? Or Malf just wanted to send us on a merry chase?

Taking out the governor, protector, and investigator in that order could work, but night three is a big question.

Assume for a second that Mookie is mafia. Then night 3 becomes simple: he hit Malf and the hit failed due to the bullet proof vest. But that's a one time protection, right? Why not hit Malf again the next night since he was one of the town leads. Why change the target?

I don’t remember how early it was but I’m positive malf knew squires role fairly early in the game. I want to say shortly after mookie threw out that info

Is there any scenario where the census is wrong? Could the remaining mafia have a power to confuse a player's power ahead of schedule?

We've locked into this 2 of 9 statement by MD4L, but what if it is wrong?

On 6/15/2018 at 8:21 PM, MD4L said:

On 6/15/2018 at 11:27 AM, MD4L said:

9 Whicker - dome, mission, Rags, Xmad, Mookie, Darth, MD4L, bucs, MalFin

Two of these people aren't town

Here is a really terrible thought... what if Batman is an other...

That would mean Both Mookie and Alfred are civs and we have been chasing a list that is flawed.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

I don’t remember how early it was but I’m positive malf knew squires role fairly early in the game. I want to say shortly after mookie threw out that info

correct.

i even made posts about protectors, and squire later "liked" the post.

once squire said that he visited rags because he thought he might be batman, i knew.

i would have hit squire night 2, or roleblocked squire to hit batman(rags obvious softclaim)

Just now, Woz said:

Is there any scenario where the census is wrong? Could the remaining mafia have a power to confuse a player's power ahead of schedule?

I could see it to where there could possibly be more  than the listed number in thst group but IMO if there was less than the listed group it’s a broken move. 

1 minute ago, Woz said:

i doubt it. i have been onto mookie for awhile now but very few were interested.

hes mafia

So here’s my two cents. The start to this day and this day alone make me 90% sure that Alfred is mafia.

He had posts cued up to implicate Mookie, he called the move of hitting OleXmad ballsy (which it was and also fits Alfred), and most importantly to me, Mookie was investigated and came back civ. I do not believe The Godfather is going to be able to visit people as well.

When @Ragnarok gets here, I am going to listen for a little bit and then I am going to vote Jfin, cause I have too much damn respect for Alfred to vote him.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

So here’s my two cents. The start to this day and this day alone make me 90% sure that Alfred is mafia.

He had posts cued up to implicate Mookie, he called the move of hitting OleXmad ballsy (which it was and also fits Alfred), and most importantly to me, Mookie was investigated and came back civ. I do not believe The Godfather is going to be able to visit people as well.

When @Ragnarok gets here, I am going to listen for a little bit and then I am going to vote Jfin, cause I have too much damn respect for Alfred to vote him.

look me in the face when you kill me at least

Archived