2018 Draft Eligible OL Thread (OT, OG, C)

CalhounLambeau

16 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I've always viewed him as a Guard with the ability to play Center

Really?  I guess depends on where you think the more important spot is, since he seems like a guy who could play both...But what made you think he's more G than C?

On 10/23/2017 at 1:17 PM, WPS said:

Guess not. Out for the rest of the season with a leg injury. Sucks.

Really sucks.  Hate to see injuries like a high ankle sprain, especially for linemen...and especially when accompanied by the phrase "needs a procedure".  Still think he's put plenty on tape to be a solid Day 2 pick though.  Assuming the recovery goes well and he checks out in the pre-draft medicals and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I'm just starting to dig into the 2018 class, so far I've seen that Connor Williams and Trey Adams are both hurt and Adams said he would return to school. Any word/rumor on Williams? Ragnow went out for the season but everything I've read about the guy leads me to believe he's a late day 1 early day 2 guy if healthy in time for off season workouts. 

I've seen conflicting reports on McGlichey as some still believe he's got top 5 talent and others (most TBH) believe he's a mid first rounder. Any updates from someone who knows how he's looked recently?

On the interior I've seen Quinton Nelson, Billy Price, Braden Smith, Mason Cole, Brian Allen, Will Clapp and Will Hernandez all mentioned on the interior, the censuses is that Nelson could legit got top 10 while the others on this list all have great potential.   

I've seen some other tackles mentioned Chukwuma Okorafor and Mitch Hyatt specifically, what rounds are these guys grading out to at this point in the season? I know it's early and there's still a lot to be determined (Senior Bowl, Combine, et. al) but most of what I'm seeing about guys ranking is from preseason through early September. 

I guess I'm just looking for some updates. 

Wondering if anybody has noticed Elijah Nkansah from Toledo at all? His size and decent mobility given his size (listed at 6'6", 311) stood out to me when taking a look at QB Logan Woodside. Played RT the last couple years and moved to LT this year. Was holding his own against Miami I thought. Seems to have the functional strength to hold up at the next level.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:11 PM, Da_Ducktator said:

Wondering if anybody has noticed Elijah Nkansah from Toledo at all? His size and decent mobility given his size (listed at 6'6", 311) stood out to me when taking a look at QB Logan Woodside. Played RT the last couple years and moved to LT this year. Was holding his own against Miami I thought. Seems to have the functional strength to hold up at the next level.

Yes. Elijah Nkansah has been on my radar since the spring. 

On 11/8/2017 at 4:50 PM, cq.noble said:

Alright I'm just starting to dig into the 2018 class, so far I've seen that Connor Williams and Trey Adams are both hurt and Adams said he would return to school. Any word/rumor on Williams? Ragnow went out for the season but everything I've read about the guy leads me to believe he's a late day 1 early day 2 guy if healthy in time for off season workouts. 

I've seen conflicting reports on McGlichey as some still believe he's got top 5 talent and others (most TBH) believe he's a mid first rounder. Any updates from someone who knows how he's looked recently?

On the interior I've seen Quinton Nelson, Billy Price, Braden Smith, Mason Cole, Brian Allen, Will Clapp and Will Hernandez all mentioned on the interior, the censuses is that Nelson could legit got top 10 while the others on this list all have great potential.   

I've seen some other tackles mentioned Chukwuma Okorafor and Mitch Hyatt specifically, what rounds are these guys grading out to at this point in the season? I know it's early and there's still a lot to be determined (Senior Bowl, Combine, et. al) but most of what I'm seeing about guys ranking is from preseason through early September. 

I guess I'm just looking for some updates. 

Its only November so there hasn't been much talk about the offensive line but the consensus on what I've heard.

McGlinchey - Top half of the first round, he's been on-point lately. 

Quinton Nelson - Top 10 lock right now, he's been dominating. 

C. Williams - Heard nothing but considering his youth, upside, size and lack of talent at the position you have to think he'll declare.

Okorafor - Have heard his value is in the second round but positional value and lack of talent likely to push him up. 

Hyatt - Heard a lot of people note the typical "right side only" talk which limits his stock but that he is likely gone. 

1 hour ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

Connor Williams and Brian O'Neil are my top 2 tackles

O'Neil was struggling with the move to the left side earlier this year. If he hasn't improved he should stay in school. He's got a lot of potential but coming out too early could ruin him. If he gets drafted early then he'll be expected to play ASAP, and he hasn't looked like he's ready for that. 

12 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Its only November so there hasn't been much talk about the offensive line but the consensus on what I've heard.

McGlinchey - Top half of the first round, he's been on-point lately. 

Quinton Nelson - Top 10 lock right now, he's been dominating. 

C. Williams - Heard nothing but considering his youth, upside, size and lack of talent at the position you have to think he'll declare.

Okorafor - Have heard his value is in the second round but positional value and lack of talent likely to push him up. 

Hyatt - Heard a lot of people note the typical "right side only" talk which limits his stock but that he is likely gone. 

Awesome Thanks! 

I'm watching the Miami vs Notre Dame game and McGlinchey and Nelson have looked really good.

Will Hernandez has of course been really good, but I really think Logan Tuley-Tillman needs to be talked about. His past is convoluted to say the least, going to Michigan and being dismissed for being charged with three felonies for filming a sexual act with a female, then he was suppose to go to Washington State before ending up Akron, starting every game there last year, and is now the LT for UTEP. This kid is long (6'7", 310+) and moves very well for his size. The off-field stuff is obviously a worry but he is very, very talented. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo didn't work much against that left side so they didn't face the 'top talent' the Sooners had to offer, but Tuley-Tillman and Hernandez were excellent in that game.

How the Miners are 0-9 despite that left side of that offensive line is nearly unfathomable to me. 

Logan seems like a good guy, I've talked to him a lot. I haven't gotten around to watching him this year, excited to see what he's done to get better.

Alex Cappa posted a highlight video of his play from this year. I was really excited about him coming into the season, he looks even better now. Freak, great athlete, tons of power, great set, aggressive as hell. Overall just has so much of what you're looking for, just getting no attention because he's from a small school. Gil Brandt tweeted about him today (probably saw the highlights). Called him a potential day 2 guy. He's probably better than that.

Archived