2018 Draft Eligible OL Thread (OT, OG, C)

CalhounLambeau

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Where would everyone rank Nelson in comparison to other highly touted guards that have come out in years past? Also, being that he's a guard, how high are you willing to put him on your overall prospect rankings? Is he a top 5 prospect in this draft? 

Top 3 prospect. Could even argue him for top prospect. Quenton Nelson and Will Hernandez are the best guard prospects I've ever scouted. Would not be surprised if they both go top 15, even with how that is for guards. I personally have the 49ers taking Nelson at 2, which I think is wise being in the same division with Aaron Donald.

Just now, Elusive_Tiger said:

Top 3 prospect. Could even argue him for top prospect. Quenton and Will are the best guard prospects I've ever scouted.

I haven't decided on top 3 yet, but right now he's firmly entrenched in the top 5 for me. 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Where would everyone rank Nelson in comparison to other highly touted guards that have come out in years past? Also, being that he's a guard, how high are you willing to put him on your overall prospect rankings? Is he a top 5 prospect in this draft? 

Best prospect in the draft

4 hours ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

Top 3 prospect. Could even argue him for top prospect. Quenton Nelson and Will Hernandez are the best guard prospects I've ever scouted. Would not be surprised if they both go top 15, even with how that is for guards. I personally have the 49ers taking Nelson at 2, which I think is wise being in the same division with Aaron Donald.

I think it would be more likely if we where drafting outside of the top 5 for us to draft Nelson. Ether by trade or we win some games that we have left.

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think it would be more likely if we where drafting outside of the top 5 for us to draft Nelson. Ether by trade or we win some games that we have left.

I'm really hoping the niners take him wherever we pick. I think he's a plug and play stud on the line

I'm on board with the Nelson going Top 5 discussion.  I wouldn't be surprised if it happened either.  There will be a good amount of teams at the top of the draft looking for o-line help and he's going to be a hot commodity because of it.  Right now, he's a top five prospect in my book and I really don't see him falling out of it forbidding some type of injury or off-field issue.

A guard can absolutely go top 5. RB's have been going that high recently, and NFL teams have been paying guards more in free agency. If they're willing to pay free agents good money to play the position, they should be willing to draft one to play the position at a lesser price.

Anybody take a look at Chukwuma Okorafor this year? I was taking a closer look last week and wasn't inspired. I think he is a good athlete and moves well for his size. But this dude is a big guy, specifically for being at a G5, and should be dominating people at the least in the run game and I say nothing like that. He is only 20 years old despite being a senior, but football is something he picked up because he was convinced to. Does Chukes have the passion to be great at football and the mean streak needed to do so at the next level? I'm just not sure I see it with him.

3 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

football is something he picked up because he was convinced to

So that is the problem. Well, no. That is just one question mark. His footwork is too slow to play LT in the League. Might be too stiff to play OG. Grabs too much instead of punching.Needs a good showing in an all star game and combine performance. Has bust written all over him.

On 12/3/2017 at 6:17 PM, CalhounLambeau said:

Say what. Is that possible?

"Jones-Smith tore three of four ligaments, ripped two more muscles and sat in agony as the tibia bone twisted completely backward under his knee and put pressure on a major artery, cutting off blood flow to his leg."

From 2015 though.

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

"Jones-Smith tore three of four ligaments, ripped two more muscles and sat in agony as the tibia bone twisted completely backward under his knee and put pressure on a major artery, cutting off blood flow to his leg."

From 2015 though.

W0H0Wsy.gif

Archived