Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

BStanRamFan

Brian Windhorst basically said the Spurs are ready to deal with the Lakers if they put Ingram on the table.....Wait what? One day we hear the Lakers have pulled Kuzma off the table, and now Windhorst is saying they haven't put Ingram in any offer. So what exactly are they offering? Lol 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Brian Windhorst basically said the Spurs are ready to deal with the Lakers if they put Ingram on the table.....Wait what? One day we hear the Lakers have pulled Kuzma off the table, and now Windhorst is saying they haven't put Ingram in any offer. So what exactly are they offering? Lol 

Lakers in 7 over GS one the trade goes thru.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hart+.  Apparently their offer keeps going down the more the Spurs stick to their guns.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Hart+.  Apparently their offer keeps going down the more the Spurs stick to their guns.

Stupid move by the Lakers. Don't mess around and take the risk he goes elsewhere and ends up sticking like PG. Offer Ingram+picks and just get it done. I mean you can wait until after the season but that's a hell of a risk. 

Lonzo/Kuzma/LeBron/Kawhi is still one hell of a core for the next few years if the youngsters develop. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Stupid move by the Lakers. Don't mess around and take the risk he goes elsewhere and ends up sticking like PG. Offer Ingram+picks and just get it done. I mean you can wait until after the season but that's a hell of a risk. 

Lonzo/Kuzma/LeBron/Kawhi is still one hell of a core for the next few years if the youngsters develop. 

Why would you overpay?  Right now, Boston can't match salaries without including Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward, Jayson Tatum, or Jaylen Brown.  The Celtics have made Brown and Tatum off the table, and the Spurs aren't dealing for Gordon Hayward.  So the Celtics are pretty much out.  The Sixers have already made Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz off-limits, so the best pieces are Saric and the MIA '21 FRP.  That's not a real great offer and that's assuming they're willing to give that much.  I'd bet it's something like Covington, PHI '19 FRP and PHI '21 FRP at most.

76ers certainly could pull it off. They are putting Fultz off the table for now, but they may end up including him as we get close to the season. Spurs are going to move him somewhere at some point. Don't take no risk here and play hardball to the point you lose him for good. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

76ers certainly could pull it off. They are putting Fultz off the table for now, but they may end up including him as we get close to the season. Spurs are going to move him somewhere at some point. Don't take no risk here and play hardball to the point you lose him for good. 

I'm not saying they can't pull it off, I'm saying I'm not sure they will.  They spent the last few years absolutely gutting their roster to put them in this position.  It's a HUGE difference when you're talking about a guy whose hell bent on coming to Los Angeles versus someone who wants to get out of their situation.  The most recent report has Kawhi desperate to end up in a Lakers' uniform, not just in Los Angeles.  You can point to Paul George, but I'd argue that's the exception not the rule.  If the Sixers feel Saric and/or the MIA '21 FRP are "extra" assets they can live without, they'll part with them.  But there's no reason to give up part of your core for a guy whose threatening to leave next offseason.

I'm a big Futlz guy but I'd definitely move him for Kawhi. I think what Jalen Rose said about PG holds true here. Great players don't want to play for three teams in three years. So if Philly trades for Kawhi and they mesh well, there would be a good chance they retain him. 

Here is the full quote from Shams:

"One thing that's been made abundantly clear. I'm going to stress this: There's no guarantee if Kawhi Leonard hits the market next summer he's going to sign with the Lakers, period," said Shams Charania on The Herd. "I think his options have broadened a little bit. There's another team obviously in L.A. I think he'd be very much open to the Clippers.

"There's a belief around the league that if the Sixers came hard, there could be potential there for him to potentially be there in the long-term."

"There's not much interest in the Boston Celtics scenario for him," added Charania.

"Around Kawhi, it's been made abundantly clear there's not an interest to go join a superteam. I don't think he's jumping for joy that LeBron James is in L.A. with the Lakers. If anything, that's going to make him look, maybe more, toward the Clippers because this is a guy that won Finals MVP against LeBron James. You think he's amped up and wants to join LeBron now? I think that's been overstated."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250566/Kawhi-Leonard-Not-Guaranteed-To-Sign-With-Lakers-In-2019

Archived