Putting the Training (Camp) Wheels On!

swede700

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

And this would explain why we haven’t seen a contract extension with Barr, yet. 

Yep, I agree with this. Before we pay him edge rushing money, prove he can be an edge rusher at points. 

I hope it works out tho for him, if he could develop into an edge rusher along with being able to drop into coverage and do a fairly decent job, that would be something outstanding for our defense for even disguising purposes 

One of the flashiest plays Sunday came in the screen game during team drills.

Cousins patiently waited for running back Dalvin Cook to break free from the backfield before lobbing him a screen pass that would have gone for 30-plus yards. Left guard Danny Isidora, who ran with the first team Sunday, had a block on Kendricks while right guard Mike Remmers led the way downfield for Cook.

But the defense evened the playing field later in practice as another screen attempt for Cook was sniffed out by Kendricks, linebacker Anthony Barr and defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson. Cook would have likely been stopped for a loss on the play.

https://www.vikings.com/news/3-observations-sherels-snags-1st-vikings-interception-of-training-camp?sf194497218=1

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

And this would explain why we haven’t seen a contract extension with Barr, yet. 

That would explain quite a bit.  I imagine that they told him that if he wants to get that edge rusher money then he needs to actually do it.  

17 minutes ago, RpMc said:

He and Compton are rotating. 

I’m aware of that. But it’s still outstanding that, in his second year, Isidora has progressed enough in his development for the team to feel comfortable with him on the 1st team. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m aware of that. But it’s still outstanding that, in his second year, Isidora has progressed enough in his development for the team to feel comfortable with him on the 1st team. 

I also think it's misleading, since we haven't seen the line with Elflein healthy. Easton is likely your starter, which means Isidora and Compton are competing to be the top interior reserve.

Archived