2018 NBA Draft Thread

CWood21

I'm actually quite excited as a Cavs fan.  I think they keep their pick and draft the BPA that is there, whether it's Bridges/Carter/MPJ or someone else that might've fallen, but also if the Cavs try to acquire the pick from Memphis and start a full rebuild.  Offer up Love + filler for Parsons and #4, definitely a lot of interesting possibilities.

Assuming the Sixers keep the pick, I'd like them to get either Mikal Bridges or Lonnie Walker.

This draft seems much deeper than last years, in general just much better than last year. At least going into it. Aside from Mitchell, Tatum and the kid in Chicago last year was pretty bad.

7 minutes ago, Raves said:

I'm actually quite excited as a Cavs fan.  I think they keep their pick and draft the BPA that is there, whether it's Bridges/Carter/MPJ or someone else that might've fallen, but also if the Cavs try to acquire the pick from Memphis and start a full rebuild.  Offer up Love + filler for Parsons and #4, definitely a lot of interesting possibilities.

At this point, with my favorite prospects all either being seemingly unavailable, crippled, or has refused to meet with Memphis, I'm up for trading down. I'm not up for trading out of the draft entirely, though.

I'd be up for #4 and Parsons for #8, Osman, and Hill.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

At this point, with my favorite prospects all either being seemingly unavailable, crippled, or has refused to meet with Memphis, I'm up for trading down. I'm not up for trading out of the draft entirely, though.

I'd be up for #4 and Parsons for #8, Osman, and Hill.

I wouldn't make that trade with the Cavs having the #8 pick.  Maybe if it was in the 12-15 range, the Parsons contract is really bad and the difference between players at #4 and #8 isn't big enough to justify a swap, taking the contract and throwing two assets in as well, and Hill is definitely an asset with his only 1 mil guaranteed in 2019 and Osman being a good/high potential young player that needs burn.

16 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I hate this. The kings are going to take Bagley, who I honestly think is pure trash. Somehow someway the Kings screw this up. I’d have rather had the #7 pick.

Bagley is not trash....Like at all. 

20 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I hate this. The kings are going to take Bagley, who I honestly think is pure trash. Somehow someway the Kings screw this up. I’d have rather had the #7 pick.

I still think they're angling to move down.  Find a team who wants Doncic, and then take Porter when they move down.

So on nbadraft the current top 15 picks are:

1. Suns-Ayton

2. Kings-Bagley

3. Hawks-Doncic

4. Grizzlies-Carter (reports they think JJJr is soft, Bamba doesn't want to go there, no need for a PG in Young, MPJ injury concerns, Bridges might be too "safe")

5. Dallas-JJJr

6.  Orlando-Young

7. Chicago-Sexton

8.  Cleveland-Bamba

9.  Knicks-MPJ

10.  Philly-Mikal

11.  Charlotte-Knox

12.  Clippers-SGA

13.  Clippers-Zhaire

14.  Denver-Robert Williams

15.  Washington-Miles

22 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Why do you think Bagley is trash?

Just now, seminoles1 said:

PG is more of an issue than C for the Grizzlies.

Not arguing with you just listed what they have for that and giving my reasons why they might've went with Carter over Young.  Another issue is Young is pretty small and his defense isn't that strong, Carter might never be a DPOY but his defense is said to be adequate and plays smart basketball which helps.

Just now, Raves said:

Not arguing with you just listed what they have for that and giving my reasons why they might've went with Carter over Young.  Another issue is Young is pretty small and his defense isn't that strong, Carter might never be a DPOY but his defense is said to be adequate and plays smart basketball which helps.

Gotcha.

Memphis is in a ****ty situation.  Doncic will be gone, Porter is a borderline cripple, and Bamba and JJJr have refused to meet with them.  They have to reach for someone or pick a player who clearly doesn't want to be there, but the next tier of prospects are positions their best players already play and aren't close to worth the 4th pick.

Either pray Atlanta put that report out yesterday as a smokescreen or trade down.

Archived