2018 NBA Draft Thread

CWood21

51 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Parsons costs $24.1 mil, so they still need $12.1 mil more.  However, the Knicks have a $8.567 mil trade exception which I think they could utilize here.  So they would just need $3.533 mil more.  

You can't combine trade exceptions with other pieces in trades.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Its a single trade exception.  Can you clarify?

A single trade exception can only be used to acquire a player whose contract fits within that exception's salary range. You can't add together a trade exception with player contracts to make pay equal in a trade.

52 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

#4 and Parsons for #9, #36, Ntilikina, Lee, and Baker.

#4, Parsons

for

Warren, 16, 31, Suns 1st next year (top 3 protected), Bucks 1st

Warren scored 20 PPG on 50FG%  last year and can be the #3 scoring option next year. And is on a reasonable contract (4 years for $47 million).

Maybe throw in the Heat 1st but I don't know if I would do that.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

A single trade exception can only be used to acquire a player whose contract fits within that exception's salary range. You can't add together a trade exception with player contracts to make pay equal in a trade.

I mean it has to be added with a player or the other team wouldn't be acquiring anything back in the trade.  So if the Knicks were to send out Baker but got back a player with an $8 mil salary, then it could be applied?  But it can't be tacked on to chip away at a more expensive player is what you're saying?  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean it has to be added with a player or the other team wouldn't be acquiring anything back in the trade.  So if the Knicks were to send out Baker but got back a player with an $8 mil salary, then it could be applied?  But it can't be tacked on to chip away at a more expensive player is what you're saying?  

Negative. The team trading for the exception is essentially just salary dumping. They trade for the exception and have an empty roster spot.

The team using the exception has to create a roster spot by waiving someone before the trade.

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

#4, Parsons

for

Warren, 16, 31, Suns 1st next year (top 3 protected), Bucks 1st

Warren scored 20 PPG on 50FG%  last year and can be the #3 scoring option next year. And is on a reasonable contract (4 years for $47 million).

Maybe throw in the Heat 1st but I don't know if I would do that.

Deal...if Luka has already been drafted.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Deal.

I would probably only do it if Luka was there but then you guys most likely wouldn't do it. I would add the Heat pick if Luka was there. 

I want Luka + Ayton so bad. Tho JJJ+Ayton is a great fit.

But if Luka and JJJ went 2 & 3 I have no idea what we would do with the pick. I don't think Ayton and Bagley like each other and it's not a great fit.

Or what Suns fans have been wanting the last month or so. Luka at 1 and Bamba at 4! That would be interesting. 

3 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

not comparing them.. but same vibes i got from john collins last year. i dont know if john collins ended up actually being a good player his rookie year... but that's kinda what was going on in my mind when watching him. as far as impact and translation. and again not comparing them, so nobody better @ me talking about how that's a ****ty comparison. well aware. all comparisons are ****. stats over substance. 

Collins was pretty good this year. Very raw, but a super athlete. Needs a lot of work defensively. Not sure what his future will be. I do think he needs to be a little more selfish offensively, but maybe that was because he was a rookie, and Schroder was doing pretty much whatever he wanted. If Atlanta can draft Luka and trade Dennis, it should be a fun year seeing just how Collins and Prince can grow with a different type of point guard.

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Why do you think Bagley is trash?

He is trash for today's NBA. If this was the early 2000s, he would be pretty good. I don't buy into his 39% 3PT percentage because of such a tiny sample size. So I don't think he has range. He can't defend a wet paper towel. Rebound rates don't actually always correlate over. His passing is below par. I'd honestly rather have quite a few guys over him. 

Doncic

Bamba

JJJ

Mikal Bridges

Hell maybe even MPJ (even with the risk)

29 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Deal...if Luka has already been drafted.

I think there'd have to be some sort of SAC/LAL conditions on that pick.  I can't see a team willing to jump down a full tier or two without being heavily compensation beyond dumping Chandler Parsons contract.

Archived