Bell contract 2018

3rivers

Bell is such an immature clown. There's been Steelers that I couldn't stand like Colon and Mitchell but at least they were, from what I've read, good teammates. I wanted Bell signed last year I admit. Now I'm so glad that he didn't accept the more than fair offer he was given. I'm so sick and tired of him continually playing the pathetic victim in all of this. I will be so happy when this guy is officially gone from the team. He then can rap, if that's what you call it, for another team. I would say more but it would be bleeped out. We've seen how the team has rallied around Conner. He is pure class while Bell is a pure...

People think moving on is going to be a one way streak. This guy isn't making up the money he lost this year on his next contract even if he reports soon. It's not going to happen, especially after how things played out. So what happens when he hits the market and it's not what he thinks? Whose he going to blame?
He's dumb enough to cry collusion. You can't fix stupid.

I said it before and Ill say it again....I have ZERO animosity towards Bell playing hardball to get more money.   RB's have a short shelf life and Bell HAS earned the right to get a big, longterm contract with his play.   It's why I wanted us to trade him in the offseason if we werent seriously considering giving him the type of money he wanted.   It wouldve benefitted both him and us.

His attitude is the only reason I cant stand him.   He acts like he is a victim, when the fact is, he wouldve been paid by now if he werent a complete moron early in his career.   He lost a lot of trust and cost HIMSELF a ton of money.   That wasnt the Steelers lowballing him or fans treating him poorly....it was him being immature, and the concurrent issues we had with Martavis scared the front office from giving him a huge amount of money.   And his entire approach over the last 3-4 months has been embarrassingly stupid.   He should fire his agent immediately, because as others have stated, he wont make up the money he lost, and at best IMO, he will get a similar contract to what we offered him.    There are some stupid front offices out there that might give him insane money....and if that happens, power to him.....but my guess is alot of teams will shy away from him and be afraid to give him huge money.    At the very least, I think its safe to say he wont get anywhere near the $16 or 17m per year value he thought he deserved.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I said it before and Ill say it again....I have ZERO animosity towards Bell playing hardball to get more money.   RB's have a short shelf life and Bell HAS earned the right to get a big, longterm contract with his play.   It's why I wanted us to trade him in the offseason if we werent seriously considering giving him the type of money he wanted.   It wouldve benefitted both him and us.

His attitude is the only reason I cant stand him.   He acts like he is a victim, when the fact is, he wouldve been paid by now if he werent a complete moron early in his career.   He lost a lot of trust and cost HIMSELF a ton of money.   That wasnt the Steelers lowballing him or fans treating him poorly....it was him being immature, and the concurrent issues we had with Martavis scared the front office from giving him a huge amount of money.   And his entire approach over the last 3-4 months has been embarrassingly stupid.   He should fire his agent immediately, because as others have stated, he wont make up the money he lost, and at best IMO, he will get a similar contract to what we offered him.    There are some stupid front offices out there that might give him insane money....and if that happens, power to him.....but my guess is alot of teams will shy away from him and be afraid to give him huge money.    At the very least, I think its safe to say he wont get anywhere near the $16 or 17m per year value he thought he deserved.

Allow me to be very clear I completely agree with you. I also agree with you on what kind of money he deserves my issue was always that I didn't feel like we were a team that could afford to pay him that with having so many other needs.

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm confused. I also really don't care about Bell at all. I wish we could stop talking about him. I hate to sound like Tomlin but, we should only discuss players that are there.

Too bad this can't happen.

I hear ya but I think there is some relevance here in terms of Cap issues and any compensation received. I don't think anyone here thinks Bell will be here next year. That ship has sailed. However, what he does next (i.e. show up and sign/what tag he signs/doesn't show) all has a pretty big impact on the 2019 Steelers and therefore warrants discussion.  

27 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I saw this too but it doesn't sound right. If he doesn't show up and therefore didn't sign his 2nd Franchise tag then NEXT year's tag would be his 2nd tag. 

Ditto.  I think this is something that a court would rule against.

Plus there are more and more people coming out saying that it's nearly impossible situation for Bell at this point.

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Ditto.  I think this is something that a court would rule against.

Plus there are more and more people coming out saying that it's nearly impossible situation for Bell at this point.

I think I see where the line of thinking would come from that Bell would be considered as a 3rd franchise tag player, but I didn't look too deep to see if it is more deeply laid out elsewhere. Essentially it looks like the criteria for moving to the next level (number of years under the franchise tag) of tag is the number of times that the franchise tag has been designated as a franchise tag player. I don't know if this is expressed more clearly elsewhere, but the idea would be that the Steelers have designated Bell twice whether or not Bell signed it.

https://www.thefootballeducator.com/nfl-cba-article-10-franchise-transition-players/

I don't know if that is a valid source, or if there are other sections that go against this, but it looks like this would be the source of the thought behind Bell no longer being under the 2nd year tag next year.

Archived