LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

3 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Pels are better if the Lakers don't get Kawhi. As are the Wolves.

If the Lakers get Kawhi then they're better than everyone except the Dubs/Rockets. 

I think you're overestimating the Pelicans, and underestimating the Lakers.  Right now, it's Golden State and then Houston.  After that, it's a cluster.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Actually, they had a max contract space in hand pre-Clarkson IIRC.  They just needed to move Clarkson to create that second max contract.

Yep they moved Clarkson to be able to have two max slots. 

4 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Pels are better if the Lakers don't get Kawhi. As are the Wolves.

If the Lakers get Kawhi then they're better than everyone except the Dubs/Rockets. 

I don't think the Wolves are better at all.  It's a push with the Pelicans as far as I'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

lmao really? That’s what you do with the rest of your cap 

Make sense.  A perfect fit with LeBron.  Lonzo/KCP/Ingram/LeBron/Randle.  Kick your cap space to next year.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He won't be back to old form till probably the 2020 season and even then we don't know if he'll ever get back.

The medical studies and history of players with the same injury is.... bad.

I'm not disagreeing.  I just think there's enough desire from DMC to be a Laker that he'd take less from the Lakers to be here.  JMO though.

It's so funny that a good amount of people made fun of the Lakers hiring Magic - "He's a moron."  "He's actually going to scout players overseas lol!!!" "Won't change anything."

I wish I could go back and see it now.  The Lakers have been great ever since Jim Buss has taken a far backseat.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I think you're overestimating the Pelicans, and underestimating the Lakers.  Right now, it's Golden State and then Houston.  After that, it's a cluster.

It’s not underestimating the Lakers. The Lakers are the Lebrons. No one outside of him can be counted on because they haven’t done anything. Lakers better have a few moves up their sleeve or they will be getting bounced in the 1st/2nd rd. GSW might be one of the best dynasties in nba history and they are no longer be most popular team in their own state. All those former Laker fans who became GSW fans are now gonna be laker fans. 

You now Silver has a raging hard on right now 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I was talking about the Laker talent - not the Cavs.

I mean, I'd take the Lakers' youth AND cap flexibility over the Cavaliers' roster and that's not even me being a homer either.

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Wow the Lakers signed Pope to a 12 million deal, they must apparently arent going after Cousins or Capela. 

The Capela thing sounded like hogwash anyways.  Probably just trying to get Houston to pony up for him.

Archived