LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

magic had to have talked with Lebron ahead of time. no way he makes the "Ill resign" statement if he didnt already know

its Leonard or bust for the Lakers

What you don't know is amusing.  This was clearly as much about his post-basketball career as it was about his basketball career.  Let's be real.  There wasn't a team he could realistically join that was going to push him past Michael Jordan in terms of rings.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I like the talent around Lebron....

We saw how much that "talent" around LeBron did in the Finals.  J.R. Smith literally cost them the game.  I mean, Kevin Love is the only guy I'd seriously want on the Lakers' roster.

Just now, CWood21 said:

We're talking about a 1 or a 1+1 deal at most.  Probably just a 1 year, test-out deal.

He won't be back to old form till probably the 2020 season and even then we don't know if he'll ever get back.

The medical studies and history of players with the same injury is.... bad.

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

And the Cavs are the ones who made this possible by taking that bad Clarkson contract

Actually, they had a max contract space in hand pre-Clarkson IIRC.  They just needed to move Clarkson to create that second max contract.

Just now, CWood21 said:

We saw how much that "talent" around LeBron did in the Finals.  J.R. Smith literally cost them the game.  I mean, Kevin Love is the only guy I'd seriously want on the Lakers' roster.

I was talking about the Laker talent - not the Cavs.

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

And lets be real, he has a better shot at winning another ring with the Cavs than he does with the Lakers. Prolly won’t even make it to the WCF.

He had no shot of winning a ring in Cleveland.  He doesn't have a shot in year 1 with LA, but they have a lot of good young players and cap room.  The Lakers will look a lot different next season.

Archived