LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

Chris Broussard also said that there have been people that have been telling him LeBron to the Lakers was a done deal a year ago.  This might have been one of those things where he has allowed his kids and wife to have a big input.  He said during his press conference after game four that when he made the decision to go to Miami his kids were too young to have a say in things.

Then dude should have predicted LA from the out set instead of going with five other teams lol.

We are going to hear a lot about this for the next month until he makes a decision. I was told this or that just so that person could make it look like they broke the news. 

Yeah it seems like a lot of people are speculating LeBron for the Lakers. If that's going to happen I think that means Paul George is going there too. Can't see LeBron just going to the Lakers without another star ending up there

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude always takes around a week or so before making a decision but because he may have to opt in and get traded to a certain destination, he will be forced to make a decision sooner than ever befor

Yeah, if he opts out then it's pretty much down to LA, Cleveland, and Philadelphia (and San Antonio in my mind, but that's not happening).

9 hours ago, Danger said:

I can't see him going to the Lakers at all. Even if they bring him and PG, They are the 3rd best team in the West at best. Probably get beat by the Spurs if they hash things out with Kawhi. I don't see the Lakers having enough to pull Kawhi away from San Antonio honestly. Not much value in Lonzo, the centerpiece would have to be Ingram, but that's just a start.

On paper, they're probably at best the 3rd team.  But they're young and athletic, which is going to bode well for their ability to throw multiple lengthy defenders at the Rockets and Warriors.  Or they could deal their youth and try and get that 3rd star.  They're not a great fit for LeBron, but I think they're a better fit than people are giving them credit to.  Add LeBron and Paul George to the Lakers, and they're clearly a better team than this year's Cavaliers IMO.

6 hours ago, showtime said:

Agreed.  I think the biggest key with the Lakers is that they would have to sign Paul George and then somehow do a trade(s) to get another high impact vet.  Also, it's really difficult to say what the value of Lonzo Ball is.  He was just the #2 overall pick a year ago and is still very young.  That would be like someone saying that Markelle Fultz doesn't have much value.

Lonzo Ball's value probably hasn't changed much IMO.  If you liked him before the season, you probably still like him.  If you didn't like him, you probably haven't budged off of it.  Shooting fortunately is a "correctable" flaw, as we've seen a TON of players who entered the league as mediocre shooters and turned into pretty good shooters.  I remember when Trevor Ariza couldn't shoot from beyond the arc, and now he's shooting a respectable 35% for his career.  If Lonzo becomes even a halfway decent shooter, that's an incredibly value player with his passing and defense.  LIS a while ago, I think LeBron would like playing with Lonzo more than I think the casual fan believes.

Archived