LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Bron should go to wherever Kawhi gets traded to. So Phoenix.

I like it. I have the perfect plan. 

Suns take on Faried for pick 14 and we'll even give them pick 59 back. We trade Warren, Bender, 14, 16, our 1st next year and two years from that (both unprotected), MIA unprotected 1st in 2021, and Bucks 1st for Kawhi. So six 1sts and Warren and Bender for Kawhi. Then S&T for Bron and give the Cavs Chriss, pick 31, and some other future 2nds.

Bron, Booker, Kawhi, Josh Jackson, Ayton. With Knight and Faried coming off the bench and some vet signings. 

But you probably wanted #1 overall. hmm, not sure I would do that.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I like it. I have the perfect plan. 

Suns take on Faried for pick 14 and we'll even give them pick 59 back. We trade Warren, Bender, 14, 16, our 1st next year and two years from that (both unprotected), MIA unprotected 1st in 2021, and Bucks 1st for Kawhi. So six 1sts and Warren and Bender for Kawhi. Then S&T for Bron and give the Cavs Chriss, pick 31, and some other future 2nds.

Bron, Booker, Kawhi, Josh Jackson, Ayton. With Knight and Faried coming off the bench and some vet signings. 

But you probably wanted #1 overall. hmm, not sure I would do that.

So 6 #1 picks for Kawhi, and Cleveland gets Chriss and pick #31? You realize in the proposed moves you make, the only way you can get LeBron is to trade for him. The cap space won't be there to sign him outright, so it would take a lot more than what you're asking to get him. 

15 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

So 6 #1 picks for Kawhi, and Cleveland gets Chriss and pick #31? You realize in the proposed moves you make, the only way you can get LeBron is to trade for him. The cap space won't be there to sign him outright, so it would take a lot more than what you're asking to get him. 

Well it's more of thanks for helping us complete this trade than it is trading for Bron. He's probably leaving for nothing, might as well get something out of it. S&Ts usually barely get the team anything. Maybe the Spurs take 5 1sts and we give the Cavs a 1st, #31, and Chriss (or maybe a 2023 unprotected 1st from the Suns). Or maybe we give them Josh Jackson and keep #31 and Chriss. We even have expiring and non-guaranteed contracts so the Cavs don't have to take on any salary past this year to make it work.

But I highly doubt we have the combination of cap space and move-able contracts to get this to work irl tho, just having some fun. 

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

wherever he goes, he needs to be able to accept someone else having some control over the team. His desire to run everything, be coach and GM as well, is the reason they've come to an end like this. as great of a player as he is, he's not necessarily the same level as a coach or GM. even if he was, it's difficult to do everything at the same time. as much as the Curry/Durant/Thompson/Green/Iggy combo has rolled them, I think the one of the biggest things contributing to Golden State's success is that Kerr is a great coach. he makes the right adjustments, and he gets great performances out of all their role players.

feel like if he goes to the Lakers, it's the same thing all over again. it's about him building the team himself, and while they might be near the top of the league for a while, they probably won't get past Golden State as long as this team stays together and stays healthy.

if he wants to reach Jordan, he needs to be partnered with a great coach, as Jordan was, who can make it so that it's not just lebron vs the Warriors/Celtics/whoever. also a great organization/general manager, who is going to make sure apes like TT and JR don't take up massive chunks of the team's salary.

he needs to go to the Spurs.

While I agree... if we were in Lebron’s shoes.... would we have given Cleveland’s coaching and management the benefit of the doubt?

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Why does everyone act like Philly has reached their peak? This is a team of young guys who just had their first taste of postseason basketball. Simmons was in his first season of pro basketball. Why do people talk like these guys aren't going to get any better?

Who said that? Boston is just equally as young and significantly more talented right now, and has the best coach in the league.

13 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

wherever he goes, he needs to be able to accept someone else having some control over the team. His desire to run everything, be coach and GM as well, is the reason they've come to an end like this. as great of a player as he is, he's not necessarily the same level as a coach or GM. even if he was, it's difficult to do everything at the same time. as much as the Curry/Durant/Thompson/Green/Iggy combo has rolled them, I think the one of the biggest things contributing to Golden State's success is that Kerr is a great coach. he makes the right adjustments, and he gets great performances out of all their role players.

feel like if he goes to the Lakers, it's the same thing all over again. it's about him building the team himself, and while they might be near the top of the league for a while, they probably won't get past Golden State as long as this team stays together and stays healthy.

if he wants to reach Jordan, he needs to be partnered with a great coach, as Jordan was, who can make it so that it's not just lebron vs the Warriors/Celtics/whoever. also a great organization/general manager, who is going to make sure apes like TT and JR don't take up massive chunks of the team's salary.

he needs to go to the Spurs.

I agree with this take. I don't think Lebron does, though. I think he goes to LA with George and trades Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma for Leonard.

Archived