LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

1 minute ago, showtime said:

That team can't beat the Warriors.

How do you figure? If LeBron alone is keeping the Cavs in games vs the Warriors, you don't think a surplus of talent around him would at least give him a fighting chance? Especially on the defensive end, that team would be able to clamp down on the Warriors.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Why not?  Cleveland has challenged Golden State in 2/3 games in the Finals and this team is much better than Cleveland.

Well, they're better than Cleveland, but I still don't think they do it.  After this past postseason, I'm not huge on Covington as a dependable shooter.  Also, I've cooled on Ben Simmons so much.  He's an awesome player, but he is the worst shooter I've ever seen for someone as ball dominant as he is.  He's way worse than Rondo in that regard, and that says a lot.  Plus, that team is still really young, etc.  I'm taking the Warriors over that Sixers team.

Someone was saying yesterday that the Rockets could still keep Capela and Ariza if LeBron goes there or gets traded there... something like that.  If that's the case, I think Houston is the best fit to win right now.

I think that squad would have a chance, but you can't just go off the Cavs being competitive in two games all of a sudden meaning any improved supporting cast gets the job done. Love has been very solid, and LeBron is playing at such a high level. No guarantee he could replicate that in Philly, especially with less spacing.

Saying that, the 76ers will have a shot against the Warriors lol. There are some issues though. Embiid hates coming out to the perimeter as we saw vs Boston, so you know the Warriors are going to put him in damn near every single pick and roll/pop action. How he holds up there will be the key. But him playing almost certainly means the Warriors have to have a traditional big on the court at all times. You can't just roll out the Hamptons 5 for long stretches against this team. They will get destroyed on the boards and in the paint. 

But if Fultz ends up being a factor with a some what reliable jumper? That's a complete game changer and could put the 76ers over the top. 

The 76ers are going to have a hell of a time against the fully healthy Celtics squad though. 

If Lebron goes to Philly, that team isn’t even guaranteed to get by Boston. We dismantled that team without Kyrie and Hayward. A rookie was basically our go to guy...

If Lebron wants to compete with GS his two best choices are clear cut. Houston or Boston.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

If Lebron goes to Philly, that team isn’t even guaranteed to get by Boston. We dismantled that team without Kyrie and Hayward. A rookie was basically our go to guy...

If Lebron wants to compete with GS his two best choices are clear cut. Houston or Boston.

Philly isn't guaranteed to get out of the East even if LeBron goes there which is why I want him to go there even more. I want a true HW fight in the Eastern Conference finals. Not a competitive series with two less than elite squads. Have PG go to Houston or SA some how get another guy. We need four or five juggernauts next season, not just two in one conference like this year. 

9 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I agree based on what I expect to be his realistic options. 

14 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I agree based on what I expect to be his realistic options. 

I was going to recommend him going to the Nuggets but then I realized he will miss the playoffs for the first in over a decade on the last..........

All this talk of LeBron to Boston, and while it would be a hell of a squad, do you guys really see him wanting to live there? Kind of the same with Philly. H-Town and LA in terms of living out the finals years of his career for that perspective make more sense. 

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was going to recommend him going to the Nuggets but then I realized he will miss the playoffs for the first in over a decade on the last..........

All this talk of LeBron to Boston, and while it would be a hell of a squad, do you guys really see him wanting to live there? Kind of the same with Philly. H-Town and LA in terms of living out the finals years of his career for that perspective make more sense. 

He’s lived in Ohio most of his life........

15 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

He’s lived in Ohio most of his life........

Right, but he actually grew up in Akron....Where he lives now. Not like he chose to go to a city like Cleveland with no history there. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

Lebron beat Boston damn near by himself. Adding Lebron to the Sixers and they beat Boston handedly. You can't just say adding Kyrie and Hayward without suggesting how much worse their defense would be. Boston completely shut down the perimeter during that Sixers series. Thats not replicated with Kyrie and Hayward out there. Plus, a game or two were just thrown away due to just how young the Sixers are. I think most of us expect Ben, Fultz and Joel to take a step forward and iron out those rookie/young mistakes. An improved Ben, Fultz, Embiid, Dario and Lebron? Boston gets run through. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Lebron beat Boston damn near by himself. Adding Lebron to the Sixers and they beat Boston handedly. You can't just say adding Kyrie and Hayward without suggesting how much worse their defense would be. Boston completely shut down the perimeter during that Sixers series. Thats not replicated with Kyrie and Hayward out there. Plus, a game or two were just thrown away due to just how young the Sixers are. I think most of us expect Ben, Fultz and Joel to take a step forward and iron out those rookie/young mistakes. An improved Ben, Fultz, Embiid, Dario and Lebron? Boston gets run through. 

Uhm, are you suggesting Hayward is a bad defender? Because that’s a bad take.

Boston is just as young as Philly. Three of our best players in that series are under 25. Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum will only get better, and we’re adding two All-Stars. Philly isn’t running through anything and the biggest factor will, once again, be Brad Stevens coaching circles around Brett Brown.

Boston/Houston with Lebron are MUCH better teams than Philly with Lebron. If he wants to beat GS his choices are very easy.

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, but he actually grew up in Akron....Where he lives now. Not like he chose to go to a city like Cleveland with no history there. 

While Philly is actually a pretty lit city, we're talking about a soon to be 34 year old married man with two kids (who he actually pays attention to). Dude isn't really out here looking for the best night life in town. Most of his time that isn't consumed by basketball or business ventures is most likely going to be consumed by his family. So in that sense, I don't think the allure of LA or Houston really adds to the pitch for a player like LeBron.

Philly even with LeBron isn't running through Boston. Just not happening. Damn near impossible to run through a team that consists of Irving/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford/Rozier along with the best coach in basketball. Boston is going to give anyone hell next season. Obviously injuries could change that, but we would be in store for a classic ECFs if LeBron goes to Philly. 

Archived