LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm just here for Mr.BBB himself to go off on LeBron after a playoff loss. "If my son had the ball in his hands instead of Bron, we would have won" lmao.

And everyone just laughs at LaVar.  Shocking.

Just now, Danger said:

Even with Paul George, I still think the Lakers are not as appealing as a handful of other teams. 

Who?  Houston and Philadelphia are the only two teams who I'd argue are currently more appealing.  As I've outlined (and others have as well) many times, Houston doesn't have a clear path to signing LeBron.  They have to clear at a bare minimum Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson in order to get enough cap space to sign LeBron.  Easier said than done.  As for Philadelphia, a LOT has to tie with LeBron's fit with Ben Simmons and the injury concerns with Joel Embiid.  There's only a handful of teams who realistically have a shot at LeBron, I'd probably limit to the four I mentioned earlier (CLE, LAL, PHI, and HOU).

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I honestly don't think you're going to find any team willing to salary dump Ryan Anderson.  Quite frankly, I think he's closer to Luol Deng than that.  And it's not like the Rockets' picks have high appeal given that they're almost a shoe-in to be a top 5 team next few seasons.  So are a couple of very late 1sts worth taking on Ryan Anderson?  I think you might get something like Ryan Anderson and a pair of 1sts for Omer Asik, or something like that.

That's why the team asks for a 2023 1st as well as 2019.  It will be after Houston's window.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

That's why the team asks for a 2023 1st as well as 2019.  It will be after Houston's window.

Right now, there's only 3 teams who are in the rebuilding phase with significant amount of cap space: Brooklyn, Atlanta, and Chicago.  I don't see those teams willing to do that.

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think he's going to stay on the Cavs.

As a Cavs fan, I wouldn't care one bit if he leaves. I'm so sick and tired of this freaking GSW team and their obnoxious fans that I want someone to kick the crap out of them. Whatever team LeBron is on has the best shot at doing that, and he won't be able to accomplish that on this Cavs squad with these players and that coach. I'd like to see him stay selfishly, but I wouldn't hold it against him at all for leaving. I just hope he is able to formulate some kind of mutant squad to crap down Golden State's throat every year. Maybe go to Los Angeles and recruit Paul George there as well. Then trade away any of their assets to get Boogie Cousins.

Or he could just go to the Pelicans to formulate the most ridiculous front court in NBA history.

SF: GOAT James

PF: Davis

C: Cousins

Hey, enjoy that sweep on Friday night. I know I will 

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Who?  Houston and Philadelphia are the only two teams who I'd argue are currently more appealing.  As I've outlined (and others have as well) many times, Houston doesn't have a clear path to signing LeBron.  They have to clear at a bare minimum Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson in order to get enough cap space to sign LeBron.  Easier said than done.  As for Philadelphia, a LOT has to tie with LeBron's fit with Ben Simmons and the injury concerns with Joel Embiid.  There's only a handful of teams who realistically have a shot at LeBron, I'd probably limit to the four I mentioned earlier (CLE, LAL, PHI, and HOU).

I agree that there are 4 options, but i would like to remove CLE and add in SAS. His time in Cleveland is done. No chance of winning long or short term, rift with ownership, no help from the cast, and coaching is inept. But let's breakdown the 4 scenarios...

LAL:

Lonzo

PG3

Kuzma

Lebron

Ingram

Bench: Randle, Hart.

Could they improve? Yes, I believe you could yield a big time player for Ingram combined with future 1's and Deng's expiring contract. Perhaps KAT? Maybe Demar Derozan and play all small ball? Maybe Andrew Wiggins and be a GREAT defensive team. Or just keep Ingram and hope he turns into KD Lite. Great matchups with GSW. And become a mogul in LA, build his brand.

Philly:

Simmons

Reddick

Lebron

Saric

Embiid

Could they improve? Ehh, Covington and Bellini might want to stay if Lebron joins. Lebron could bring Korver with him. I saw a trade on hear Covington for Love that I liked. Could be in the weaker conference and play for YEARS as Embiid and Simmons ascend. Chance to play off the ball as Broussard stated he would be willing to do as he declines. Less usage. Could move Fultz for a semi decent piece become 6MOY candidate potentially.

Houston:

Paul

Harden

Lebron

Mbah a Moute

Capela

Could they improve? Ehhhhh, would need to move Gordon, Ariza, possibly Tucker and find a suitor for Andersens' contract. So a lot of if's. Also, not much bench play. Would be best starting 5 of all 3, but weak bench and not a long term solution if Lebron wants to play til 40. However, they could beat GSW and win a title vs any East team in first 2 years granted they add some bench depth.

Spurs:

Murray

Kawhi

Lebron

Aldridge

Gasol

Could they improve? Also, not too sure. Lot of veteran bench depth in Parker, Ginobli may hang on for a year, Patty Mills Danny Green. And I really like Kyle Andersen. The idea of playing for Pop would be such a relief not having to worry that everyone know's what they need to do. Darkhorse candidate for me.

My guess: I would go 1A. Lakers then 1B. Philly

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

LeBron isn't going to the Clippers.  If LeBron goes to LA, then it's to the Lakers with PG13.  And then once they sign, LA will be trading some of their young pieces for another star.  It's a good option for him.

This exactly 

get rid Lonzo you have to 

that’s not gonna fit with Bron

Maybe trade Lonzo to the Clippers for pick 12 or something, but he can’t be on the same team as Bron.

David Griffin will probably becomes 6ers president which will be enticing, but I think Bron wants to get out the East and him and Simmons just play so similar. But they’d be my 1B. 

As a Cleveland fan I think he’s gone. It’s  all his fault for getting Tristan and JR those contracts but it’s whatever he got us the ring on Father’s Day let the man live. 

Archived