LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don't know, took 7 games for the Cavs to get past Boston with Lebron playing some of the best basketball of his career. Celtics will have 2 additional all-stars on board the next time they would meet.

True. I shouldn't say "probable". Celtics will make a strong push with Irving and Hayward in the east. 

If James stays in Cleveland though, that is what will be the talk all offseason. 

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don't think a Lebron and Playoff P pairing in LA would be smart, they wouldn't even be the clear cut 2nd best team in the west if Rockets keep CP3. LA has talent but Lebron is trying to win now, and how much are guys like Lonzo or Ingram going to help you win now? Kuzma and Randle would be really nice for him to play with, but would they be able to keep both?

Exactly.  He's trying to win now, that's why you go to Houston and not Philadelphia.

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

Philly actually can't offer LeBron a max contract.  A max contract for LeBron is $35 million, the cap for Philly is around $30 million.

Philly has $25M and can get to $35M pretty easily.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Philly has $25M and can get to $35M pretty easily.

Everything I've seen has them sitting at $70 million that they are on the hook for, not counting cap holds.  They would need to release all their holds and still trade someone taking back nothing to get enough to max them.

15 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

He wont go to LA.. Lakers would have to do sign and trades to get them both on the roster and even then thats not enough to beat GS.  His best bet to win another title is clearly in Houston.  Morey has something up his sleeve.

Never change TF

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Everything I've seen has them sitting at $70 million that they are on the hook for, not counting cap holds.  They would need to release all their holds and still trade someone taking back nothing to get enough to max them.

Well, they would release all of their holds on Amir Johnson, JJ Redick, Marco Belinelli, and Ersan Ilyasova. Then trade Bayless into cap space by attaching an asset, or stretching him and trading Justin Anderson. If LeBron wants to be in Philly, they have space. 

Just now, utley4568 said:

Well, they would release all of their holds on Amir Johnson, JJ Redick, Marco Belinelli, and Ersan Ilyasova. Then trade Bayless into cap space by attaching an asset, or stretching him and trading Justin Anderson. If LeBron wants to be in Philly, they have space. 

For as great as LeBron is, I think Philly would be best suited having PG and Leonard as the top 2 priorities, bring in either one to pair with Simmons/Covington/Saric/Embiid and go from there.  I don't think LeBron meshes will with the players they have in place and although he'd get them to the finals, I'm not sure if it would be worth it in the long run for them.

Just now, Raves said:

For as great as LeBron is, I think Philly would be best suited having PG and Leonard as the top 2 priorities, bring in either one to pair with Simmons/Covington/Saric/Embiid and go from there.  I don't think LeBron meshes will with the players they have in place and although he'd get them to the finals, I'm not sure if it would be worth it in the long run for them.

I prefer PG personally, but that doesn't change that they have space for LeBron.

3 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

I prefer PG personally, but that doesn't change that they have space for LeBron.

Well without making a trade, they actually don't have the space for LeBron, which is what I was referencing.  Most of the teams that would be able to take on the contract without sending something back are wanting to go after LeBron as well, so it's not that easy to just say "we'll make a trade and attach an asset."  Also agree with you on the PG idea.

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

Well without making a trade, they actually don't have the space for LeBron, which is what I was referencing.  Most of the teams that would be able to take on the contract without sending something back are wanting to go after LeBron as well, so it's not that easy to just say "we'll make a trade and attach an asset."  Also agree with you on the PG idea.

They can also stretch Bayless and trade Anderson into space to a young team who would want him.

Archived