LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

For argument sake, yes Boston gives LeBron a better chance to beat Golden State than Philly. Though he would have a shot with Philly as well. But Boston would have the ability to switch damn near 1-5 to go along with elite coaching. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

If Lebron goes to Philly, that team isn’t even guaranteed to get by Boston. We dismantled that team without Kyrie and Hayward. A rookie was basically our go to guy...

If Lebron wants to compete with GS his two best choices are clear cut. Houston or Boston.

Dismantled is a strong take. Iirc 4 out of the 5 games were decided in the last minutes. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was going to recommend him going to the Nuggets but then I realized he will miss the playoffs for the first in over a decade on the last..........

All this talk of LeBron to Boston, and while it would be a hell of a squad, do you guys really see him wanting to live there? Kind of the same with Philly. H-Town and LA in terms of living out the finals years of his career for that perspective make more sense. 

Murray/Harris/James/Millsap/Jokic ends the GS dynasty 

Everyone is arguing about Boston trading Irving for LeBron...but what about Hayward?  And then send Irving somewhere else in a different trade.  Hayward + Morris matches salary wise, Cleveland has chased Hayward in free agency before, and Boston could add a 1st (Memphis or LA Clippers) in case Hayward never returns to what he was.

Cleveland receives:
Gordon Hayward
Marcus Morris
2019 Memphis 1st Round Pick

Boston receives:
LeBron James

Then trade Kyrie to Charlotte (along with Guerschon Yabusele for Kemba Walker and Marvin Williams [maybe swap 1st rounders as well]), Dallas (for Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith, Jr., and 2019 Dallas 1st Round Pick) or so many other options.  San Antonio in a package for Kawhi, New York for #9 and pieces to fill the rotation, Miami for Dragic + filler, etc.  As sucky as that would be for Hayward, they owe him nothing.  Kyrie could easily be traded so there's no awkward reunion between he and LeBron.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Everyone is arguing about Boston trading Irving for LeBron...but what about Hayward?  And then send Irving somewhere else in a different trade.  Hayward + Morris matches salary wise, Cleveland has chased Hayward in free agency before, and Boston could add a 1st (Memphis or LA Clippers) in case Hayward never returns to what he was.

Cleveland receives:
Gordon Hayward
Marcus Morris
2019 Memphis 1st Round Pick

Boston receives:
LeBron James

Then trade Kyrie to Charlotte (along with Guerschon Yabusele for Kemba Walker and Marvin Williams [maybe swap 1st rounders as well]), Dallas (for Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith, Jr., and 2019 Dallas 1st Round Pick) or so many other options.  San Antonio in a package for Kawhi, New York for #9 and pieces to fill the rotation, Miami for Dragic + filler, etc.  As sucky as that would be for Hayward, they owe him nothing.  Kyrie could easily be traded so there's no awkward reunion between he and LeBron.

I don't know if Cleveland would want to continue to compete and pay the luxury tax for Hayward.  Although the line-up looks interesting in Hill/JR/Hayward/Love/TT, they would need a much better coach than Lue to properly make use of the talent.  If they were willing too, that starting 5 doesn't look bad, especially if they could grab Mikal Bridges at #8.  Run Hill/Bridges/Hayward/Love/TT with JR off the bench.

you really think playing with a choking loser like james Harden is going to entice leBron to go to the Rockets?  The best chance for LeBron in the west is to go to the Spurs.  That's it.  if i'm the celtics i wouldn't even want LeBron on my team.  he's getting old and they have to strip too much of their team to get him.  keep kyrie Irving and hayward to add to all the young pieces.

the 76ers suck.  even if you add leBron to that team the celtics are still better than them.  Ben Simmons is the most overrated player in the league today.  The Celtics said we're going to not defend you on the primeter and we have the guys to follow you on cuts and the guy was completely useless.  76ers is like the worst team to go to unless you going to trade simmons for a guy who can actually be useful without the ball against top tier teams.

There's one point I see being made repeatedly (not here, but in general) that I just don't understand.  People keep saying that Los Angeles and the Lakers give LeBron the best chance for LeBron to sell himself off the court, to make more money off the court, etc. In this day and age, I really do not understand all of that.  LeBron James is already a global icon and has so many different sponsors/endorsements already.  He makes an insane amount of money off the court.  Why does where he plays at matter? 

Then you have some people who say that the lifestyle in Los Angeles is better than most places.  That's probably true, but when you're a professional athlete like LeBron James - how often are you actually at home?  That lifestyle argument sounds like more of an argument that his wife and kids would make rather than him.  

I just don't understand why people are still strung out on the Los Angeles/New York mega markets.  If you're a dominant team and public figure, you will get all the publicity no matter what.  How often are the Knicks on television?  How often do people in the national media talk about Knicks?  The answer to both questions is rarely because they're a bad team.  At this point in time, the large markets need LeBron James MUCH more than LeBron James needs the large markets.

9 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

If Lebron goes to Philly, that team isn’t even guaranteed to get by Boston. We dismantled that team without Kyrie and Hayward. A rookie was basically our go to guy...

Why does everyone act like Philly has reached their peak? This is a team of young guys who just had their first taste of postseason basketball. Simmons was in his first season of pro basketball. Why do people talk like these guys aren't going to get any better?

1 hour ago, l3lind golfer said:

you really think playing with a choking loser like james Harden is going to entice leBron to go to the Rockets?  The best chance for LeBron in the west is to go to the Spurs.  That's it.  if i'm the celtics i wouldn't even want LeBron on my team.  he's getting old and they have to strip too much of their team to get him.  keep kyrie Irving and hayward to add to all the young pieces.

the 76ers suck.  even if you add leBron to that team the celtics are still better than them.  Ben Simmons is the most overrated player in the league today.  The Celtics said we're going to not defend you on the primeter and we have the guys to follow you on cuts and the guy was completely useless.  76ers is like the worst team to go to unless you going to trade simmons for a guy who can actually be useful without the ball against top tier teams.

lmfao

2 hours ago, l3lind golfer said:

oh welcome back.  i see you back to your trolling ways. why the heck would he go to the spurs given how the kawhi situation is right now?  houston is clearly the best option for lebron and based on tonight the rockets have a legit shot at getting him.  

Archived