LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

If you pull that card than the ‘15 titles gets an easy * next to it with Love and Irving being hurt for that series  

I can see why people would think Cavs would’ve won in ‘15 due to the fact it went 6. Warriors still would’ve won that series in my opinion, the reason why they struggled initially is because Cleveland basically injured themselves into a defensive team and played a style of basketball that could slow down the Warriors initially. 2016, yeah it’s not close. That was still one of the single greatest teams ever who were up 3-1. 

16 hours ago, l3lind golfer said:

bro why do people keep saying kevin durant joined the best team in the league.  THE WARRIORS WERE NOT THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE WHEN DURANT JOINED THEM.  

Hey man you're stealing my posting bad takes ironically role. Get a new slant.

TBH, I don't care whether Cleveland was the best team or not in 2016. This city has had enough heartbreak and been the better/best team and come up short more than their fair share of times (I'm still not ready to talk about that 1997 World Series) we were past due to catch a break.

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:
11 hours ago, buno67 said:

If you pull that card than the ‘15 titles gets an easy * next to it with Love and Irving being hurt for that series  

I can see why people would think Cavs would’ve won in ‘15 due to the fact it went 6. Warriors still would’ve won that series in my opinion, the reason why they struggled initially is because Cleveland basically injured themselves into a defensive team and played a style of basketball that could slow down the Warriors initially. 2016, yeah it’s not close. That was still one of the single greatest teams ever who were up 3-1. 

I think in '15 and '16 the Cavs were very closely matched when 100% healthy, but the Warriors were still better, and the best team in the league.

14 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

ok, KD joined a team that was one shot away from winning back to back titles instead of 'the best team in the league'. That classification really demeans those GS teams imo.

Lebron joined a team and players, none of which had won a playoff series in 5 years. Just a tiny bit different. And people blasted him for that. 

LeBron joining the Heat with Bosh would've been like if KD joined the Spurs instead of the Warriors.  Joining a team that when combined with other players could've gotten over the road block of the current top tier/super team in Boston/GS.  If LeBron joined Boston instead, then it would've been similar to KD joining the Warriors.

Pelicans actually have the means to create a ridiculous super team.

Pheonix gets
SF Solomon Hill
New Orleans 2020 1st round pick

New Orleans gets
2020 2nd round pick heavily protected

Cleveland gets
SG Etwaun Moore
C Alexis Ajinca
C Cheick Diallo
PG Frank Jackson
2019 1st round pick (post draft deal)
2022 1st round pick

New Orleans gets
SF Lebron James

OKC gets
C Boogie Cousins (S&T)

New Orleans gets
SF Paul George (S&T)

Jrue Holliday
Paul George
Lebron James
Nikola Mirotic
Anthony Davis

Fill out the roster with vets. Insane lineup.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You don't even need PG to compete. LBJ/AD/Holiday plus shooters like Mirotic would be enough to challenge the Warriors. 

Agreed, but adding PG would be insanity. Grab some ring chasers like Luc Mbah A Moute, Channing Frye, etc. to space the floor.

That team would be insane and its so odd because rumors are Lebron isn't even considering them. I get New Orleans isn't appealing but outside of Boston I feel like thats by far the best team that could make it work.

9 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Agreed, but adding PG would be insanity. Grab some ring chasers like Luc Mbah A Moute, Channing Frye, etc. to space the floor.

That team would be insane and its so odd because rumors are Lebron isn't even considering them. I get New Orleans isn't appealing but outside of Boston I feel like thats by far the best team that could make it work.

Probably a combination of the amount of moves that would need to be made to bring LeBron in, if Cousins does resign but isn't traded then how is the fit of LeBron/AD/Cousins due to spacing etc.  If Cousins is traded is a S&T for Paul even likely as I don't think OKC would want another C as Adams has played well for them and still has a bit on his contract I think.  I guess it comes down to where Cousins would want to go to determining his return as Cousins would have to agree to be sent there, like does Cousins want to go to OKC even.

Then you have to ask if LeBron would want to take his family down to New Orleans.  Where ever he plays next year, his family will be in the same city.  I guess his family/kids will have a say in where he decides to play next year so that is another consideration in the process.

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

Probably a combination of the amount of moves that would need to be made to bring LeBron in, if Cousins does resign but isn't traded then how is the fit of LeBron/AD/Cousins due to spacing etc.  If Cousins is traded is a S&T for Paul even likely as I don't think OKC would want another C as Adams has played well for them and still has a bit on his contract I think.  I guess it comes down to where Cousins would want to go to determining his return as Cousins would have to agree to be sent there, like does Cousins want to go to OKC even.

Then you have to ask if LeBron would want to take his family down to New Orleans.  Where ever he plays next year, his family will be in the same city.  I guess his family/kids will have a say in where he decides to play next year so that is another consideration in the process.

Definitely a lot of moving parts, but that team is insane. I feel like if OKC has the option of Boogie or nobody, they'd take the deal but maybe not.

39 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Pheonix gets
SF Solomon Hill

New Orleans gets

Cleveland gets
SG Etwaun Moore
C Alexis Ajinca
C Cheick Diallo
PG Frank Jackson
2022 1st round pick

New Orleans gets
SF Lebron James

OKC gets
C Boogie Cousins (S&T)

New Orleans gets
SF Paul George (S&T)

Jrue Holliday
Paul George
Lebron James
Nikola Mirotic
Anthony Davis

I dont think you can do a double sign and trade

40 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Pheonix gets
SF Solomon Hill

New Orleans gets

Cleveland gets
SG Etwaun Moore
C Alexis Ajinca
C Cheick Diallo
PG Frank Jackson
2022 1st round pick

New Orleans gets
SF Lebron James

OKC gets
C Boogie Cousins (S&T)

New Orleans gets
SF Paul George (S&T)

Jrue Holliday
Paul George
Lebron James
Nikola Mirotic
Anthony Davis

also the Sign and trade puts them at a hard cap, which those 5 guys alone are over. Mirotic would have to go and only vet mins would be able to sign, not MLE or anything else. 

I think Lebron should look at some teams that no one is mentioning. He should go to the Cavs ownership and say "I am leaving, will you be willing to work out a trade for me if I opt in." If they do the right thing and say yes, then Lebron has so many more options. He could easily join one of the East's middle of the road teams, make the finals again and be better than the Cavs were this season. 

here are some ideas

Join the Wizards. Otto Ports and Markieff Morris for Lebron, John Wall and Mahinmi for Lebron, Bradley Beal and Gortat for Lebron....there are so many different ways for the wizards to trade one of their 3 stars for Lebron. I think send Wall out and getting the cavs to eat the Mahinmi deal would be the best route to go. Cavs would probably still be a playoff team with Wall/Love and the guys around them. Wizards would have a starting 5 of Beal/Porter/Lebron/Morris/Gortat. That surround Lebron with some really good shooters who dont have to play on ball. 

Join the Bucks. Trade Maker/Bledsoe/Middleton for Lebron. It teams him with Giannis, and they can bring back Parker plus Brogdon. The depth isnt really there, but putting Lebron/Giannis together would be amazing. 

Send him to the Raptors for Powell, Val, Miles and picks. Lowry/Derozan/Lebron/Ibaka very solid big 4. 

even out west there are some interesting moves

Grizzlies send #4, chandler parsons and Green for Lebron. Conley/Lebron/Gasol is pretty decent

Portland for McCullom and Aminu

Utah for Rubio and Ingles

i am just throwing stuff out there at this point, but i would love to see him make an insane move of some kind. Maybe go to the Knicks for Lee, Noah and the 9th pick. Lee could be sent to a 3rd team, and the cavs eat Noah's deal for another top 10 pick. Not the best basketball move for Lebron, but man it would be great. 

20 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think Lebron should look at some teams that no one is mentioning. He should go to the Cavs ownership and say "I am leaving, will you be willing to work out a trade for me if I opt in." If they do the right thing and say yes, then Lebron has so many more options. He could easily join one of the East's middle of the road teams, make the finals again and be better than the Cavs were this season. 

here are some ideas

Join the Wizards. Otto Ports and Markieff Morris for Lebron, John Wall and Mahinmi for Lebron, Bradley Beal and Gortat for Lebron....there are so many different ways for the wizards to trade one of their 3 stars for Lebron. I think send Wall out and getting the cavs to eat the Mahinmi deal would be the best route to go. Cavs would probably still be a playoff team with Wall/Love and the guys around them. Wizards would have a starting 5 of Beal/Porter/Lebron/Morris/Gortat. That surround Lebron with some really good shooters who dont have to play on ball. 

Join the Bucks. Trade Maker/Bledsoe/Middleton for Lebron. It teams him with Giannis, and they can bring back Parker plus Brogdon. The depth isnt really there, but putting Lebron/Giannis together would be amazing. 

Send him to the Raptors for Powell, Val, Miles and picks. Lowry/Derozan/Lebron/Ibaka very solid big 4. 

even out west there are some interesting moves

Grizzlies send #4, chandler parsons and Green for Lebron. Conley/Lebron/Gasol is pretty decent

Portland for McCullom and Aminu

Utah for Rubio and Ingles

i am just throwing stuff out there at this point, but i would love to see him make an insane move of some kind. Maybe go to the Knicks for Lee, Noah and the 9th pick. Lee could be sent to a 3rd team, and the cavs eat Noah's deal for another top 10 pick. Not the best basketball move for Lebron, but man it would be great. 

It's only the right thing if the team he wants to go to has something of value that is worth $100 million in repeater tax.  LeBron never fully committed to the Cavs or took a pay cut to be willing to bring in additional help.  He also told Cavs ownership he wanted his boys JR and Tristan paid...  If LeBron had committed long-term then there was a Paul George/Kyrie Irving swap available, but PG wasn't willing to commit if LeBron wasn't committed so the Cavs went with the higher upside of IT potentially being healthy, the Brooklyn pick, and quality role players like Crowder.

I think if the Wizards were willing to offer Beal/Gortat for LeBron that would be the best trade the Cavs could hope for as I doubt Memphis or Portland agree to a trade that doesn't include LeBron extending for some number of years prior to the trade.  With Washington I think it would be a little more likely that he would resign but also think they might request that he extend as well.  I think a more realistic option is that LeBron opts-in this year, the Cavs stand pat for the most part adding the #8 pick, possibly look to move Hill & JR's virtually expiring contracts at the trade deadline and see where they end up.  Maybe Charlotte isn't doing great and decide to start rebuilding and decide that getting rid of Batum's albatross contract is worth Kemba Walker, especially if they draft someone like Colin Sexton with their pick.  So Hill and JR for Batum & Walker.  Cleveland takes on a bad contract for a chance to compete one more year with LeBron, going with Walker/Hood/LeBron/Nance/Love with TT/#8/Clarkson/Osman/Batum off the bench.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

It's only the right thing if the team he wants to go to has something of value that is worth $100 million in repeater tax.  LeBron never fully committed to the Cavs or took a pay cut to be willing to bring in additional help.  He also told Cavs ownership he wanted his boys JR and Tristan paid...  If LeBron had committed long-term then there was a Paul George/Kyrie Irving swap available, but PG wasn't willing to commit if LeBron wasn't committed so the Cavs went with the higher upside of IT potentially being healthy, the Brooklyn pick, and quality role players like Crowder.

I think if the Wizards were willing to offer Beal/Gortat for LeBron that would be the best trade the Cavs could hope for as I doubt Memphis or Portland agree to a trade that doesn't include LeBron extending for some number of years prior to the trade.  With Washington I think it would be a little more likely that he would resign but also think they might request that he extend as well.  I think a more realistic option is that LeBron opts-in this year, the Cavs stand pat for the most part adding the #8 pick, possibly look to move Hill & JR's virtually expiring contracts at the trade deadline and see where they end up.  Maybe Charlotte isn't doing great and decide to start rebuilding and decide that getting rid of Batum's albatross contract is worth Kemba Walker, especially if they draft someone like Colin Sexton with their pick.  So Hill and JR for Batum & Walker.  Cleveland takes on a bad contract for a chance to compete one more year with LeBron, going with Walker/Hood/LeBron/Nance/Love with TT/#8/Clarkson/Osman/Batum off the bench.

You're not getting Beal in a S&T though... Lebron wouldn't want Beal to leave, would kind of defeat the purpose. 

Archived