LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

3 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

You're not getting Beal in a S&T though... Lebron wouldn't want Beal to leave, would kind of defeat the purpose. 

Agreed, I was simply responding to the trade proposed.  If the Warriors wanted to switch things up though, I think a Beal + Mahimni for Love + TT would be a good swap if Love agrees to a contract extension before hand.  The Wizards are in a strange position of being good, but not able to rebuild due to contracts/too good for better picks.  With the #15 picks best players likely being a choice between Zhaire Smith, Lonnie Walker, Donte DiVicenzo, etc it would let them open up playing time that Beal would've otherwise occupied.  The Cavs get a longterm contract on a SG they can look to build around along with the #8 pick.  Both teams get to shake things up while keeping their level of play the same.

4 hours ago, Raves said:

I think in '15 and '16 the Cavs were very closely matched when 100% healthy, but the Warriors were still better, and the best team in the league.

I don’t think in 2016 it was close at all. We are talking about an historically great team. Arguably best ever. If you think they were close then the Cavs also are one of the best ever too which is ludicrous. Soooo many things had to go wrong for the Warriors to even just to get to a Kyrie game winner.

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t think in 2016 it was close at all. We are talking about an historically great team. Arguably best ever. If you think they were close then the Cavs also are one of the best ever too which is ludicrous. Soooo many things had to go wrong for the Warriors to even just to get to a Kyrie game winner.

I think very might've been a poor choice of words.  They were close enough that they could beat them in a series, but if that series was played 10 times, the Cavs would win maybe 2-3 of them, including the one that they did.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

On another topic, do you guys see Philly being a fit for LeBron. I don’t see it.

I don't think it's a fit as LeBron is too ball dominant to play off of Simmons.  PG/Leonard are both much better fits, or if they could somehow get a trade + max extension for Klay Thompson or Bradley Beal even.

It's so funny to me when people say that Lavar Ball, the Lakers media circus and all the nonsense (Lonzo's diss track, etc) will deter LeBron from going to the Lakers.  Guys, LeBron went back to the Cleveland Cavaliers and it is well documented that he does not like Dan Gilbert.  Why did he go back?  Because he wanted to.  He felt he had unfinished business in Cleveland and really wanted to win one there.  LeBron is going to go where he wants to go, period.  If LeBron wants to go to the Lakers, then he will be there.  If LeBron does not end up on the Lakers it's because he found a place better suited for what he and his family desire.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's so funny to me when people say that Lavar Ball, the Lakers media circus and all the nonsense (Lonzo's diss track, etc) will deter LeBron from going to the Lakers.  Guys, LeBron went back to the Cleveland Cavaliers and it is well documented that he does not like Dan Gilbert.  Why did he go back?  Because he wanted to.  He felt he had unfinished business in Cleveland and really wanted to win one there.  LeBron is going to go where he wants to go, period.  If LeBron wants to go to the Lakers, then he will be there.  If LeBron does not end up on the Lakers it's because he found a place better suited for what he and his family desire.

Unless his family wants to go to LA, I'm not sure he would pick there from strictly a basketball sense if he still wants to win.  Unless they completely blow up the team and get some players taking less, including LeBron, they wouldn't be able to field a team that could beat the Rockets let alone the Warriors.  Then it becomes how much the Lakers were willing to sacrifice their future for the present to even hope to get to that point.  Even with 2 max contracts, LeBron + PG or LeBron + Cousins, after what they would have to trade away to make the cap room, would they still be good enough?  Deng + Lonzo/Ingram would likely need to be sent and that's after renouncing all the cap holds.  So you would be left with Lebron/Max/(Lonzo/Ingram)/Kuzma/Hart and then vet minimums to sign.  Now if the Lakers renounce their cap holds and could convince PG + Cousins to take a little less than max, then I could see the lakers being able to convince the Cavs to take the repeater tax penalty in a opt-in trade of LeBron for Deng/Ingram/Lonzo(to a 3rd team) 

That would give the Lakers #27/PG/LeBron/Kuzma/Cousins with Zubac off the bench and vet mins etc to fill out the rest of the roster.

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

So many things had to go wrong? Injury and a one game suspension. That’s not really a lot. Big deal if Green was suspended for the final three games but he wasn’t. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

So many things had to go wrong? Injury and a one game suspension. That’s not really a lot. Big deal if Green was suspended for the final three games but he wasn’t. 

Yes a lot of things had to go wrong for Warriors and yet it still came down to the last shot in game 7. It took for Steph to slip on a wet spot, took Harrison Barnes to be incompetent, took Draymond to get suspended for a game whilst swinging the momentum, Bogut to get injured and Iggy to have a bad back. All that happened and yet the Cavs won by the slimmest of margins. 

my dream scenario for lebron might still be the Clippers. with the two pretty decent draft picks they have, as well as a whole lot of their cap on shorter deals, they are actually really well set up to cut a lot of room. think they could do enough to keep a decent amount of their core and be able to get lebron and george, maybe assuming a sign and trade for one of them.

got Teodosic and Johnson on expiring deals after 2018 for about 6 mill each

22 mil in expiring contracts for Rivers and Boban too, though it would be good to try and keep them, since both guys are pretty valuable bench pieces

toughest piece to move is Gallo, but with his deal only being 2 more years and the fact he was a decent piece the year before, you can attach one of the picks to him and move him

get Deandre to come back, pick up team option on Beverley, did the math and I think you have about 79m committed, including Rivers and Boban

add lebron and george and you have

-Beverley / LouWil
-George / Rivers
-Bron / Dekker / vet?
-Harris / Harrell / vet?
-DeAndre / Boban

that's as good a situation as you're going to get for bron (and george) imo. that team's great defensively, great coach with a ton of experience and respect, got shooters, got ball handlers to take some of the load off (but who can still play off ball). got rebounding, including maybe the best in the league. and they get to do it all in LA, where it seems they both want to be.

call me crazy but I think that's objectively better than what it would be if they went to the Lakers together, or if Bron went to Houston.

Any team that gets LeBron is going to be a top 3 team. Even the terrible teams because they have cap space and solid draft picks. LeBron in Brooklyn guarantees that garbage squad a chance at playing in the ECF. There is no other player in the league that could do this.

Think about him going to the worst team in the NBA:

PG: (LeBron James)

SG: Devin Booker

SF: Josh Jackson/TJ Warren

PF: (Paul George)

C: DeAndre Ayton

Basically LeBron can go anywhere and more than likely get another superstar to tag along with him. This horrendous Phoenix Suns team would be a nightmare for just about everyone in the NBA.

As a Cavs fan I obviously want LeBron back, but as a Golden State Warriors hater, I want to see him go build a superteam and take down that obnoxious squad. He's not going to do that in Cleveland and would honestly be lucky to do that anywhere else. That Golden State squad is just ridiculous. 

12 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yes a lot of things had to go wrong for Warriors and yet it still came down to the last shot in game 7. It took for Steph to slip on a wet spot, took Harrison Barnes to be incompetent, took Draymond to get suspended for a game whilst swinging the momentum, Bogut to get injured and Iggy to have a bad back. All that happened and yet the Cavs won by the slimmest of margins. 

Sounds like excuse after excuse after excuse. 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Do some people not realize that there is a thing called a Salary Cap? I keep reading all kinds of stuff on here that just totally blow off the fact that there is a cap. 

Of course we do. Its pretty easy to work around though. What deal are you concerned about? Teams can dump salary, stretch contracts, trade for non guaranteed contracts to cut guys. Always a way around the cap my man.

This is also rich coming from a Rockets fan talking about signing Lebron and keeping Capela..............

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

my dream scenario for lebron might still be the Clippers. with the two pretty decent draft picks they have, as well as a whole lot of their cap on shorter deals, they are actually really well set up to cut a lot of room. think they could do enough to keep a decent amount of their core and be able to get lebron and george, maybe assuming a sign and trade for one of them.

got Teodosic and Johnson on expiring deals after 2018 for about 6 mill each

22 mil in expiring contracts for Rivers and Boban too, though it would be good to try and keep them, since both guys are pretty valuable bench pieces

toughest piece to move is Gallo, but with his deal only being 2 more years and the fact he was a decent piece the year before, you can attach one of the picks to him and move him

get Deandre to come back, pick up team option on Beverley, did the math and I think you have about 79m committed, including Rivers and Boban

add lebron and george and you have

-Beverley / LouWil
-George / Rivers
-Bron / Dekker / vet?
-Harris / Harrell / vet?
-DeAndre / Boban

that's as good a situation as you're going to get for bron (and george) imo. that team's great defensively, great coach with a ton of experience and respect, got shooters, got ball handlers to take some of the load off (but who can still play off ball). got rebounding, including maybe the best in the league. and they get to do it all in LA, where it seems they both want to be.

call me crazy but I think that's objectively better than what it would be if they went to the Lakers together, or if Bron went to Houston.

You're crazy. That team ain't close to what Houston, Boston, LA, hell even New Orleans could put together. 

Lebron is nuts if he goes to Clippers.

Archived