LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

Just now, CWood21 said:

The problem is if they sign LeBron, the most the Sixers could offer Redick is the Miami Heat exception.  And I believe that's projected around $4.4M.  Redick should easily get double that, if not triple that on a long-term deal.

Yep, and that's the issue. Maybe the 76ers and Redick had a wink wink deal that got him paid 23 million last season in return he would take far less than market value the following season if they got a high priced free agent? Lol

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He is the best player in the league, but he is also entering his 16th season. Do you really believe he could continue to play this same style for the next three or four years? Either he adjusts his game or his body falls apart. And Kobe did adjust his game. He was more on the perimeter earlier in his career and then started operating in the post during the latter part of his career. And that was a big reason he was so dominant 17 seasons in which is unheard of for a perimeter player. 

Simmons will still be able to handle the ball plenty. That's not going to change. What is going to change is the 76ers will go from averaging the most passes in the league to average at best with LeBron. That's not exactly a bad thing either as it leads to less turnovers. And LeBron doesn't have to operate primarily off the post, just more than he did this past season. In Miami by year two and three, he was in the post a lot more than any part of his career. So he could certainly could do it even though he doesn't prefer it. He's still super human but his athleticism is only going to dip from here on out. LeBron is a smart guy and will tweak his game accordingly to continue being elite for as long as he could. 

Just imagine LeBron running a pick and roll with Simmons and Simmons catching it on the roll with Redick/Saric/or any other shooter in the corner. The offense will have so much potential, but it will take all three guys sacrificing some part of their game. Or a LeBron/Embiid pick and roll/pop which he could do both of them. A guy like Love is strictly a pick and pop guy, and a damn good one, but Embiid would be able to do both. Simmons also is a great cutter and has a high BBIQ and will be able to be effective even if LeBron has the ball at the top of the key. 

This would work, but they will need to sign some shooters, preferably Redick. 

lebrons ego may be a problem there. im not saying kobe didnt have one but his obsession to winning was greater imo. im not sure if bron could accept taking the ball out of his hand,and despite his size hes never really been a post up guy.

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I could potentially see him leaving, but if he does it's because he wants to have a go at being the man. Don't understand why he'd go from being 3rd on the Warriors to 3rd on the Lakers, unless he's developed a habit and really needs a bigger payday

If he needs the bigger payday, he will stay with the warriors. 

On 6/16/2018 at 11:17 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, and that's the issue. Maybe the 76ers and Redick had a wink wink deal that got him paid 23 million last season in return he would take far less than market value the following season if they got a high priced free agent? Lol

I could see Redick taking a paycut and a short term deal if Philly signs LeBron to try and get a ring.

So lets say PG ends up re-signing with OKC and Leonard gets traded to Boston, what does LeBron do then? Does he re-up with the Cavs? Or better yet does that force his hand to go to Philly? Windhorst kept bringing up Philly on the podcast and they may have a better shot than folks think. If Kawhi some how gets moved to the Lakers, then I think LeBron's decision becomes easy. If not, Philly or re-signing with the Cavs may be what he ends up doing.

Any chance he just re-sign a two year deal with an opt out option for year two and hits the market next year? 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So lets say PG ends up re-signing with OKC and Leonard gets traded to Boston, what does LeBron do then? Does he re-up with the Cavs? Or better yet does that force his hand to go to Philly? Windhorst kept bringing up Philly on the podcast and they may have a better shot than folks think. If Kawhi some how gets moved to the Lakers, then I think LeBron's decision becomes easy. If not, Philly or re-signing with the Cavs may be what he ends up doing.

Any chance he just re-sign a two year deal with an opt out option for year two and hits the market next year? 

That's possible.  I think a lot of people are dismissing Cleveland.  I said right after the Finals that I think LeBron will re-sign with the Cavaliers.  I know his chance to win there isn't super high, but in his defense the team is definitely overmatched and most people realize how terrible his surrounding cast actually is at the present state.

Maybe he stays with the Cavs and they try their best to re-work the roster they have.  Maybe try and trade the 8th overall pick and some combination of other players (maybe Love?) and bring in some new blood.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

That's possible.  I think a lot of people are dismissing Cleveland.  I said right after the Finals that I think LeBron will re-sign with the Cavaliers.  I know his chance to win there isn't super high, but in his defense the team is definitely overmatched and most people realize how terrible his surrounding cast actually is at the present state.

Maybe he stays with the Cavs and they try their best to re-work the roster they have.  Maybe try and trade the 8th overall pick and some combination of other players (maybe Love?) and bring in some new blood.

I dont think the cast in Cleveland is as bad as people are making it out to be but it definitely isnt working playing with LeBron and is probably just a treadmill playoff team in talent without LeBron (obviously filling the gap from LeBron with at least an average level player.  A lot of guys that would be great fits on other teams on their way to a championship, but outside of Love no real key piece to go with LeBron.

Just now, 49er pride said:

My biggest fear is that he ends up like Clarkson and just chucks away.

He already kinda does. Not quite to Clarkson's extent but Kuzma took 15 shots per game as a starter. Maybe not a colossal chucker but, whenever I watched him, I really didn't like how he played. I dunno, I don't see him getting much better than his current 18/7 line as a starter. That's not bad, obviously, but he's not someone you don't cash in on for a superstar.

11 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

He already kinda does. Not quite to Clarkson's extent but Kuzma took 15 shots per game as a starter. Maybe not a colossal chucker but, whenever I watched him, I really didn't like how he played. I dunno, I don't see him getting much better than his current 18/7 line as a starter. That's not bad, obviously, but he's not someone you don't cash in on for a superstar.

As long as he continues to shoot at a respectable level, is that an issue?  I mean, he shot 45% from the field and 37% from beyond the arc.  I don't think a slight improvement is all that unreasonable, so if he shots 47/39 next year and he's still shooting at a similar rate that's not a chucker.  In Clarkson's last two full seasons with the Lakers, he averaged 44% from the field on 13.5 shots.  Last year, Kuzma shot 45% from the field on 13.5 shots.  That's his floor IMO.

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Kuzma is older than Trey Lyles 

Sometimes easy to lose track of the development track on guys that come out early vs guys that come out as upperclassmen

We're talking about someone who will be 23 next month, let's stop pretend like he was a 25 year old rookie.

Archived