LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

4 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Yeah. The Decision was probably his biggest and honestly maybe only PR mistake he has made.

Hopefully we can get a S&T from wherever he wants to go to get some assets back. Trade Love, Korver, JR, TT, Hill, anyone you can and go into full tank mode like Philly did.

I mean depending on what the Cavs want to do, full reboot or try to still compete, I think the young players on this roster are better than people give credit for they just can't get playing time while LeBron is here outside of spot minutes because you want to keep the vets in that are known quantities.  I also wish we could've found a way to get a few 2nd rounders last night.  Guys like Khyrie Thomas, KBD, and Mitchell Robinson had 1st round talent and even if it meant taking on 2 year bad contracts like Deng/Parsons/Mozgov/Mahinmi/Ryan Anderson to get the picks for them in exchange for Hill/JR's semi-expiring contracts it would've been worth it.  I think even if LeBron leaves the Cavs have a chance at the playoffs.  Sexton + Love would be a good PnR combo, the offense not being focused on LeBron means that the improved ball movement that is similar to what guys like Clarkson/Hood/Hill etc were used to prior to coming to Cleveland were used to would improve their games as well, also would let us showcase Kevin Love more and let him go back to more of his Minnesota role which if we do end up trading him at the trade deadline would really improve his value.  I like the young guys we got though, they all seem hungry and have potential if they got the minutes needed to develop more.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I personally think that if LeBron leaves, the Cavs will regret passing on Porter Jr., even with the potential medical issues.

JMHO

If Porter Jr. ends up fine medically there will likely be 10-11 teams that will regret passing on Porter Jr, not just the Cavs.  But Sexton seems like he will be a really good player considering his toughness and current skills, so I think the Cavs at least got themselves a potential All Star.

Just now, Raves said:

If Porter Jr. ends up fine medically there will likely be 10-11 teams that will regret passing on Porter Jr, not just the Cavs.  But Sexton seems like he will be a really good player considering his toughness and current skills, so I think the Cavs at least got themselves a potential All Star.

Porter Jr. back has to be bad.. Lot of guys have had some concerns and still went top 5. He seemed like someone a lot of teams viewed as untouchable

1 minute ago, FEARtheELF said:

Porter Jr. back has to be bad.. Lot of guys have had some concerns and still went top 5. He seemed like someone a lot of teams viewed as untouchable

Oh I agree, but you can be looked at as having major red flags medically and end up being fine going forward.  I mean look at Drew Brees and Peyton Manning.  Both had injuries where people thought they wouldn't be able to play anymore, let alone at a high level, but Brees ends up setting all sorts of records in New Orleans, and Manning had one of the greatest seasons ever.  So if he ends up not having any major/lasting issues going forward, plenty of teams will be kicking themselves regardless of their current team situations.

22 minutes ago, Raves said:

Oh I agree, but you can be looked at as having major red flags medically and end up being fine going forward.  I mean look at Drew Brees and Peyton Manning.  Both had injuries where people thought they wouldn't be able to play anymore, let alone at a high level, but Brees ends up setting all sorts of records in New Orleans, and Manning had one of the greatest seasons ever.  So if he ends up not having any major/lasting issues going forward, plenty of teams will be kicking themselves regardless of their current team situations.

Its just hard to say we should have done A instead of B when we really dont know the details.

But I totally get where you are coming from. Porter Jr as a player can be great.

3 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Its just hard to say we should have done A instead of B when we really dont know the details.

But I totally get where you are coming from. Porter Jr as a player can be great.

I think the Cavs made the right decision regardless of how Porter Jr ends up being medically going forward.  Although Porter Jr has the ability to end up being the next KD, his medical likely has him just as likely to be the next Greg Oden.  At that point give me the potential All Star PG that has arguably the biggest competitive drive in the draft.  I mean dude played 3v5 and still almost got his team into a position to win... you can't teach that, you can't coach that, that's like Jordan-esque type mentality.

Cavs making the playoffs without LeBron? You guys bringing in some other all star caliber player or something? To make the playoffs this team would have to be top 5-7 offensively since it will be once again terrible defensively. Granted, Sexton should help in that area but too many liabilities on that end of the floor. I guess you could play Osman more but then the offense is going to be bad with him and TT on the floor. 

Will the ball movement improve without LeBron? Sure, but folks are obsessed with ball movement as if that guarantees a better offense. Spoiler alert, not always the case. You want lethal offensive players to isolate and have the ball in their hands. But one thing that will help the Cavs without LeBron is better off ball movement. Still, this team is winning max 30-32 games. 

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cavs making the playoffs without LeBron? You guys bringing in some other all star caliber player or something? To make the playoffs this team would have to be top 5-7 offensively since it will be once again terrible defensively. Granted, Sexton should help in that area but too many liabilities on that end of the floor. I guess you could play Osman more but then the offense is going to be bad with him and TT on the floor. 

Will the ball movement improve without LeBron? Sure, but folks are obsessed with ball movement as if that guarantees a better offense. Spoiler alert, not always the case. You want lethal offensive players to isolate and have the ball in their hands. But one thing that will help the Cavs without LeBron is better off ball movement. Still, this team is winning max 30-32 games. 

If LeBron leaves I’d imagine it’s full tank mode.

Move Love for a pick/picks and JR and Hill can be dumps during the season for picks.

Going all in without LBJ would be dumb imo.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If LeBron leaves I’d imagine it’s full tank mode.

Move Love for a pick/picks and JR and Hill can be dumps during the season for picks.

Going all in without LBJ would be dumb imo.

Dumping jr for picks? Yeah that’s not happening. No one wants him. 

36 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

His partially expiring contract for a contract that opens up cap space in 2019 will get some sort of picks.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not completely unreasonable to think they could make the Playoffs if they don't move Love, especially if they keep Hood on the cheap.  Some combination of Sexton/Hood/Osman/Nance/Love/TT starting line-up, Hill and JR would likely end up getting moved for contracts with 2-2 years of guaranteed money on them for teams wanting to open up cap space in 2019 and it might be able to get them a good but overpaid player out of it.  Maybe the Suns would be willing to move TJ Warren + Brandon Knight for George Hill which would give the Suns a veteran PG that that could help mentor their rookie while dumping the bad contract of Brandon Knight and removing some of the logjam for playing time with Mikal/Jackson/Warren would have.  Lots of options to go without having to move Love and seeing them be a 7th or 8th seed without LeBron.

54 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I get that.  See the comment below. I’m not talking about a top 5 pick here.

16 minutes ago, Raves said:

His partially expiring contract for a contract that opens up cap space in 2019 will get some sort of picks.

Archived