LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

14 minutes ago, Raves said:

It's not completely unreasonable to think they could make the Playoffs if they don't move Love, especially if they keep Hood on the cheap.  Some combination of Sexton/Hood/Osman/Nance/Love/TT starting line-up, Hill and JR would likely end up getting moved for contracts with 2-2 years of guaranteed money on them for teams wanting to open up cap space in 2019 and it might be able to get them a good but overpaid player out of it.  Maybe the Suns would be willing to move TJ Warren + Brandon Knight for George Hill which would give the Suns a veteran PG that that could help mentor their rookie while dumping the bad contract of Brandon Knight and removing some of the logjam for playing time with Mikal/Jackson/Warren would have.  Lots of options to go without having to move Love and seeing them be a 7th or 8th seed without LeBron.

I think they end up with the 8 seed at best less LeBron

Celtics, 76ers, Raptors, Pacers, Bucks, Wizards, and probably the Pistons are all better. Would be competing with Miami and the Hornets for the last spot

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wait, why would the Suns do that trade? Getting rid of the Knight contract for 19-20? Meh, not like they are in cap trouble or anything. 

Like I said, max 30-32 wins. 

Ummm Hill is partially guaranteed as well so they would have max cap.  It was also just player + close enough matching contracts where they dump a bad contract, get a vet at PG that's better than what they were using, and help clean up some of hte logjam at the SF position.  I obviously expect the Cavs would need to add something else to the deal, but it was just 2 players, one of which the Cavs would actually want, where a team trades a good player, Warren isn't anything but just good, to get rid of a bad contract for future cap space.  I would fully expect the Cavs to need to add something else to the deal if it were to happen.

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

I think they end up with the 8 seed at best less LeBron

Celtics, 76ers, Raptors, Pacers, Bucks, Wizards, and probably the Pistons are all better. Would be competing with Miami and the Hornets for the last spot

I would expect the same as the 7th/8th seed.  The Bucks have a lot of question marks with free agents things year, several could get bigger deals than they care to pay and could lose a few.  Pistons have the players but it's yet to be seen.  Obviously if LeBron is gone that means other players would need to step up and without seeing how they perform we can't know for sure.  If some like Osman step up like I think they could, Hood with a more ball movement offense, Love going back to his role in an offense similar to Minnesota where the ball gets sent to him in the post where he can toss it back out as well not just get it within the last 8 seconds and need to make a shot like with LeBron, then I could see them making the playoffs.  If no one steps up I think they would be sitting just outside the playoffs.

41 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah we gotta go full tank 

hide yo kids hide yo wife

everybody not named Sexton gotta go 

Don't need to full tank, nor do I think I would want to, but I do think a lot of the veteran players that might be useful to a playoff team would get moved if that becomes the plan.

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I was gonna include Cedi

but nah he’s the only legit trade piece we have. Can’t stay attached he gotta go too 

You mean besides nearly 30 million in expiring contracts, after taking into account their partial guarantees.

52 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah we gotta go full tank 

hide yo kids hide yo wife

everybody not named Sexton gotta go 

We'll tank regardless if we trade anyone or not. This team can’t opperate without Lebron. It’ll be an unintentional tank. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Neither am I. I can’t see anyone taking him on even for nothing. 

What about for Luol Deng so that they can have the cap space to sign Kawhi outright in 2019 by shaving another 15 mil off their cap number?  How about to Houston for Ryan Anderson for similar reasons?  Plenty of teams wouldn't mind moving a bad contract and tossing some 2nds a late 1st.

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cavs making the playoffs without LeBron? You guys bringing in some other all star caliber player or something? To make the playoffs this team would have to be top 5-7 offensively since it will be once again terrible defensively. Granted, Sexton should help in that area but too many liabilities on that end of the floor. I guess you could play Osman more but then the offense is going to be bad with him and TT on the floor. 

Will the ball movement improve without LeBron? Sure, but folks are obsessed with ball movement as if that guarantees a better offense. Spoiler alert, not always the case. You want lethal offensive players to isolate and have the ball in their hands. But one thing that will help the Cavs without LeBron is better off ball movement. Still, this team is winning max 30-32 games. 

Yeah we’ll be on the treadmill of mediocrity if Lebron leaves and we keep the rest. I’ve been there with the Cavs and it’s horrible. We need to gut this team and tank hard. Fortunately coach Lue would be a great commander. 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We'll tank regardless if we trade anyone or not. This team can’t opperate without Lebron. It’ll be an unintentional tank. 

Yep the only reason we have any of these guys is to serve Lebron. Without him they are the Erie Island of misfits. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So supposedly LeBron's camp doesn't think PG leaves OKC. And if the Spurs don't trade for Kawhi then what? Does he still come to LA? 

No.  LeBron isn't coming to Los Angeles by himself to play with a bunch of youngsters.  Either way, this whole thing smells fishy.  I still think PG13 ends up in a Lakers' uniform, and if he does I think LeBron does as well.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:00 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

PG: Sexton | Hill 

SG: Clarkson | Smith 

SF: Hood | Korver | Osman 

PF: Love | Nance Jr 

C: Thompson | Zizic 

That team might get the 8th spot. 

Archived