LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Raves said:

What about for Luol Deng so that they can have the cap space to sign Kawhi outright in 2019 by shaving another 15 mil off their cap number?  How about to Houston for Ryan Anderson for similar reasons?  Plenty of teams wouldn't mind moving a bad contract and tossing some 2nds a late 1st.

If you're Cleveland, you're not doing any favors by trading LeBron to the Lakers (whether it be via S&T or him opting in), and I doubt the Lakers are going to send picks back to compensate the Cavaliers since they'd probably be trying to keep those same picks for Kawhi.  So you're essentially trading LeBron to the Lakers for a HUGE TPE, which I suppose is valuable in it's own right.

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No team starting Clarkson is getting the 8th seed in any conference lol.

I feel like a lot of Cleveland's players are better than they played last season. In bigger roles I think guys like Love, Hood, and Thompson would produce a lot more. 

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you're Cleveland, you're not doing any favors by trading LeBron to the Lakers (whether it be via S&T or him opting in), and I doubt the Lakers are going to send picks back to compensate the Cavaliers since they'd probably be trying to keep those same picks for Kawhi.  So you're essentially trading LeBron to the Lakers for a HUGE TPE, which I suppose is valuable in it's own right.

The Cavs aren't trading LeBron to the Lakers, they'd be trading JR Smith I think was the mentioned player in the line.  JR Smith will have value to teams that want to cut a lot of cap for the 2019 offseason, same with George Hill, especially if LeBron and George opt in and Leonard isn't traded to the Clippers/Lakers.  Then you add in the fact that Klay and several others could be FA...

3 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

If LeBron does stay in Cleveland do you think they could potentially make a move for Carmelo Anthony? He'd be cheap and he's close to LeBron. 

He wouldn’t be cheap to get. Cleveland would have To give up like 3-4 players to match salaries 

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

He wouldn’t be cheap to get. Cleveland would have To give up like 3-4 players to match salaries 

Honestly it depends. With the 125% rule, George Hill and Perkins gets it close enough to make the deal work. Would OKC want to move Melo enough to essentially trade expirings for expirings to save 7 mil or so? Hill and Korver would be nearly a match dollar for dollar, and give OKC a perimeter shooter that they could use. Korver doesn't necessarily need to be included. 

Cleveland gets

Carmelo Anthony

Dennis Schroder

Kent Bazemore

Melo and Bron get to play together. Schroder gives them another scorer who is an upgraded passer from Clarkson, who ATL is rumored to want to move, and Bazemore, who can defend the arc, is a good shooter, and would fit the dynamic of the Cavs

OKC gets 

George Hill

OKC moves Melo and saves nearly 9 mil in salary/tax penalty, making it easier for them to extend George financially

Atlanta gets 

JR Smith

Jordan Clarkson

player wise, ATL probably isn't getting close to equal value back. However, ATL would be able to buy out JR after 2018-2019 for only 3.8 mil, and Clarkson's final year is much less than Bazemore/Schroder. ATL would save about 17 mil in contracts in 2019-2020 by doing the trade. 

14 hours ago, buno67 said:

Cleveland receives

Carmelo Anthony 

Dennis Schroder 

Atlanta receives

Tristan Thompson

George Hill

Oklahoma City receives

Kent Bazemore 

4 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

Cleveland receives

Carmelo Anthony 

Dennis Schroder 

Atlanta receives

Tristan Thompson

George Hill

Oklahoma City receives

Kent Bazemore 

That trade is bad for all three teams. 

23 hours ago, Raves said:

The Cavs aren't trading LeBron to the Lakers, they'd be trading JR Smith I think was the mentioned player in the line.  JR Smith will have value to teams that want to cut a lot of cap for the 2019 offseason, same with George Hill, especially if LeBron and George opt in and Leonard isn't traded to the Clippers/Lakers.  Then you add in the fact that Klay and several others could be FA...

What's this proposed deal?

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Anyone else feel that the opt out (Friday) indicates where he's going?  If he's opting out, he's most likely going to lose money next year as his PO will likely come higher than his max salary.

He’s opting out either way. He always does. 

Archived