LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Get kawhi and boogie to the east. At least make it entertaining. 

Like......it could feasibly shake out that the Kings are the only really crap team?

If the Lakers pick up a FA. Mavs are in the Boogie/DJ rumors, and are going to be better regardless with Doncic. Suns are trying to win games and will be more competitive..could get a real point guard to go with their young talent. Grizz will miss the playoffs but are getting Conley and Gasol back. Spurs are still gonna Spur without Kawhi. OKC will still have Westbrook if they lose PG. Clippers will miss the playoffs but have real NBA players. It's gonna be wild

According to Woj, LeBron is hesitant to be the first person to sign with the Lakers.  That's partly why the Lakers are now aggressively trying to go after Kawhi Leonard.  If that doesn't work, Paul George is going to be a key player.  It's not certain that George will sign with the Lakers.  He may return to Oklahoma City.  

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

According to Woj, LeBron is hesitant to be the first person to sign with the Lakers.  That's partly why the Lakers are now aggressively trying to go after Kawhi Leonard.  If that doesn't work, Paul George is going to be a key player.  It's not certain that George will sign with the Lakers.  He may return to Oklahoma City.  

George isn’t actually staying in OKC. He just doesn’t want to be the bad guy right now so he’s leading them on. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

George isn’t actually staying in OKC. He just doesn’t want to be the bad guy right now so he’s leading them on. 

You might be correct with your thinking, but some reports are saying that he's seriously considering staying with the Thunder.  If he does that and the Spurs don't trade with the Lakers, then the cupboard kind of looks bare for LeBron with the Lakers.  At the end of the day, LeBron can just opt in and do this all over again next season haha.

I have a really hard time believing that these guys don't know what they want to do at this point.  It's damn near July, there's no way you can convince me that both Paul George and LeBron James don't know exactly what their plans are.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I have a really hard time believing that these guys don't know what they want to do at this point.  It's damn near July, there's no way you can convince me that both Paul George and LeBron James don't know exactly what their plans are.

They probably have tentative ideas, but Kawhi on the block changes a lot.

If PG signs with OKC, then the Lakers have to amp up their trade request for Kawhi, especially to get Lebron.

BUT, if PG signs with LA, I believe Lebron then follows. Leaving Kawhi out of the LAL loop. When that happens I truly believe Boston and Philly go in hard for Kawhi with Boston winning the sweepstakes. Kawhi will see that LAL will no longer have the money for him this or next season. That's when Boston/Ainge put on their full-court press for Kawhi. I don't want Boston to give up "too" much, but definitely think we can convince him to a long term extension.

This whole offseason really starts with PG, IMHO.

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

If PG signs with OKC, then the Lakers have to amp up their trade request for Kawhi, especially to get Lebron.

BUT, if PG signs with LA, I believe Lebron then follows. Leaving Kawhi out of the LAL loop. When that happens I truly believe Boston and Philly go in hard for Kawhi with Boston winning the sweepstakes. Kawhi will see that LAL will no longer have the money for him this or next season. That's when Boston/Ainge put on their full-court press for Kawhi. I don't want Boston to give up "too" much, but definitely think we can convince him to a long term extension.

This whole offseason really starts with PG, IMHO.

The Clippers have room for 2 max contracts next summer.  It's not just the Lakers; it's LA in general he wants to be in.  He just prefers the Lakers.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

The Clippers have room for 2 max contracts next summer.  It's not just the Lakers; it's LA in general he wants to be in.  He just prefers the Lakers.

might be right with LAC. Not sure who they can offer for this season though. Will Ainge gamble that he can resign Kawhi might be the million dollar question.

Archived