Reuben Foster suspended 2 games

49erurtaza

Expected this. Thought there was a chance he would get three but appeal and get it down to two. But obviously seems like the league and the team were involved in this and agreed to a two game suspension where it won't be appealed. 

Warner/Smith should start the season as the starting LBs. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Expected this. Thought there was a chance he would get three but appeal and get it down to two. But obviously seems like the league and the team were involved in this and agreed to a two game suspension where it won't be appealed. 

Warner/Smith should start the season as the starting LBs. 

Yep. I think you and I were on lock step together on what was going to happen. Not shocked. 

4 hours ago, MattVikings said:

hey 49er Fans. How would you say this suspension effects your defence in week 1 vs the vikings? how big was Foster for your defence last year?

He was great last year, so it will definitely hurt. Our third round linebacker, Fred Warner, looks like he picked stuff up pretty quickly in the offseason thus far and we also get Malcolm Smith back. So this doesn't look to hurt us nearly as bad as it happening last year would have. 

12 hours ago, MattVikings said:

hey 49er Fans. How would you say this suspension effects your defence in week 1 vs the vikings? how big was Foster for your defence last year?

You have to be careful anointing rookies, but I feel confident in saying Foster is already elite at his position. Foster has amazing instincts and is able to quickly diagnose the play. I believe our run defense will be affected the most. Guys like Warner/Smith should be able to get us by in the passing game, but neither of those two possess Foster's ability to stop the run. The LB who is best suited in the run game is Toomer, but he may be in a battle for a roster spot. 

7 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

He was great last year, so it will definitely hurt. Our third round linebacker, Fred Warner, looks like he picked stuff up pretty quickly in the offseason thus far and we also get Malcolm Smith back. So this doesn't look to hurt us nearly as bad as it happening last year would have. 

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You have to be careful anointing rookies, but I feel confident in saying Foster is already elite at his position. Foster has amazing instincts and is able to quickly diagnose the play. I believe our run defense will be affected the most. Guys like Warner/Smith should be able to get us by in the passing game, but neither of those two possess Foster's ability to stop the run. The LB who is best suited in the run game is Toomer, but he may be in a battle for a roster spot. 

Thanks for your responses guys! Can't wait for week 1. How is Jimmy G and the 49ers offense coming along this off season? gonna be tough seeing either the vikings or 49ers leaving the first game 0-1 as i believe both teams are gonna be playoff teams in the NFC

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, MattVikings said:

How is Jimmy G and the 49ers offense coming along this off season?

Splendidly. We added a couple of WRs this offseason so the offense should be able to score a lot of points. A lot of us have questions about the interior of our OL, but we added a new C and have three first round picks at guard. We will also have a rookie RT that a lot of us weren't terribly impressed with. He seems like he will be a solid player, but who knows

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, MattVikings said:

gonna be tough seeing the Vikings leaving the first game 0-1

FIFY

Archived