Potential Josh Gordon issue? *Will he report by Aug. 7th???*

buno67

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

True. The team has forced this deadline by moving him to the Did not Report list after initially placing him on the NFI list.

Now did they? I didn’t know they did that. 

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Now did they? I didn’t know they did that. 

I was mistaken. I misread that they had actually placed him on NFI first, just that they had that option.

The decision they made still resulted in a deadline to report, or the potential to lose an accrued year. Josh has lost an accrued year before, so no doubt that is motivation to get back by August 7th.

One thing that I find head scratching.  Browns have been saying they don’t want to talk in any detail about Gordon because they want to protect and honor his privacy and than Gordon goes and puts a little show on for cameras and his social media

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

One thing that I find head scratching.  Browns have been saying they don’t want to talk in any detail about Gordon because they want to protect and honor his privacy and than Gordon goes and puts a little show on for cameras and his social media

What’s head scratching about not wanting to discuss it? It’s not their business to discuss as far as treatment and such.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What’s head scratching about not wanting to discuss it? It’s not their business to discuss as far as treatment and such.

They talked about how Gordon wants to be private about what’s going on and the team wanted to honor it. I understand that from the franchise stand point but then he is releasing social media videos. You want to be private, be private. 

Reading my other post, it was worded weird. Just head scratching. Gordon wants things to be private, franchise says it will honor it and say it during interviews, which they did, and then gordon doesn’t stay private. 

I just don’t get the need to make a workout video and post it, with everything that is going on. Seems very very weird. 

Is he trying to show fans he is still working out as he still isn’t in camp. He hasn’t reported, so fans shouldn’t care about him working out or running routes, just want him to accomplish why he went to rehab. What is the thought process behind this video, that’s the head scratching part 

There's also a thing called the HIPPA privacy laws. The Browns are smart enough to know that if they talk about Josh's issues and treatment plans, even not publicly but amongst themselves at the office,  they could be sued for violation of privacy.

There were several health care professionals who were FIRED when it was discovered they had leaked information to the media regarding JPP's fireworks accident a few years back.

HIPPA is no joke.

13 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

There's also a thing called the HIPPA privacy laws. The Browns are smart enough to know that if they talk about Josh's issues and treatment plans they could be sued for violation of privacy.

There were several health care professionals who were FIRED when it was discovered they had leaked information to the media regarding JPP's fireworks accident a few years back.

HIPPA is no joke.

Oh I know about the hippa but I’m not sure off all the aspects  drug test are covered on. I tried looking it up and couldn’t find it. I know JPP stuff was bad cause you had some guys posting his X-rays. 

I believe hippa would of covered all aspects that they couldn’t say if he passed or failed. Also the browns could of just stated they couldn’t mention anything Becuase hippa. 

The nfl is weird with hippa becuase an injury report should be a violation becuase it’s disclosing a person’s medical information. Basically forcing teams to release that info should be a violation 

Buno - c'mon man.........

Are you trying to say double standards exist in the NFL???

LOL

Just like the NFL Players UNION. Why, if it is a UNION, all player contracts are negotiated individually? Why isn't it that a defensive back with three years experience and 5 career picks is paid a salary of $567,544.00 regardless who he plays for?

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Reading my other post, it was worded weird. Just head scratching. Gordon wants things to be private, franchise says it will honor it and say it during interviews, which they did, and then gordon doesn’t stay private. 

This is like saying "What I do with my wife in bed is my business and my business only!"

& then someone getting mad that I post a picture of us holding hands on the beach.

Archived