Kawhi Leonard Traded to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

If the Raptors know that Kawhi doesn't want to be there, and will leave anyway I don't see the point in the trade. I'd just ride Derozan and Lowry until the wheels fall off. Especially with GS at it's peak right now. Rebuild in two years. Not one year.

So ride off Derozan/Lowry for two years instead of going for it with Kawhi were at least one year? Come on man, what are you even saying here? This isn't hard to understand, and they didn't even give up one of their better young players. 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

If the Raptors know that Kawhi doesn't want to be there, and will leave anyway I don't see the point in the trade. I'd just ride Derozan and Lowry until the wheels fall off. Especially with GS at it's peak right now. Rebuild in two years. Not one year.

Im sorry but what? If you set on rebuilding, you start the process as soon as possible. Its crazy to me that people want to ride derozan and lowry out to the end. When casey was fired everybody was screaming its not him its lowry and derozan. So they got rid of one. For one year of a guy trying to get a max contract next year. 

Living almost my entire life in the GTA, I feel so bad for Demar. No other face of the franchise ever embraced Toronto the way he did. 

Funny that Lowry wanted to go to the Spurs last off-season and now Demar is sent there lol

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So ride off Derozan/Lowry for two years instead of going for it with Kawhi were at least one year? Come on man, what are you even saying here? This isn't hard to understand, and they didn't even give up one of their better young players. 

I mean, they aren't going to win though.

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

spurs front office has been terrible lately  

I would say this is an awful deal for San Antonio, but it's about what every other big name player has been traded for recently outside of Kyrie.  As you said, San Antonio's front office has really made some poor decisions over the last year.

I would say LA, Philadelphia, and Boston should be embarrassed, but you just never know what San Antonio wanted.  If they wanted star power then DeRozan is the best player (at least for 1 season) any of these teams was offering.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I mean, they aren't going to win though.

Just getting to the Finals is a huge accomplishment and something Toronto has never done, and a healthy Leonard gives them a shot.

If all you have to give up for a potential top 5 player is a significantly worse player, a back-up big man, and a heavily protected 1st, then you make that trade 100/100 times regardless of the circumstances.

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

spurs front office has been terrible lately  

I mean getting an all star in his prime is not bad at all especially with teams knowing Kawhi is likely only there for 1 year. I don’t see any way SA could have gotten more, especially with 0 leverage. I think it’s a job well done by their FO.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I would say this is an awful deal for San Antonio, but it's about what every other big name player has been traded for recently outside of Kyrie.  As you said, San Antonio's front office has really made some poor decisions over the last year.

I would say LA, Philadelphia, and Boston should be embarrassed, but you just never know what San Antonio wanted.  If they wanted star power then DeRozan is the best player (at least for 1 season) any of these teams was offering.

Actually, this is more than what Paul George went for last year.  Also more than what Cousins and Butler went for when you consider the caliber of player DeRozan is right now.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Just getting to the Finals is a huge accomplishment and something Toronto has never done, and a healthy Leonard gives them a shot.

If all you have to give up for a potential top 5 player is a significantly worse player, a back-up big man, and a heavily protected 1st, then you make that trade 100/100 times regardless of the circumstances.

Dang trade the GOAT Raptor that has embraced the city for a malcontent that doesn't want to even be there, and is gone in a year. Hopefully KL doesn't pull a Vince Carter. He won't if he wants his money, but it would be funny.

Archived